Lotsa help needed.

Carrion isn't the only paladin. There's Nanna and Amalda/Conomore. And I agree with Robert being awesome. Mine maxed speed even before level 20 unpromoted. Fergus is awesome even without the Beo Sword. I never promoted Karin since she already maxes out speed as a rider. No point boosting the other stats if you're not using her for combat.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody can be good with scrolls.

I prefer to abuse other characters, thank you very much. Bows aren't important at all in FE5 after all. You can cover them with Wind.

Wind tomes come late.

There are three magicians in 11x with Wind tomes and Wind tomes are also sold in Ch 12 and Ch 21 and probably in other chapters which I didn't notice.

Anyway, in my opinion, Robert isn't the best bow-user. He's good but not the best. And his bow level climbs at a snail's pace. No, the best isn't Tanya either. It's obviously not the horrible Ronan. The best bow-user imo is none other than...

XAVIER!!! What, you thought I was gonna say Selfina? No, way. She's terrible. Xavier, on the other hand, has an A in Bow Rank, one leadership star, Charge skill, Great Shield skill, Wrath skill, and mega-high defense. He's a pain to recruit (and not really worth it) but he won't disappoint your needs of a bow-user. Plus, he doesn't waste any Knight's Crest. I gave him my Brave Bow.

Xavier SKL sure make up for it. It's terrible, and at that point you should have AT LEAST 1 bow user at a good level.

Robert is in the same level in quality as Tanya, but again, he's underleveled with a bunch of units rushing at him, two other underleveled(good units though) units and Selfina(bad)

Xavier SKL sure make up for it. It's terrible, and at that point you should have AT LEAST 1 bow user at a good level.

Robert is in the same level in quality as Tanya, but again, he's underleveled with a bunch of units rushing at him, two other underleveled(good units though) units and Selfina(bad)

Robert's main issue - even for an abuser - is his abysmal bow rank.

Robert gets good exp from those weak soldiers that rush at him. I let him sit on the forest and let him shoot the soldiers. I was doing Elite mode though so it'll be harder training him on Normal mode. Robert's horse also makes him quite good. When my Robert was level 19 unpromoted, he already maxed out speed and nearly maxed out a few other stats (Skill and Luck I think). This shows how good he is.

Robert gets good exp from those weak soldiers that rush at him. I let him sit on the forest and let him shoot the soldiers. I was doing Elite mode though so it'll be harder training him on Normal mode. Robert's horse also makes him quite good.

Robert won't be doing shit against the armors, and he can be in deep shit if he is surrounded. The lack of vulneraries is also a bad thing.

But if you must use bows, use Ronan.

Is that sarcasm?

Carrion is the only non troubador unpremoted paladin I mean.

Robert won't be doing shit against the armors, and he can be in deep shit if he is surrounded. The lack of vulneraries is also a bad thing.

Along with most other units. Tania with 3 base str is an exception?

You train him against soldiers and and the wyverns on that level. Mages and bishops as well.

Once his is trained, he will be dodging everything with maxed luck and speed.

Compare-

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=roberto&game=5 (robert)

to

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=tanya&game=5 (tania) (and you are saying robert is not doing any damage)

to

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=ronan&game=5 (ronan) if only you could class change him to mage. He could cap

magic!

Xavier- http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=xavier&game=5

No way is he the best. He is nearly impossible to get, and has terrible stats compared to Robert.

Not my fault you have him surrounded. Tania will be in deeper trouble when surrounded as she can be captured and has less defense.

I do not understand why Robert cannot be the best bow unit.

The bow levels are not really a problem, by level 12 or so, he can use steel.

training is not a big deal are you are making it.

In elite, there is no argument, killing off bishops and soilders and ballistas will get him promoted soon.

In normal mode- it will be more difficult, but in reality giving him a few kills is not a problem.

Edited by Asvel

Xavier may have worse stats than Robert but he has a better skillset. But maybe Robert is the better bow user. Xavier should be left with Master Axe. Robert doesn't need an A in Bow since the best bow imo is the Brave Bow which is B rank. Plus, he has a horse.

Xavier may have worse stats than Robert but he has a better skillset. But maybe Robert is the better bow user. Xavier should be left with Master Axe. Robert doesn't need an A in Bow since the best bow imo is the Brave Bow which is B rank. Plus, he has a horse.

Exactly. Robert runs circles around Xavier.

Xavier can get the doubles he could not normally get with master axe, so is best with axe not bow.

Robert, with the promotion bonus, can get a B rank shortly after promotion.

Exactly. Robert runs circles around Xavier.

Xavier can get the doubles he could not normally get with master axe, so is best with axe not bow.

Robert, with the promotion bonus, can get a B rank shortly after promotion.

Discussions about bow rank always makes me wonder why on earth they made Master Bow A rank when it is inferior to Brave Bow in every way.

Xavier could utilize Wrath better if he had 1-2 range so bows really don't go that well with him.

Robert's only problem is his low starting level (lv 1 on Ch 9). But if you can train him, he's good. Not that spectacular like Othin or Shiva but still the best bow user there is.

Bows can't have 1-2 range. If they wanted to expand the range, they'd make a bow with 2-3 range. But unfortunately, I don't think they got that idea until FE6 (Longbow). Otherwise, it could have redeemed Master Bow.

Sorry, I wouldn't know anything about those. I never officially started FE10. Are they like 2-3 range like Longbow or 3-10 range like ballistae?

They're 1-2 range and have fixed attack power.

Robert's main issue - even for an abuser - is his abysmal bow rank.

Isn't that partly because there's Snipers in the arena even when he's unpromoted? Also E rank.

Anyway, have at least Shiva, Othin, Halva, Carrion, Fergus, Brighton, Asvel, Homer, Dean and a bunch of staff users. All three thieves are also recommended. Rivis steals early shit, Pahn fights rather well and Lara can become a dancer.

Edited by Arion