Lotsa help needed.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not start that argument, I made a statement, and you and I think "dray" started the argument. That is why I said end of story.

I stated that in capable hands the tornado is greater than thoron. Same person using the tome. Not in a general worth sense.

Leaf is a super nova.

I did not start that argument, I made a statement, and you and I think "dray" started the argument. That is why I said end of story.

I stated that in capable hands the tornado is greater than thoron. Same person using the tome. Not in a general worth sense.

Leaf is a super nova.

Your statement, however, is controversial because getting "capable hands" for Tornado is hard, while it always happens for Thoron (unless you don't promote Tinny or Arthur).

I apologise for not being clearer-

I was stating, not arguing that tornado is better-

If a unit, say tinny, has both thoron or tornado for some reason, tornado is better because of the 5 weight difference.

However, the fact that almost no one can use tornado besides Sety (who is using holsety) and leaf (not enough magic)

can use it without certain pairings, thoron is better.

I know that because of the above mentioned, thoron is better, but meant to say that tornado is better, not counting the convience.

I did not intend to start an argument, it was a statement.

I don't know much about this argument of yours, but wouldn't Leaf using a normal physical weapon do much more damage than with Tornado in general?

Edited by Shanan

Oh, my. This always freaking happens. I try to get help, and of course, people start to go ballistic on a debate. Alright, can we take this into another private post? This is strictly for my (and others') help on a decent FE4 walkthrogh. I don't want to discuss Thoron and Wind Sword and whatever else you guys were onto during the few posts.

Oh, my. This always freaking happens. I try to get help, and of course, people start to go ballistic on a debate. Alright, can we take this into another private post? This is strictly for my (and others') help on a decent FE4 walkthrogh. I don't want to discuss Thoron and Wind Sword and whatever else you guys were onto during the few posts.

Stop complaining. You haven't even asked for help in quite a while.

I wasn't trying to make it sound like a complaint, sorry about that, but I just REALLY don't like semi-relevant debates. Julius(probably got a new name) and Mekkah had a pretty nasty one some time back, with monster posts. And of course, I was biding my time, but it got too out of hand, and one post filled up literally three-quarters of a row.

Well... it's probably not even needed, but seeing how I'm going to ask a buncha questions anyways, I guess I could ask about Muhammad, the general in the beginning. I definately overpowered Oifey and Shannan way too much, (they're both level 20) and Tinny shows no means of killing anyone, which is pissing me off, a LOT. The squadron up top with the MageKnight Boss is getting taken on by Finn, who is walling the passageway to Lenster and let Leaf snipe with the LightSword. And of course, the setback on Muhammad is going to backtrack me a good three to four turns.

New people to recruit, right?

Faval, eh... Sety. Any words on how to recruit them swiftly and safely?

If Faval has the leg ring, he should out run ishtar and get to your team first. (patty)

If not, you are going to have to recruit him and on the same turn, turn around and snipe ishtar in one shot.

Use celice, nanna, and delmud for charisma and leadership.

Or you could run.

Ishtar can Ohko almost all of your units. With 20 skill bonuses, even shanan will have evasion trouble.

Aless, Shanan, and Faval are your best chances.

I think we went over this.

Sety starts as an npc, and can handle all by himself until you recruit him with celice.

SAVE THE CIVILIANS!

Muh can be taken with aless and promoted celce or shanan holding of with healers and magic backup.

Ov or something, the mage knight can be criticalled with fin if your are lucky.

By now, fin is starting to get outclasses though...also, he will not last long against the enemies.

Make sure to have

Leaf, aless, shanan, lacke, arthur, celice and so on getting EXP.

Sety won't appear on the map until you get ready to conquer Manster. When that happens, Manster becomes a neutral castle guarded by Sety. Basically, have Celice go and talk to him and he'll join you.

Actually, Chapter8!Ishtar isn't as much of a pain to deal with as her later incarnations

(Chapter10!Ishtar is accompanied by Julius who can ORKO all of your units, and Epilogue!Ishtar, where she's accompanied by overpowered units including the most annoying pegasus knights in the entire game)

. Aless, Shanan, and Faval if you have the two Charisma, the leadership, and the sibling bonuses (Yes, having Patty close at hand does in fact affect Faval's hit percentage). If Aless manages to score a critical with Mistholin, so much the better; Ishtar's defense is quite low, so Aless can take her out pretty easily like that.

And you'll want to save the Civilians from Manster since your units get a free level up for every civilian they save. So since Tinny seems to be having trouble killing stuff, leave the rescue of the civilians to her and try her out after all those free level ups.

