Lloyd Reed

VincentASM

Lloyd Reed, also known as White Wolf, is one of the assassins of an organization known as the Black Fang. He is the older son of the Commander, Brendan Reed. He has a younger brother Linus (also known as Rabid Hound), an Uncle Jan, a stepmother Sonia, and a younger stepsister Nino (who is actually adopted). It is unknown as to what happened to Lloyd's mother. He's also good friends with the Hurricane Legault and the Soaring Hawk Uhai who are also Black Fang assassins.

Lloyd was one of the first members of the Black Fang and was always one of the prestigious Four Fangs. He always carries out the law of the Black Fang and never questioned his orders as long as he receives them from his father. He dislikes his stepmother Sonia who serves Lord Nergal but he treats Nino like a younger sister. He is one of the best assassins of the Fang and always wondered if he could even defeat Jaffar, the Angel of Death, who is feared for his skill even among the Black Fang. He is also quite handsome, according to Legault. Nino once said that Lloyd is mature, kind, reliable, and dashing.

His most recent target is Eliwood and he and his brother Linus later find him in Bern. One of the brothers heads back to the headquarters to inform their father. If Lloyd leaves, he finds his brother dead when he returns. Believing it to be Eliwood's doing, he promises to avenge his brother's death and tells him that he'll be joining him soon. If Linus leaves instead, then Lloyd attempts to lure Eliwood's army to a fort in the north. But he underestimates them and gets defeated. He is shown mercy by Eliwood. Lloyd takes the opportunity to get behind Eliwood but tells the others that he has no plans of leaving with a hostage and will only kill Eliwood. Eliwood then tells him that Uhai spoke the same words. Lloyd then learns that his friend Uhai helped Eliwood just before his death and realized that Eliwood might not be evil. He suspected Sonia to be the mastermind of all this and releases Eliwood, telling him that he will not punish him until he gets his answers. He refuses to give his name and warns them to watch out for Sonia. Shortly after leaving, he is killed by a surprise attack from Limstella, one of Nergal's morphs. Limstella remarks that Lloyd possesses strong quintessence.

If Lloyd survives, he goes to the entrance of the Shrine of Seals and waits for Eliwood to come so that he can finally avenge his brother. He tells Nino that he has no choice and asks her to kill him and not to look back. Lloyd tells Legault that it doesn't matter if Eliwood's army isn't responsible for Linus's death. As long as he believes they are, he'll fight them. But Lloyd ends up defeated and dies. He dies an honorable death and finally gets to join his brother.

Edited by VincentASM

My edits are below:

Lloyd Reed, also known as (the) White Wolf, is one of the assassins of an organization known as the Black Fang. He is the (eldest) son of the Commander, Brendan Reed (and he) has a younger brother Linus (*1), an Uncle Jan, a stepmother Sonia, and a younger stepsister Nino (*2). It is unknown as to what happened to Lloyd's mother *3. He's also good friends with the Hurricane Legault and the Soaring Hawk Uhai who are also Black Fang assassins.

Lloyd was one of the first members of the Black Fang and (, since the beginning,) one of the prestigious Four Fangs. He always carries out the law of the Black Fang and never questioned his orders as long as he receives them from his father. He dislikes his stepmother(,) Sonia(,) but he treats Nino like a younger sister. He is one of the best assassins of the Fang and always wondered if he could even defeat Jaffar, the Angel of Death, who is feared for his skill () among the Black Fang. (Lloyd) is also quite handsome, according to Legault(, while) Nino once said that (he) is mature, kind, reliable, and dashing.

His most recent target is Eliwood(, who) his brother Linus (and he) later find () in Bern. (Upon spotting Eliwood, *4) one of the brothers heads back to the headquarters to inform their father. If Lloyd leaves, he finds his brother dead when he returns. Believing it to be Eliwood's doing, he promises to avenge his brother's death and tells him that he'll be joining him soon. If Linus leaves instead, then Lloyd attempts to lure Eliwood's army to a fort in the north. (However) he underestimates them and gets defeated. (Lloyd) is shown mercy by Eliwood(, but he) takes the opportunity to get behind Eliwood (and) tells the others that he has no plans of leaving with a hostage and will () kill Eliwood. Eliwood then tells him that Uhai spoke the same words (and) Lloyd then learns that his friend Uhai helped Eliwood just before his death and (realizes) that Eliwood might not be evil. He suspect(s) Sonia to be the mastermind (behind) all this and releases Eliwood, telling him that he will not punish him until he gets his answers. He refuses to give his name and(, before leaving) warns them to watch out for Sonia. Shortly after(wards), he is killed by a surprise attack from Limstella, one of Nergal's morphs. Limstella remarks that Lloyd possesses strong quintessence.

If Lloyd survives, he goes to the entrance of the Shrine of Seals and waits for Eliwood to come so that he can finally avenge his brother. He tells Nino that he has no choice and asks her to kill him and not to look back. Lloyd tells Legault that it doesn't matter if Eliwood's army isn't responsible for Linus's death. As long as he believes they are, he'll fight them. (In the end) Lloyd (is) defeated(). He dies an honorable death and finally gets to join his brother.

