H5 Tier list topic

Rodykitty

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ammo, too. Stonehoist has 40 uses: That's a huge boon because ammo is a ballisticans worst nightmare. Even WITH Stonehoist and not dualing Ballistae Jake was almost out of ammo by the time Pacyderm hit.

does it really matter? I'm not going to keep Palla on Draco (which has shit speed) just so Est can still suck.

It can't miss, if you really have to know...

does it really matter? I'm not going to keep Palla on Draco (which has shit speed) just so Est can still suck.

It can't miss, if you really have to know...

Est only needs to hold a 1 range weapon and be deployed with both her sisters to outperform the bottom tiers. Generally not needing any experience or funds to give out positive utility is considered valuable IIRC.

Just so you know, 0x3 still equals 0.

Est is definitely a 1. A lonely number. No Triangle could salvage her.

You misinterpreted my post. I was saying just setting up tri attacks is more useful than having slightly better utility and sucking ass.

Edit: Change utility to durability....

Oh and let me just destroy that argument. Est is doing far more than 0 damage. On the map she joins she OHKO's every single enemy with tri thanks to that ridersbane she starts with. Most of the bottom tiers WISH they had a starting chapter like that. Hell some of the lows can't even make that claim.

Edited by Lancelot

Trust me, you gotta do better than that. At least Lorenz can weaken a DracoKnight and finish off a random Paladin. What the fuck can Est do? Just suck, that's what.

Yes and est can OHKO every horse not named camus in the game as well as the draco knights by the time they appear with Paola's dragon pike as long as she get's the tri. She prob can OHKO the dragons as well with it.

Est only needs to hold a 1 range weapon and be deployed with both her sisters

Yeah, see

That's kind of the problem

especially with Catria dropping

Quit trying to dodge the issue here, hombre.

Edited by Miyamoto Powers

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ignore opportunity costs here. Unless you already poured EXP into them (which then losing one of the sisters that isn't leveled up isn't a huge loss), then Katua, Paola, and Est shouldn't be a detriment to a team if they suck. If they die, it's better than your main team dying at least.

At the same time, I don't really care for the favortism of handing Camus kills to them. I do see the merit in being able to score a kill without needing to feed EXP to do so, but the triangle attack is situational, so good luck determining whether it is better than Lorenz.

Est only needs to hold a 1 range weapon and be deployed with both her sisters

Yeah, see

That's kind of the problem

especially with Catria dropping

Quit trying to dodge the issue here, hombre.

Only one of them has to be in true use. The other two are just tag alongs. Generally you could say only katua is in use. The other two just provide utility in the form of tri attacking rather than crappy chip damage. Which is better? Competing with the rest of your units over weapons/experience and never performing better than anyone (the bottom tiers) or enabling a unit who has problems with attack but generally high statistics the ability to OHKO and taking nothing from the team (the pegasus sisters).

Ah, another problem with the Triangle Attack: 2 units that could've became regenerating generics (well they can still be used but point being they take up space...).

Who cares? I am only getting the crappiest equipment and horrendous units. Besides thanks to units like Jake,Beck, and Chainey who I usually keep around even if I am only using them on chapters with high deployments are still useful despite lack of experience and thus prevent me from even getting generics. Then there is units like minerva who are still useful until the very late game. Why the **** should I get rid of them just for a 1000 gold per chapter?!

Using any less than the number of units you are allowed to deploy... IS retarded strategy. Especially on hard 5.

Edited by Lancelot

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ignore opportunity costs here. Unless you already poured EXP into them (which then losing one of the sisters that isn't leveled up isn't a huge loss)

It's just plain silly to ignore TWO less than stellar characters being forced into play just so Est can not suck as badly. Never mind that they have to be the same class, so you're also making Palla worse on top of it [she wants Sniper way more]

I am only getting the crappiest equipment and horrendous units.

By this point, most of these "horrendous units" have better stats than Est

And we don't need to give two squats about their safety

It's just plain silly to ignore TWO less than stellar characters being forced into play just so Est can not suck as badly.
Well, it also makes Katua and Paola suck less too.

But this:

. Never mind that they have to be the same class, so you're also making Palla worse on top of it [she wants Sniper way more]
I didn't know they had to be the same class. Definitely a hit against them.

It's just plain silly to ignore TWO less than stellar characters being forced into play just so Est can not suck as badly.
Well, it also makes Katua and Paola suck less too.

But this:

. Never mind that they have to be the same class, so you're also making Palla worse on top of it [she wants Sniper way more]
I didn't know they had to be the same class. Definitely a hit against them.

No they just need 1 range.

Also I would disagree on sniper. Generally swordmaster is the better class due to access to weapons like the armorslayer thanks to tri attack. And the extra +2 speed base is more valuable and enables her to double longer.

Edited by Lancelot

Then the issue is still there because Palla wants to be Sniper: Her speed really needs some fixing up.

Generally swordmaster is the better class due to access to weapons like the armorslayer thanks to tri attack.

SWORDMASTER? Yeah, uh, have fun tinking and getting raped back on melee. Pretty damn sure SM Palla is going to be one rounded by braves, if not close.

btw armors aren't even that frequent anymore, so why are we giving Palla the shaft just so Est can not suck as bad, again?

It's just plain silly to ignore TWO less than stellar characters being forced into play just so Est can not suck as badly. Never mind that they have to be the same class, so you're also making Palla worse on top of it [she wants Sniper way more]

And it means that they get no player phase as well, which Est would need to make up for. She doesn't.

Anyway, can we show that Lorenz is better? All I'm seeing is Generics > Triangle Attack.

Lorenz does start with B in bows, so this gives him anti-Dragon Knight utility (at least in doing chip damage). He probably cares as much about Mages on Ch. 23 as other characters do. You can forget about doubling. You can forget about durability as other classes.

Oh yeah. I keep forgetting that Arran is under Lorenz.

Edited by Rody