The GUNDAM!! Appreciation Topic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, Kamille is more awesome, really.

Umon took out three Rick Doms in a Ball that was actually worse than the average Ball, statistically.

Seabook took out a super Mobile Armor with just his Afterimages.

Shiro landed on a moving GAW, beat a Gouf with a dismembered limb, and FALCON PAONCH'd the Aspallus out of the sky.

Garrod takes down Newtypes on a regular basis, even though he himself is just an Oldtype.

Ali kicked Setsuna's ass in the ENACT, of all mobile suits, and later shot down both Johann Trinity and Niel Dylandy using the Throne Zwei.

I beat the Dynames, the Throne Eins, AND the Exia. ALL in Flags.

...Usso's just Usso. He's wierdly awesome like that.

Umon took out three Rick Doms in a Ball that was actually worse than the average Ball, statistically.

Seabook took out a super Mobile Armor with just his Afterimages.

Shiro landed on a moving GAW, beat a Gouf with a dismembered limb, and FALCON PAONCH'd the Aspallus out of the sky.

Garrod takes down Newtypes on a regular basis, even though he himself is just an Oldtype.

Ali kicked Setsuna's ass in the ENACT, of all mobile suits, and later shot down both Johann Trinity and Niel Dylandy using the Throne Zwei.

I beat the Dynames, the Throne Eins, AND the Exia. ALL in Flags.

...Usso's just Usso. He's wierdly awesome like that.

Fuck all those in battle deeds, Kamille killed Palpatine Scirocco.

And he's much more awesome. Zeta is the best Gundam series ever.

Oh, and he has better character.

Fuck all those in battle deeds, Kamille killed Palpatine Scirocco.

And he's much more awesome. Zeta is the best Gundam series ever.

Oh, and he has better character.

So? Scirocco Brainfried him in the process. Also, X and 00 are both better than Zeta. :P

...Garrod Ran, Niel Dylandy and I would like a word with you.

So? Scirocco Brainfried him in the process. Also, X and 00 are both better than Zeta. :P

...Garrod Ran, Niel Dylandy and I would like a word with you.

Because Scirocco is fuckin' cheap. And that added to the drama.

C'mon, Kamille is better as a character. And also he went through lots of shit(most of them involving friends)

Because Scirocco is fuckin' cheap. And that added to the drama.

C'mon, Kamille is better as a character. And also he went through lots of shit(most of them involving friends)

Garrod Ran believes in God (/Gundam X gag), Niel Dylandy is just fucking awesome, and I've lost more friends proportionally and STILL have my brain.

Garrod Ran believes in God (/Gundam X gag), Niel Dylandy is just fucking awesome, and I've lost more friends proportionally and STILL have my brain.

00 does not have Paptimus Scirocco.

You're on the bad side, so losing friends won't be as important as the protagonist losing friends(in a row).

Also, there's Jerid. Sucky pilot, but the character itself is good.

Patrick Colasour > Jerid Messa. And Patrick even learned how to pilot once Season 2 rolled around.

Jerid is more awesome because he is worse than Patrick. The only good battle Jerid had was his last. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS GUY.

Jerid is more awesome because he is worse than Patrick. The only good battle Jerid had was his last. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS GUY.

Patrick makes me lawl everytime he's on screen, which is something Jerid fails to do.

Also, 00 has several Scirocco wannabes. Alejandro Corner and Ribbons Almark, for example.

Although Alejandro failed massively at being Scirocco, he does score points for the Super-Ultima-Golden-GM-Of-Doom and the resulting Demotivators.

Patrick makes me lawl everytime he's on screen, which is something Jerid fails to do.

Jerid is not there to make you laugh. He's there so you can feel pity for him.

And think about it, Jerid lost

Kacricon, Mouar(his great love), Leila, gets punched by, like, everyone

. The guy stepped on a cross or some shit like that.

Kamille is even worse, when you look what the people he lost meant to him.

Shiro is one of the biggest examples of plot armor. Seriously, his Ball deflecting bullets? He would have also been DEAD if Norris Packard wasn't so merciful and gave him like two whole minutes to get his Gundam started back up.

Shiro is mostly known for his leader ship and tactics, but even then he's mediocre. Who do you turn for leadership and tactics? Gundam 00's Sergei. Now THERE'S a man that obsoletes Shiro in pretty much every single way imaginable.