*1 I'd probably save that for a Linus article.

*2 Same as above, but for a Nino article.

*3 Do they actually mention his mother in the game? If not, I think it would be a good idea to remove this sentence (since you can't know what you don't know).

*4 I tried to add some timeliness before this sentence. You could probably think of a better intro.

Edited by VincentASM

When I said "It is unknown as to what happened to Lloyd's mother", what I meant was that it was unknown to the players. But I agree, I can't write what I don't know. It's best if she's not even mentioned at all in the article.

All right. I edited my article. Thanks, Vincent. How's this:

Lloyd Reed, also known as the White Wolf, is one of the assassins of an organization known as the Black Fang. He is the eldest son of the Commander, Brendan Reed and he has a younger brother Linus, an Uncle Jan, a stepmother Sonia, and a younger stepsister Nino. He's also good friends with Legault and Uhai who are also Black Fang assassins.

Lloyd was one of the first members of the Black Fang and, since the beginning, one of the prestigious Four Fangs. He always carries out the law of the Black Fang and never questioned his orders as long as he receives them from his father. He dislikes his stepmother, Sonia, but he treats Nino like a younger sister. He is one of the best assassins of the Fang and always wondered if he could even defeat Jaffar, the Angel of Death, who is feared for his skill among the Black Fang. Lloyd is also quite handsome, according to Legault, while Nino once said that he is mature, kind, reliable, and dashing.

His most recent target is Eliwood, who his brother Linus and he later find in Bern. Upon spotting Eliwood, one of the brothers heads back to the headquarters to inform their father. If Lloyd leaves, he finds his brother dead when he returns. Believing it to be Eliwood's doing, he promises to avenge his brother's death and tells him that he'll be joining him soon. If Linus leaves instead, then Lloyd attempts to lure Eliwood's army to a fort in the north. However, he underestimates them and gets defeated. Lloyd is shown mercy by Eliwood, but he takes the opportunity to get behind Eliwood and tells the others that he has no plans of leaving with a hostage and will kill Eliwood. Eliwood then tells him that Uhai spoke the same words and Lloyd then learns that his friend Uhai helped Eliwood just before his death and realizes that Eliwood might not be evil. He suspects Sonia to be the mastermind behind all this and releases Eliwood, telling him that he will not punish him until he gets his answers. He refuses to give his name and, before leaving warns them to watch out for Sonia. Shortly afterwards, he is killed by a surprise attack from Limstella, one of Nergal's morphs. Limstella remarks that Lloyd possesses strong quintessence.

If Lloyd survives, he goes to the entrance of the Shrine of Seals and waits for Eliwood to come so that he can finally avenge his brother. He tells Nino that he has no choice and asks her to kill him and not to look back. Lloyd tells Legault that it doesn't matter if Eliwood's army isn't responsible for Linus's death. As long as he believes they are, he'll fight them. In the end Lloyd is defeated. He dies an honorable death and finally gets to join his brother.

Nice summary, but I just have a few questions.

Surely Lloyd would know Jerme better than Jaffar, so when you say "and always wondered if he could even defeat Jaffar", surely always is the contextually inaccurate.

Jaffar was brought in after Sonia married Brendan Reed, up to that point, surely both Legault and Jerme were the favoured assassins (actual assassin class, that is) of the Fang?

So to then say that Lloyd has always wondered if he could defeat this relative newcomer is putting it a bit misleadingly, isn't it?

As for the Black Fang, I kinda have a history associated with that name. ;)

Nice summary, but I just have a few questions.

Surely Lloyd would know Jerme better than Jaffar, so when you say "and always wondered if he could even defeat Jaffar", surely always is the contextually inaccurate.

Jaffar was brought in after Sonia married Brendan Reed, up to that point, surely both Legault and Jerme were the favoured assassins (actual assassin class, that is) of the Fang?

So to then say that Lloyd has always wondered if he could defeat this relative newcomer is putting it a bit misleadingly, isn't it?

As for the Black Fang, I kinda have a history associated with that name. ;)

Well, when I said "always", I obviously meant ever since Jaffar joined the Black Fang. The word "always" rarely refers to your whole life. Legault wasn't one of the Four Fangs so Lloyd knows that he could beat him. Lloyd never mentioned Jerme and it's very unlikely that Lloyd ever doubted that he could beat Jerme. After all, Jerme isn't one of the Four Fangs anymore (and I'm not sure if he ever was). But he directly told Jaffar that he always wondered who would win if they dueled.

Well, when I said "always", I obviously meant ever since Jaffar joined the Black Fang. The word "always" rarely refers to your whole life. Legault wasn't one of the Four Fangs so Lloyd knows that he could beat him. Lloyd never mentioned Jerme and it's very unlikely that Lloyd ever doubted that he could beat Jerme. After all, Jerme isn't one of the Four Fangs anymore (and I'm not sure if he ever was). But he directly told Jaffar that he always wondered who would win if they dueled.

Jerme's dialogue says that he was one of the Four Fangs before Jaffar turned up. The Death Kite Jerme was the assassin of choice before Jaffar.

