Jamka's really pissing me off right now

Father Wood

As for the pairing problem, it's way easier to train Jamka than to train Midir(better strating level, better weapon).

And doesn't the final stats for Chapter 5 influence something on the children?

I've never had trouble recruiting Jamka. -_-

He only attacks from two spaces away, and the forest limits his movement by a lot. Use his men to your advantage and let them make some sort of barrier with that narrow space in the middle of the trees (the spirit forest).

Since you've already killed him, you could restart the chapter. Its not that long compared to chapter 2, and its one of my favorites.

I thought Charge on a bow user is really bad? Or is that only in FE5?

Only in FE5, where Charge can trigger on no-retaliation attacks (lol ballistae). In FE4, though? It's a pretty neat complement for ranged/overkill units. (It gets regular melee units killed off more easily, though.)

And, either way, both archer fathers have Charge.

As for the pairing problem, it's way easier to train Jamka than to train Midir(better strating level, better weapon).

And doesn't the final stats for Chapter 5 influence something on the children?

A little, yes.

Midir xi Aideen is so much better. Pursuit is the best skill in FE4, and without it Lester is very mediocre. With it and Hero Bow, he attacks four times every time, which more than overcomes Jamka!Lester's Str advantage. And Hero Bow has auto-Continue, so that's no real advantage for Jamka anyway. Though even if he uses Killer or Silver, Pursuit + Charge > Continue + Charge. Attacking twice always > attacking twice AS+20% of the time.

The stats from Jamka are slightly better, but a much better skill > slightly better stats.

Midir xi Aideen is so much better. Pursuit is the best skill in FE4, and without it Lester is very mediocre. With it and Hero Bow, he attacks four times every time, which more than overcomes Jamka!Lester's Str advantage. And Hero Bow has auto-Continue, so that's no real advantage for Jamka anyway. Though even if he uses Killer or Silver, Pursuit + Charge > Continue + Charge. Attacking twice always > attacking twice AS+20% of the time.

The stats from Jamka are slightly better, but a much better skill > slightly better stats.

Pursuit ring.