H5 Tier list topic

Rodykitty

I'm fine with weakening enemies for Dolph/Catria to kill, but within reason. I would say Catria and Dolph can get one kill out of every group of enemies, as well as EXP from whatever enemy phase allows them to do.

Edited by Brawl Sheeda

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a point where the rest of the team is better by the second, and assuming we're seriously using Dolph, which would be better? Making already strong characters stronger, or ending a weaker character's period of suck sooner?

That argument holds no water anymore. It doesn't work for characters like Nino, and therefore it doesn't work for Dolph

How can anybody possibly justify that Dolph gets any of these kills?
It would be rather inefficent to kill it with Cain or someone who's turn would have been much better spent weakening another guy, don't you think? Dolph killing that pirate doesn't just get it out of the way, it means your better units now have their hands free to cause damage against bigger threats.

Furthermore, denying Dolph any kills in this chapter under the logic "any non healer could take those kills" is just a ridiculous sandbag aimed towards him.

That strategy is situational. There will often be times when you're facing just 2-3 enemies at a time, and the entire team can take these on and not have any other enemies to worry about weakening. I'm not denying Dolph isn't getting any kills, but giving him more then his fair share is favouritism, plain and simple.

Edited by IOS

That argument holds no water anymore. It doesn't work for characters like Nino, and therefore it doesn't work for Dolph

It doesn't work on characters like Nino because by the time they get levels...game over.

but giving him more then his fair share is favouritism, plain and simple.

Care to quote the portion of my post where I said anything resembling this?

We can't expect Dolph to always have an enemy to finish off, every turn. Thats what I meant by that.

We can label it as a common scenario for him to have a target to kill when we have several characters putting enemies into his kill margin.

Like I said, I don't find it unreasonable if they score 1 kill per enemy group they are active in fighting (maybe two if the enemy group is large enough to spend more than one turn.) Though I'm not too privvy on farming reinforcements.

He gets maybe a bit over 20 CEXP per kill, on top of that he can chip something for some decent CEXP. Of course I'd have to replay this and see for myself, but even so I don't see him walking out without a level (or even 2...) in 12X. Which, remember, is 2/6 levels.

Though I'm not too privvy on farming reinforcements.

I don't recall reinforcements ever being bought into this, and some of them are mandatory (or really close to) to deal with anyway.

Edited by Joker

Keep in mind this was the guy that didn't go to Gaidens / somehow had units at level 15 on C16. Without using B2BD's turn counts as guidelines, I'm about near his turn counts too.

Edited by Colonel M

Keep in mind this was the guy that didn't go to Gaidens / somehow had units at level 15 on C16. Without using B2BD's turn counts as guidelines, I'm about near his turn counts too.

Whose turn counts? Label your antecedents...

The pegs start at turn 12, right? I find it hard to imagine you wouldn't bump into some of them.

I generally have Catria, Paola, Minerva, Shiida (if any of the last two are fliers) block off the reinforcements.

The only thing I posted was 17 turns on chapter 14 with getting the treasure and shopping (though I passed up the Thoron).

Whatever, I'm not going to digress any further. I just question the reliability of reinforcement farming since it generally doesn't fly in any other game.

Note that I never say that reinforcements won't get killed at some point if they appear, but I do mean farming a large turn count of reinforcements to get EXP instead of heading for the throne.

Edited by Brawl Sheeda

It's fine. I don't take advantage of the reinforcements myself except in rare instances. I usually don't block some chapters if only because it's a bit more tedious to do (C10 is an iffy example). I'm replaying through the game so I'll see what happens in C14.

Dolph & Catria don't even exist on C9 & 10, though you're probably throwing those out there in general.

Blocking reinforcements is very easy on C12. You can bring three stooges to do so at the beginning of the chapter.

Haven't played 12x, but Ch.16 forts are a definite for getting kills unless you somehow manage to make a safe way to block them with fliers (which is a huge doubt). I would say Dolph/Catria can get a kill per wave and others aren't deprived this way.

Blocking reinforcements is very easy on C12. You can bring three stooges to do so at the beginning of the chapter.

C12 is a chapter low on deployment spots (11) so it's very likely you don't have three stooges who don't care about getting EXP.

Edited by Joker