Radiata Stories for the PS2

Knife

Non-human side has some great characters... but I can't remember their names...

What I do remember vividly is the awesome main town and how much I hated the final dungeon. I liked how most characters actually had lives and didn't walk around in circles, repeating the same one or two sentences whenever you spoke to them. It made the towns very lively.

I'm not really sure of what my feelings for this game are. It kept me enthralled enough to dump over a hundred hours into the game(in total, over two plays - accounting for grinding time + endgame dungeon on the first play - I was sick at the time too, and was basically forced to stay in bed, so there wasn't much else to do), but once you hit both stories, there really isn't much left in the way of replayability aside from simply changing your party around. The story can only go so far, and once you've done both sides, there isn't much of a reason to go through it again.

As for non-human characters, most FAQs will probably tell you to get Gruel, J.J., and/or Galvados, since they're basically the "upper echelon" characters, though I've only personally used Galvados, as I chose to go with Romaria as my healer/mage and the final spot was one of the two story characters. (Pre-Galvados, both characters are in the party, until the one leaves.)

What I was surprised about was that when doing the endgame dungeon(the one that opens after clearing the game, that is), basically every guide that covered it on the Human path said, "The "final" boss is so hard, that even with tons of berries and the best team (which was recommended as Elwen, Kain, and

Valkyrie

, IIRC), you can still easily lose this fight." And yet, with my party of Miranda, Fernando, and

Valkyrie

, I had no problems whatsoever and won on my first try, no less. Unless I just got lucky, the fight really wasn't that hard, which was surprising, given the amount of time one had to invest to get the whole way to the chamber...

Edited by Lord Glenn

I have. Always chose the human side. Any good non-human characters?

The non-human side is pretty much the "real" one. You need to play it at least once before you truly beat the game. The Human side has better characters though. For non-humans, go with Gil, Gruel, Romaria, JJ, and Galvados.

yes I have played it; I found it overall to be pretty fun and such but I would have liked to play as the other characters; it's pretty fun though getting involved and helping out all of the characters which gives you a bit more insight than a regular game with a lot of characters -and the concept of passing days was pretty innovative and nicely adding another minor challenge, working your way around a tight, complex schedule-