Classes Bands

I was wondering do those bands also affect the stat growth of Laguz. Because I wanted to give Reyson a soldier band in hopes of increasing his chances of having defense and H.P go up. I wanted him to get into a fight against Ashnard so I can see the dialog without getting killed in one hit from Ashnard. And since it's pretty hard to get both stats to rise simultaneously, I figure I'd give him soldier band to at least increase the chances of him doing so.....

I'm pretty sure they affect Laguz as well, although I don't think the paltry growth increase will help much. You'd probably be better off giving Reyson a bunch of Seraph Robes and Dracoshields.

By the way, you're only permitted to have one image in your signature. Could you remove one?

Edited by Musashi

Yes, it might sometimes go pretty well, but that's what we call personal experience, of which the outcome will never be exactly the same (you won't have the exact same team that does the exact same things twice). Technically, you probably have a 0.00000000000000000000000000001% chance or something that it will happen (though it's probably even less than that).

Anyway, yes, the bands do affect Laguz Growth.

The bands usually don't do much for me no matter who I give them to. Maybe it's cause I play random mode but I don't see much of a change when characters level up. I'm thinking of selling them next time I play.

For a level one character it's basically giving them a +2 ( +4 in the case of the Mage Band and a whopping +12 in the case of the Knight Ward ) over time on each stat it affects on average.

They're useful if you abuse bonus experience or something, but otherwise you might want to sell them for cash. The Knight Ward is nice enough for the +2 in both defenses and the higher boost, though.

Edited by Trabant

For a level one character it's basically giving them a +2 ( +4 in the case of the Mage Band and a whopping +12 in the case of the Knight Ward ) over time on each stat it affects on average.

They're useful if you abuse bonus experience or something, but otherwise you might want to sell them for cash. The Knight Ward is nice enough for the +2 in both defenses and the higher boost, though.

Since you'll likely be trading them around between characters and considering most characters come at a higher level than 1/0, it'll more likely be +1 on average, which is only very rarely worth something.

The bands do stack with weapon and class alterations on fixed mode, so you actually can get a noticeable stat increase with a little micromanagement.

Since you'll likely be trading them around between characters and considering most characters come at a higher level than 1/0, it'll more likely be +1 on average, which is only very rarely worth something.

Well yes, but I was considering the effect of a band perma equipped on someone from start to finish just so he could get an idea.

This reminds me. I was playing in hard mode, and i screwed up. Reyson was in Ashanard's range. I though "Well, reset i guess..." But then Reyson *gasp* dodged! WTF?!

In fact, i screwed up a lot in that one, and strange enough i was able to finish it in just 1 try.

Edited by Atriel

On fixed mode, yes. On random mode they will rarely have any noticeable effects.

Really? During all my play throughs, They have done wonders in helping me. It sure helps my Gatrie out with his speed and skill problem....

This reminds me. I was playing in hard mode, and i screwed up. Reyson was in Ashanard's range. I though "Well, reset i guess..." But then Reyson *gasp* dodged! WTF?!

In fact, i screwed up a lot in that one, and strange enough i was able to finish it in just 1 try.

lol the first time I played hard mode, Ashnard scared the hell out of me when he flew down. Nasir had to be sitting in his attack range, but luckily, he didn't get killed. Soon he moved, I said "WTF?!"

Edited by Blaze340

Really? During all my play throughs, They have done wonders in helping me. It sure helps my Gatrie out with his speed and skill problem....

You could have just been luckier, you know. The way random mode is, just becuase it's there doesn't mean it caused it. On the other hand, there is the very small chance that most of his skill and speed-ups were in that 5% range of the band. Who knows?

Wait a second. Gatrie's skill problems are only due to his weak base. 55% growth means it's going up pretty reliably.

You could have just been luckier, you know. The way random mode is, just becuase it's there doesn't mean it caused it. On the other hand, there is the very small chance that most of his skill and speed-ups were in that 5% range of the band. Who knows?

Wait a second. Gatrie's skill problems are only due to his weak base. 55% growth means it's going up pretty reliably.

He usually gets about a 19 to 22 at skill and about 17 to 19 for speed. But for some reason, when I give him a Archer or Thief band, he gets awfully close to cap both stats. If I were to give him a Speedwing or Secret Book, he just about caps.....

Edited by Blaze340

He usually gets about a 19 to 22 at skill and about 17 to 19 for speed. But for some reason, when I give him a Archer or Thief band, he gets awfully close to cap both stats. If I were to give him a Speedwing or Secret Book, he just about caps.....

Your Gatries tend to get Skill screwed and Speed blessed, actually. But I'm assuming you 20/20 him.

Since this topic it about bands...What stats do the Wyvern Band increase? I've wondered after all these years..

Strength growth +5%, Defence growth +5% That's pretty good imo, at least compared to most of the other bands.

Edited by KSFF2150

Your Gatries tend to get Skill screwed and Speed blessed, actually. But I'm assuming you 20/20 him.

Yep. I actually find Brom more useful than Gatrie. He usually caps speed, skill, and def. His strength for some reason only ends up at 25 though. And sometimes, he would cap str along with his other stat caps...