The thing that makes Kamille more believable as a pilot is while he's an excellent pilot, he can't do everything by himself.

Unlike Amuro, who fought a war where no weapon could dent him until beams came along which by that point he was good enough to dodge them, Kamille was tagged along with pilots more skilled than he was. So while Kamille was taking on Jerid 1 vs 1, Char and the gang are likely the reasons some grunt didn't come up and one shot Kamille with a beam.

Even later on when he got the Zeta, Kamille had to be saved a few times. Even by Katz of all people. KATZ, the worst character ever in anime.

So while Kamille is a good pilot, he's no Amuro. He's no Ali. He's no Graham. That's probably for the better though.

Uso? He's definitely another Amuro, except far more childish, which is not necessarily a bad thing since it contributes a lot to his mind games and shenanigans that allow him to outwit even foes that he isn't able to take out. If there was anyone that really shown skill throughout a whole series, it's definitely Uso.

Seabook. Seabook is the biggest hax ever in the history of Gundam. The moment he climbed into the F91, he was already better than most characters in the entire Universal Century, unless I'm missing something and the Biosensor is just that effective in turning a pilot's thoughts into effective combat.

Katz might be the most hatable character in the anime, but ended up mating Sara.
Can you imagine that being the ultimate insult from Scirroco's perspective? Sara eventually choosing Katz over you has really gotta be the biggest "SCREW YOU!" possible, and everyone's already dead, so he can't even kill himself in frustration at this point.

Also,

Can you imagine that being the ultimate insult from Scirroco's perspective? Sara eventually choosing Katz over you has really gotta be the biggest "SCREW YOU!" possible, and everyone's already dead, so he can't even kill himself in frustration at this point.

Scirocco's a pimp, he also had Reccoa.

And Kamille was the strongest newtype, shame that his mind was already getting fucked up by itself.

Kamille being the strongest newtype doesn't necessarily mean he's the most skilled. It more or less means that he's better capable of connecting to other Newtypes, especially when it comes to calling upon aid of dead friends and taking advantage of Zeta's Biocomputer. This is not to say that he's not skilled, but compared to Amuro and Seabook?

Kamille being the strongest newtype doesn't necessarily mean he's the most skilled. It more or less means that he's better capable of connecting to other Newtypes, especially when it comes to calling upon aid of dead friends and taking advantage of Zeta's Biocomputer. This is not to say that he's not skilled, but compared to Amuro and Seabook?

I know, but I don't blame him for not being as good as a pilot as Seabook or Amuro. He had issues, way too many of them, before even the anime was starting.

Kamille actually dealt with his issues extremely well after a certain point. It was during his time on Earth he begins to mature through his relationship with Four, and as soon as he returns to space, he is no longer anywhere near as whiny as he was before. He still had emotional outbursts, but those usually wear off quickly for Kamille.

Notice how Kamille is telling Katz to stop doing things that Kamille himself was doing? That's pretty much the show telling us that Kamille actually matured.

Kamille actually dealt with his issues extremely well after a certain point. It was during his time on Earth he begins to mature through his relationship with Four, and as soon as he returns to space, he is no longer anywhere near as whiny as he was before. He still had emotional outbursts, but those usually wear off quickly for Kamille.

Notice how Kamille is telling Katz to stop doing things that Kamille himself was doing? That's pretty much the show telling us that Kamille actually matured.

Then, you know what happened.

Also opening his helmet while on space was a sign. He was whiny, he matured, but by the end of the show he was totally fucked up.

Did you see how Kamille got screwed up? He was 100% fine before Scirroco pulled his Newtype mindrape on Kamille. Kamille never would have gotten screwed up if Scirroco hadn't been able to do that.

Also opening his helmet while on space was a sign.
He did this to catch Emma's attention. She was the one screwed up in that particular scene before she realized what Kamille was doing to snap her out of it.

Did you see how Kamille got screwed up? He was 100% fine before Scirroco pulled his Newtype mindrape on Kamille. Kamille never would have gotten screwed up if Scirroco hadn't been able to do that.

I really don't think he was 100% when he fought Scirocco. And even if he was the previous shit he has been gone through only would screw his mind even more.