H5 Tier list topic

Rodykitty

I think you're right, but I don't really want to get into it right now. I'll think about it and post my decision later...

Nagi is technically more useful than Gato (Magestone users say hi), but Gato has utility as a healer, if nothing else. He also has Swarm and whatever other maigc you want him to use (Thoron, Excalibur) to help out.

This isn't my opinion, just my take on the overall usefulness of the characters.

And the Geosphere is useful in other chapters besides the Endgame, BTW. So it might have been used already.

EDIT: Thunderman/Levin/Sirius beat me to it.

Geosphere + dragonslayers make those mage dragons easy enough. Gotoh's got range, Nagi has to get hit and then counter. She can't heal with reserve. She can't attack from 10 spaces away. She's good against mage dragons, Gotoh's better against everything else.

Gotoh's crazy.

To Sirius: We could say the same thing for many lategame chapters if it's so big a problem. Which point, we won't need the geosphere in general.

Edited by Grandjackal

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whut? The Geosphere even needs to be used for endgame, at all?

it takes a forged dragonkiller and a guy who doesn't fail at life to kill the dragon in front of medeus. Nagi suicides on Medeus, Marth finishes if he has more than 6 str. Seriously, where does the Geosphere even factor in here? That's used for C23.

Edited by Vyland

whut? The Geosphere even needs to be used for endgame, at all?

it takes a forged dragonkiller and a guy who doesn't fail at life to kill the dragon in front of medeus. Nagi suicides on Medeus, Marth finishes if he has more than 6 str. Seriously, where does the Geosphere even factor in here? That's used for C23.

Either way, endgame's a joke. If Nagi won't go under Gotoh, at least drop them both by quite a bit.

Geosphere + dragonslayers make those mage dragons easy enough. Gotoh's got range, Nagi has to get hit and then counter. She can't heal with reserve. She can't attack from 10 spaces away. She's good against mage dragons, Gotoh's better against everything else.

Gotoh's crazy.

To Sirius: We could say the same thing for many lategame chapters if it's so big a problem. Which point, we won't need the geosphere in general.

I didn't actually say that I was supporting Nagi, just so you know. I just wanted to express my opinion.

Ah, well. All things considered, Gato is probably better than Nagi, as you need to waste a unit slot to get her. (Tiki who gets killed) And Gato has staff usage in a pinch.

Gato>Nagi.

Although, since this is H5, wouldn't a uber mamkute slayer be useful? One who doesn't take shitloads of damage from magestones? After all, Magestoners are bitches... Or maybe it's just me.

Ah, well. All things considered, Gato is probably better than Nagi, as you need to waste a unit slot to get her. (Tiki who gets killed) And Gato has staff usage in a pinch.

Gato>Nagi.

Although, since this is H5, wouldn't a uber mamkute slayer be useful? One who doesn't take shitloads of damage from magestones? After all, Magestoners are bitches... Or maybe it's just me.

Considering some characters up there require you to kill off most of the cast, Tiki dying is crying over spilled milk at best.

If we're going about the final chapter slowly, all the dragonslayer weapons we have will make these mamkutes easy. If we have the geosphere still, this chapter is a joke.

Tiki can be revived and you can still get the real Falchion.

Also, by getting Gotoh you trade having an easier time with Mage Dragons for an easier time dealing with shooters and other stuff you can do with worm, though Mage Dragons is a use for her.

Considering some characters up there require you to kill off most of the cast, Tiki dying is crying over spilled milk at best.

If we're going about the final chapter slowly, all the dragonslayer weapons we have will make these mamkutes easy. If we have the geosphere still, this chapter is a joke.

You have a point...

(Tiki who gets killed)

who gets killed very easily

If this is a negative point, using generics is also a negative point since they take up slots. No. You use Chiki without any regards to her safety, the same way you would generics, so she can do damage before she goes down.

who gets killed very easily

If this is a negative point, using generics is also a negative point since they take up slots. No. You use Chiki without any regards to her safety, the same way you would generics, so she can do damage before she goes down.

I wasn't complaining.

Again, Chiki can get revived if you wanted, so it's not a big deal. (Chiki is the only character that really wants to be killed off and revived anyway).

That is if we're doing a keep everyone alive run. Otherwise, it's best it be saved for a time you accidentally fuck up around the time you get it.

Chiki may actually be being used. Other Gaiden Chapter character requirements are guaranteed to be characters you're not using.

This may be a negative for Chiki, but not for Nagi.

Well there's that, but her chances of being used are low...

...Or do you really mean she'll be used and actually have a point in being used?

Well there's that, but her chances of being used are low...

...Or do you really mean she'll be used and actually have a point in being used?

Her chances of being used are the chances of the player using her, which is not a static percentage. Tier lists are judging quality of character and how much they benefit your team, not the probability of them being used.

Also, I think there is a point in using Chiki, but requires heavy leveling apparently. I never really used her so I'll let others debate on it.

Edited by Chainey

Her chances of being used are the chances of the player using her, which is not a static percentage. Tier lists are judging quality of character and how much they benefit your team, not the probability of them being used.

She's in Low, meaning she's low quality...meaning she won't be used as often.

I understand she's an option to revive with the aum staff...but not a likely one.

She's in Low, meaning she's low quality...meaning she won't be used as often.

I understand she's an option to revive with the aum staff...but not a likely one.

I don't like using probability of use as a factor. It leads to arguments such as "Kain & Abel are getting forged weapons because they're the most likely to be used" and stuff like that or "this character is better off being killed off since you'll already have your team filled anyway".

And I already said it's a negative for Chiki. What more do you want?

Edited by Chainey

Also, her late joining plays a big role in why she's in low. Low tier doesn't necessarily mean that a character isn't going to be used.

Hell, I've used Etzel more than Cord and Nabarl and look at the tier difference between them.

Edited by Sirius

Some people actually have enough units on their team to meet the unit limit.

some people have Gordin on there team post C4

some people try to use Tomas

some people use [shudder] Est

Yeah, weak argument, nobody gives a crap, and if you weren't complaining, then why does this bother you?

Well that might be the case, but what is Chiki's charm if most of the reason she's in low is because of her jointime? I recall that for the most part everyone skips chapter 24 and the mage dragons of endgame are easily taken care of...Is there something I'm missing?

Easily...taken care of...what?

Magic Mamkute:

60 HP

30 atk

115 hit

24 AS

21 def

24 res

...EASILY taken care of?!

Yeah, why do you think everybody skips C24, and why so many people 1 turn warp?

Edited by Vyland