The GUNDAM!! Appreciation Topic

Why mess, just because there are 5 guys on fuckin demigod mechas that wipe out hundreds of enemy MS with a fart that almost don't get hit?

00 is quite similar on the formula, but it's actually good.

Treize is awesome.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gundam Wing is more realistic than SEED.

I'll let people think on that for a moment.

Gundam 00 did it right. They're basically UC Gundams that are extremely high performance. They were only invincible until beam weapons came into play.

Still it doesn't save GW much, it's one of the lowest in quality.

Gundam Wing: Gundam gets shot. They live, because the show repeatedly explains how awesome Gundanium alloy is.

Gundam SEED Destiny: Grunts have the accuracy of stormtroopers, both in MS and out, and the Impulse can just sit in a wave of enemies, never moving from his spot, and the only beam that even comes close to hitting him he blocks with a shield.

As ridiculous as it is, Gundam Wing is actually better explained. =/

Edited by FE3 Player

Gundam Wing: Gundam gets shot. They live, because the show repeatedly explains how awesome Gundanium alloy is.

Gundam SEED Destiny: Grunts have the accuracy of stormtroopers, both in MS and out, and the Impulse can just sit in a wave of enemies, never moving from his spot, and the only beam that even comes close to hitting him he blocks with a shield.

Gundam Wing still is not good. IMO, SEED(just Seed, no Destiny, no Stargazer) is better than Wing in the last part.

Edited by Skasha

At least Gundam Wing had a lot of its own ideas, and even though there was too much talk about Pacifism, eventually came to the conclusion that it is important to protect what you care for, even if it means fighting to do so.

I also heard that the director of Gundam Wing got fired halfway, which is likely why the quality of the series dropped halfway, before he finally came back to make Endless Waltz. Endless Waltz also had more realistic portrayal of the Gundams than the TV series did.

SEED came off with a really good start, had entertaining fights with a lot of finesse, but after Freedom is obtained, became a Gundam Wing clone (all of the bad aspects of Gundam Wing) after wards. SEED randomly regained its ground though with its most important scenes, and the re-introduction to Flay in the story really brought back Kira's character, if only temporarily.

I only watched the first 20 episodes of SEED Destiny and the final episode. I'm not watching the rest of the series.

Gundam Wing was definitely better than what I've seen of ZZ thus far. The first 10 or so episodes have been painful to watch. >_>

Do not worry, it gets WAY BETTER.

ZZ tried to have comedy, people complained, Victory Gundam was too depressing, people complained.

Tomino's movies are awesome, but his animes tend to drop in quality as they go on. Zeta's the only exception, and even there I think it dipped in quality for a while.

May I remind you that SEEDestiny is one of the worst anime of all time, let alone Gundam series? Really, it makes G-Saviour look like The Dark Knight.

It was also an Ideon clone.

Yoshiyuki Tomino, love him or hate him?

The guy can make you sad(V Gundam, Ideon, Dunbine, Z Gundam to a certain extent) and can make you happy(Xabungle, ZZ 1st Season, L-Gaim).

He's a freakin' genius, except for Brain Powered.

The guy can make you sad(V Gundam, Ideon, Dunbine, Z Gundam to a certain extent) and can make you happy(Xabungle, ZZ 1st Season, L-Gaim).

He's a freakin' genius, except for Brain Powered.

Where's Turn A Gundam in that happy list?

Also, am I the only person on the planet that actually enjoyed Brain Powered or what?

Where's Turn A Gundam in that happy list?

Also, am I the only person on the planet that actually enjoyed Brain Powered or what?

Didn't watched much Turn A. Only thing I know is that the MS in question has a gay ass move and it's fucking ugly.

Brain Powerd is not that bad, Tomino just ripped off Evangelion(which, btw is overrated much) at the wrong time.

Didn't watched much Turn A. Only thing I know is that the MS in question has a gay ass move and it's fucking ugly.

The Turn A's design really grows on you. Besides, it looks better animated than in the lineart. As for the "Gay Ass move", if you're referring to the Moonlight Butterfly, I'd have to remind you that it's literally the most powerful weapon in the Gundam Universe. Hell, it's one of the most powerful weapons in Sci-Fi in general.

Plus, Syd Mead, the mechanical designer for Star Trek, designed Turn A's original MS. That's why there's Grunt Units that are wierder than G Gundam Mobile Fighters in there.

seed was just not that good compared to other gundam series, and by that I mean the extremely very old ones

As I keep watching Seed, my hate for Kira just grow larger and larger and for the first time, I feel a little hate toward Lacus (wtf).

Seed is not good

Seed Des is truly sh*t

And about Turn A, it's quite good if you use to the design of the gundam.

The Turn A's design really grows on you. Besides, it looks better animated than in the lineart. As for the "Gay Ass move", if you're referring to the Moonlight Butterfly, I'd have to remind you that it's literally the most powerful weapon in the Gundam Universe. Hell, it's one of the most powerful weapons in Sci-Fi in general.

Plus, Syd Mead, the mechanical designer for Star Trek, designed Turn A's original MS. That's why there's Grunt Units that are wierder than G Gundam Mobile Fighters in there.

I know it's freaking powerful, I just don't like the name.

And Sci-Fi moves apply to Super Robot animes too, right?

So on the Sci-Fi Network, there's a new Gundam series. (Didn't catch the name however) Well, from what I saw,I think the background for the fights are due to a Holy War since some guy was talking about how he didn't believe in God and like he was attacking anyone who believe in God and such or something.

What is it?

So on the Sci-Fi Network, there's a new Gundam series. (Didn't catch the name however) Well, from what I saw,I think the background for the fights are due to a Holy War since some guy was talking about how he didn't believe in God and like he was attacking anyone who believe in God and such or something.

What is it?

That's Gundam 00. The main character used to be a child soldier for a terrorist group. The main plot of the series doesn't have much to do with that, though.