As for Legault, I know he was well-respected as you can tell from his dialogue. Given that Ursula and Jaffar only showed up after Sonia's arrival, it's entirely possible that either Legault or Uhai was the "Fourth Fang" so to speak.

I'm discussing, not arguing here, so don't get über-defensive. Not that you are or anything. >_>

Jerme's dialogue says that he was one of the Four Fangs before Jaffar turned up. The Death Kite Jerme was the assassin of choice before Jaffar.

As for Legault, I know he was well-respected as you can tell from his dialogue. Given that Ursula and Jaffar only showed up after Sonia's arrival, it's entirely possible that either Legault or Uhai was the "Fourth Fang" so to speak.

I'm discussing, not arguing here, so don't get über-defensive. Not that you are or anything. >_>

Well, considering that Jerme was the one who got demoted instead of one of the other three, it seems pretty obvious that they knew he was lower in skill. And it doesn't matter about who is the Fourth Fang. It could be Legault or Uhai or even Pascal but that's not relevant to Lloyd's story. The Reed brothers were well respected. They were the best assassins. Legault clearly said so and Sonia sort of implied it in one part. Jaffar was the most feared. Lloyd knows he's more skilled than any of the other assassins except Jaffar. They never had a test until that chapter. That's when Lloyd said he always wondered who would win if they battled each other.

And I'm not getting defensive. I'm trying to discuss too. I just don't see what your point is.

Well, considering that Jerme was the one who got demoted instead of one of the other three, it seems pretty obvious that they knew he was lower in skill. And it doesn't matter about who is the Fourth Fang. It could be Legault or Uhai or even Pascal but that's not relevant to Lloyd's story. The Reed brothers were well respected. They were the best assassins. Legault clearly said so and Sonia sort of implied it in one part. Jaffar was the most feared. Lloyd knows he's more skilled than any of the other assassins except Jaffar. They never had a test until that chapter. That's when Lloyd said he always wondered who would win if they battled each other.

And I'm not getting defensive. I'm trying to discuss too. I just don't see what your point is.

My point is ironing out details, because I like details. Discrepancies are kind of an occupational hazard with backstories, you know!

What makes you think Jerme got demoted due to lack of skill? Sonia manipulated it's leadership, surely that's what got Jaffar into the Four Fangs? As for Legault, despite his in-game stats, there's no reason to doubt his potential. That'd be like criticising Sothe for being weak on PoR. Just like Greil, he has a tragic event in his life that turned him away from the sword. Surely he wouldn't have been such a major member of the Black Fang if they didn't think he had the potential. Though, it's unspoken storyline tbh, so perhaps I'm clutching at straws here. Makes some interesting thoughts though.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it..... <(o_o)^

My point is ironing out details, because I like details. Discrepancies are kind of an occupational hazard with backstories, you know!

What makes you think Jerme got demoted due to lack of skill? Sonia manipulated it's leadership, surely that's what got Jaffar into the Four Fangs? As for Legault, despite his in-game stats, there's no reason to doubt his potential. That'd be like criticising Sothe for being weak on PoR. Just like Greil, he has a tragic event in his life that turned him away from the sword. Surely he wouldn't have been such a major member of the Black Fang if they didn't think he had the potential. Though, it's unspoken storyline tbh, so perhaps I'm clutching at straws here. Makes some interesting thoughts though.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it..... <(o_o)^

It's like this. There are four Four Fangs (obviously). Lloyd, Linus, Jerme, and someone else. It could have been Legault or Uhai or even Pascal. For all we know, it might have been Jan. But then Nergal and Sonia arrived. Jaffar was in the Black Fang now. Maybe Sonia manipulated everything but there's no denying that Jaffar is skilled enough to be one of the Four Fangs. And I think Sonia would still want the most skilled assassins to be in the Four Fangs. They would all obey her orders anyway.

Legault was a great assassin when Aesha was still alive. But remember in his conversation with Isadora (if you ever read it)? He says that he doesn't rely on his skill. Most assassins don't. Only assassins like Lloyd and Linus can do their job without trickery. He was definitely skilled but not up to Lloyd or Jaffar's level.

Now there's Jerme. Like I said earlier, I don't think Sonia demoted him so that Nergal's people would go up top. Otherwise Theodor and Kenneth could've taken Lloyd and Linus's place. In any case, I don't think Legault ever mentioned Jerme. Why would Sonia demote Jerme instead of Lloyd or Linus? I'm pretty sure Lloyd never mentioned him.

By the way, I never consider in-game stats when looking at character's stories.

I think it's good.

I finally got around to adding a page for it.

Thank you so much. I've been waiting for this day. But why aren't Sonia, Nino, or Jan mentioned in the relations part? But I'm glad that my article is there at least. My first contribution to this great site.

Well, you already mentioned those three in the article itself, plus I didn't want to make any of the Profile entries too long.

Another thing is that Sonia and Nino are step-relatives, while I'm not even sure if Jan is their real uncle (I'd probably have to check the Japanese version for that).

I see. By the way, I'm pretty sure Jan is their real uncle. He was with them from the start, way before Sonia joined. But you never know how many mistakes appeared during translation.