If you want to level up Tinny, get her to low health in the arena, then use her Wrath + Elthunder to OHKO enemies (might need a Mag ring). Feeding civilians to underleveled units is a waste since it's 100 EXP either way, I'd rather feed them to high leveled units (though with Elite Ring buying + arena use, units that are over L20 by now will end up at L30 before the game ends anyway). I personally like giving civilians to Leaf, since his promotion improves him so much.

If you want to level up Tinny, get her to low health in the arena, then use her Wrath + Elthunder to OHKO enemies (might need a Mag ring). Feeding civilians to underleveled units is a waste since it's 100 EXP either way, I'd rather feed them to high leveled units (though with Elite Ring buying + arena use, units that are over L20 by now will end up at L30 before the game ends anyway). I personally like giving civilians to Leaf, since his promotion improves him so much.

Lower-levelled units will likely need the 100 EXP more, though, as they have a harder time trying to attack things. Sure, it's the same EXP no matter who gets it, but higher-levelled units can take care of everything ahead of them without running into too many problems. Also, the arena strategy wouldn't work particularly well since the EXP isn't cumulative on how many hits you dish out. At most, you'd probably get two and 9/10 levels if your character can't afford the Elite ring...

I never did notice them being too difficult. I think one of them suicided on Aless (who criticaled of course). I don't remember what happened to the other two.

Look at their skillset. Pursuit, Critical, Charge, Nihil. They have max speed. They like to triangle attack a lot. And they frequently critical even without the delta formation. I sent 38-39 Defense Altenna against them and it was still really hard. They only do 1 damage to her normally but they critical a lot. And with Earth Sword, each time they critical, they heal up.

For me, they were just way too annoying.

Look at their skillset. Pursuit, Critical, Charge, Nihil. They have max speed. They like to triangle attack a lot. And they frequently critical even without the delta formation. I sent 38-39 Defense Altenna against them and it was still really hard. They only do 1 damage to her normally but they critical a lot. And with Earth Sword, each time they critical, they heal up.

For me, they were just way too annoying.

Oh right, you were caught by surprise and didn't have a Holsety user. They frequently suicide against Holsety!Sety and Lakche in my playthroughs (evasion is generally better than defense in FE4).

But yeah, they can be very annoying.

Oh right, you were caught by surprise and didn't have a Holsety user. They frequently suicide against Holsety!Sety and Lakche in my playthroughs (evasion is generally better than defense in FE4).

But yeah, they can be very annoying.

Why is it that every boss which I think is hard in FE4 is vulnerable to Holsety? Is FE4 supposed to be THAT easy?

btw In my opinion, evasion is better that defense in every FE game. That's why I usually hate slowpokes like ArmorKnights/Generals.

Why is it that every boss which I think is hard in FE4 is vulnerable to Holsety? Is FE4 supposed to be THAT easy?

btw In my opinion, evasion is better that defense in every FE game. That's why I usually hate slowpokes like ArmorKnights/Generals.

Because Holsety is that broken. Think Balmung, but with 1-2 range.

I never did notice them being too difficult. I think one of them suicided on Aless (who criticaled of course). I don't remember what happened to the other two.

I remember them for killing Lana and being impossible to hit even with added Charisma and Leadership...

You'll have to change that opinion with FESD. Personally, I prefer knowing that my character is going to take a small amount of damage x number of times than knowing my character has a chance of taking lots of damage.

You'll have to change that opinion with FESD. Personally, I prefer knowing that my character is going to take a small amount of damage x number of times than knowing my character has a chance of taking lots of damage.

I have never played FESD, but if the first half of mystery is anything to go by, dodging is not to frequent, even with the speedy mercenaries.

Not Personal Experience, but the general hit chances for most units were usually 70 or above.

In that case, it would certainly be better to have defense.

Someone with 12 defense or so by chapter 8 is basically invurnerable to most unpromoted enemies, but at that same time, a well trained na(barl) has only a slightly better evasion lead.

I would go with the def.

But-

in the other games, that may not apply.

I have never played FESD, but if the first half of mystery is anything to go by, dodging is not to frequent, even with the speedy mercenaries.

Not Personal Experience, but the general hit chances for most units were usually 70 or above.

In that case, it would certainly be better to have defense.

Someone with 12 defense or so by chapter 8 is basically invurnerable to most unpromoted enemies, but at that same time, a well trained na(barl) has only a slightly better evasion lead.

I would go with the def.

But-

in the other games, that may not apply.

I'd think dodging might be more freqent in Mystery, becuase of the whoe 1 RN thing. FEDS does use a 2 RN system, right?