H5 Tier list topic

Rodykitty

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell do I have those levels for my units 6 chapters later...

Again, you didn't stick around for reinforcements, Warpskipped a chapter (supposedly), and used a slightly larger team.

False. Caesar has rocking growths in several classes, especially Fighter. The only reason he's (probably) going down is because of join time and being under leveled essentially nerfing his potential awesome.

You think Reclassing Caesar as a Fighter when you get him (considering you cannot do it until the next Ch) is smart, though? His Axe lv will be what, D at best? If it was higher, I'd say yeah and give him a Killer or a Pole Axe. I mean if you still have the Devil Axe from Ch3 there's still a risk to that. The up side from being a merc is his speed. Reclass him and he loses a bit. Unlesss you level him a bit off the enemies in Port Warren (enemy Horsemen come to mind as his accuracy is great) then I wouldn't sue him.

Allow me to recommend you to a website so that you can at least evaluate the stats Capri:

www.feplanet.net

Look toward the Shadow Dragon stuff and you shall see what a character averages.

Lol. I have an account there already. Matter of fact, I think my username's the same. Not to mention I've printed out everything on the FE:SD page from growth rates to supports and shit.

EDIT: Actually, I think I built my sig on that site.

Edited by Capracanis

Let's settle on 1.25 levels per chapter, maybe?

With the rate adjusted depending on circumstance.

Guess that seems reasonable, since it's likely someone could've taken a bosskill and such.

Here's the point I guess: 20/1 Nabarl seems in about 14 Chapters (it's 13.6), so this means Nabarl should be 20/1 by C16.

As for statistics, I believe that there are marginal differences. Suffice to say Nabarl won't double some of the Cavs, but in response to it he has durability to speak of over Catria. By C20, I get 20/8, maybe 20/7 for Nabarl. Sound right to you guys otherwise?

Edited by Colonel M

Here's the point I guess: 20/1 Nabarl seems in about 14 Chapters (it's 13.6), so this means Nabarl should be 20/1 by C16.
Doesn't seem like a huge deal. He'll still have a level lead on her.

I can try, but I don't see Nabarl > Dolphin easy to do.

Dolph requires about 1.7 Levels per chapter to be 20/1 by C20. Unfortunately, he has to stick with the Hunter route, but the good news is once he promotes ranks are barely an issue. Neither are his stats:

40 HP | 16 Str | 13 Skl | 17.0 Spd | 5 Luck | 20 Def | 3.0 Res

Has Ridersbane for offense, and though he can't really bend weapons down a whole lot, 25 Atk Braves 5RKO him. Then assume that he's about 20/3 by C21:

42 HP | 16 Str | 13 Skl | 18 Spd | 5 Luck | 21 Def | 3.0

Suffice to say the DracoKnights sit on 24 Atk, so take a guess on the #RKOs it takes to take him down. Yeah, quite a bit. It takes a ridiculous amount of Atk to actually decimate him, and a DracoShield makes him damn near impervious. One level up, and he's likely immune to the Pegasi and taking like 4 damage from the DracoKnights.

Yeah, I'd say Dolph > Nabarl, so that's where that would end.

Kashim on the other hand I'd say he can pull the lead. Problem is iffy earlygame like Darros, but he has from C3 - C20, which is about 20 chapters. So by C20, he's about 20/5 at the worst, and that gives Kashim something like 44 HP / 25 Def, so don't expect much penetrating him.

I think this would be the end of Nabarl's climb and maybe the beginning of Kashim's. One might disagree though, since his (Dolph)'s career has to be spent as a Hunter in order to be impressive as a General. Unless you can suggest that Dolph falls back into Armor Knight sometime later, which isn't totally difficult as Hunter gives Dolph quite a bit on the AS side, meaning the slightly weaker Def. Apparently one level is forced with Armor Knight, but a Level 11 Dolph that's spent quite a bit of time as a Hunter has 26 HP / 15 Def for durability backed by 9 AS, meaning he isn't doubled by the unpromoted enemies. I wouldn't recommend this though as I'd simply stick to Hunter -> General to obtain awesome WEXP.

Hunter -> General would probably be the best to choose, but we aren't seeing a whole lot done here:

20/1 - 38 HP | 16 Str | 9 Skl | 11 Spd | 6 Luck | 19 Def | 3.0 Res

Well, I guess it isn't too bad. Though like Dolph he'd take some damage as a General, just not as much.

EDIT: Magic Def numbers -

20 Def - 20/2

21 Def - 20/4

22 Def - 20/6

23 Def - 20/8

24 Def - 20/11

25 Def - 20/13

Seems to me that 20/6 is about reasonable by C20, so he'd have about 22 Def. Unfortunately he has 12 AS, so prepare to be quadrupled a bit. At least it isn't terribly difficult to solve with a Dracoshield.

20/6 Kashim has 41 HP / 22 Def. This JUST avoids the 27 Atk Braves, if they exist, from 2RKOing him.

Edited by Colonel M

I guess the utility of being good to go helps out Kashim's case, as well as being able to whip out Silver Bow earlier and Parthia if needed (screw Jeorge). He doesn't have the best of AS, but I wouldn't go too far on that.

Since ~C16 Kashim will be promoted, he will be trumping defensively. He isn't doubled by unpromoted units, but everything that's promoted will double him. Suffice to say, watch out for the DracoKnight with the Hammer-time on his thoughts. He can't really whip out a Ridersbane yet, so his Silver Bow will probably be doing a lot of the talking. Good news is Kashim has just enough Atk (54 = 16 Str + 36 Mt + 2 Atk for A Rank) to ORKO the DracoKnights on the spot. Everything else has to be pitted against his Steel Lance and Javelins. He can 3RKO the Cavaliers with his Steel Lance, as for the Javelin I don't want to think about it.

Of course we're looking at defensively. I'm not going to bother with the DracoKnight with the Hammer for obvious reasons. The Cavs with Armorslayer leave him with about 9 HP (29 damage? Ouch). As for anything else that wields a Sword, they do about 6 damage. The Javelins do about 1 more point of damage, and the high end Cavalier w/Ridersbane does about 8 damage. This means that, if ever possible, he can survive a round of the Armorslayer + 1 other Cavalier. He can also survive the Armorslayer Cav + Horseman as well. If he's on the fort, he does slightly better in the Def category, but I won't go very far into that.

C20 is where I'd start to question this. Think of it like... Horus, almost. This setup gets quadrupled all the time, and despite 41 HP / 22 Def, he can't survive a whole hell of a lot. The very low end Paladins (25) pull a 4RKO thankfully, and it only gets worse and worse for them. Generals can't quad him, so for the most part he isn't dying very quickly on those. As for further down the road... saying he's about 20/8, he takes 4 damage from the Brave Lance DracoKnights while being impervious to the Pegasi.

I'd say that Hunter -> General!Kashim works, but it's barely passing. I'll re-evaluate with Dolph's end, but just to show what the Hunter -> General setup for Kashim was doing about mid to lategame.