Draco knight to falco knight?

BlackRose

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even better for Haar then. Such a monster that he doesn't need a skill that nullifies his mortal weakness.

Not if you properly deploy him, no. I thought Fire Emblem was about strategy see, so I try to cover all bases especially on P2 Endgame when Archers are a greater threat especially to Elincia and Marcia.

My bad, I guess I should just use Haar next time and forget about trying to create a perfect team for the P4 Endgame.

...Proving?

You aren't going to have anybody promoted by the time Axe users fuck off. The first seal isn't even until C10.

Aren't Elysian Whips bought from the online store? I'm glad you picked up on that.

Also, you can forge Might into Swords just like you can forge Accuracy into Axes.

Except doing either is a pointless waste of funds.

Know why axes win? Most enemies on the map are now 10% more inaccurate. Catria can actually dodge from time to time, making her even more of a durability beast.

Aren't Elysian Whips bought from the online store?

Okay, so what? You're still not going to have anybody promoted before axe users die.

Edited by MightyZagaro

Repeating my post from earlier...

Only two chapters call for Res. One is easily done with Pegasus Knights (unpromoted), and the other is easily done with Paladins, a class that completely obsoletes the Falcoknight.

Dracoknights have far higher base stats than both. They have the most significant gain for promotion, making your units much more useful immediately.

An extra 2 speed on stat caps isn't going to do much. Your Dracoknights are still going to be faster than most of your army thanks to the characters that are using the class.

Axes > Swords. It'll take some work to get a B and C in Axes, but it's a far, far better investment than raising an E in Swords. WTA, the fact that Pegasus Knights promoted into Dracoknights tend to have incredible skill, and the fact the game uses 2 RNs will completely nullify inaccuracy problems, not to mention you get to use the *Hand Axe*. Swords don't have a decent 1-2 weapon (Levin Sword is terrible).

The only Pegasus character that promote early is Sheeda, but why use Falcoknights? Paladin is completely obsoleting the class and Sheeda has so much speed growth that she'll go from capping speed to capping speed, and quite possibly actually gaining some Str and Def she needs.

Edited by FE3 Player

1. No1 counts the arena because abusing can make many units incredibly overpowered and a person beating the game with Arena abused characters isn't showing much skill.

2. Maybe in the higher difficulties not the NM arenas. I don't use Arenas other than that time I made my wifi team. No1 needs it, H5 is perfectly doable without the arena.

3. Except you didn't mention merciless when I replied, you edited that in a little late. Anyway, earlier I commented on how FK is hardly doubling anything that FK is. During the lategame, if you're looking to double enemies, you should change into SwordMaster and Snipers. FK's 25 SPD cap is hardly (if any) making a difference on their doubling capabilities.

4. Um, if Arena Abusing isn't easy in the higher difficulties, then why would I was my time with it when I can beat H5 without them just fine? In NM, arenas are too easy to abuse.

5. Hardly, any1 who looks at the data will see that my statement is correct (Beowulf for example). Paladin has the better STR and DEF growth of Class Set A (even if it's just a small gap), the pegs will need those growths more since they've already got high speed. As for why DK > Paladin base stats? When you switch from Paladin to DK you're getting the following:

-2 HP

+1 STR

+2 DEF

-3 RES

Flight

+2 DEF more than makes up for the HP less. -3 RES doesn't make much of a difference (3 damage from magic and magic attacks are rare compared to physical). Flight is overall >>>>>>>>> cavalier mobility (or do you disagree?) only drawback is they take heavy damage from bows but this isn't much against them since common sense would suggest that keeping your DK out of a bow's range is easily doable and doesn't require much thinking.

1, Strange, I find using the Arenas difficult on Merciless.

2, Arenas exist to be used, otherwise they wouldn't put them in the game. That's like saying "NO! Don't use grenades because this game is perfectly doable with a Pistol!".

3, Except, like I said, you replied WAY too fast like you were waiting on this thread and I have to use the Wii Browser. Maybe you shouldn't just wait around hoping for someone to post, because it's all too much of a coincidence to be a random event.

4, See point 2 again.

5, And you could keep FKs out of harm's way as well with a bit of common sense, but isn't this a FK Vs DK argument? I'm getting confused when people counter the FK with a Paladin then attempt to override the Paladin with a DK.

I've already said that I prefer Paladins to both of them, so that's irrelevant.

Swarm Bishops target the character they can inflict the most damage on, so a DK is high up on the list. Unless a DK's Def cancels out all Physical Attacks altogether, a Swarm hit or 2 could put them in danger. A Falcoknight has no need to worry about that and they'll rarely even be a target.

DK's can't break the enemy lines when Arrowspates are around or when there are Swarm users around, so in a good few chapters you have to hold them back until most of the fighting is over.

Paladins have none of those drawbacks, and what good is flying going to do if you can't move into the battle, eh?

At least Falcoknights can participate in more Chapters from the start, unlike DKs who spend a lot of time waiting for other units to whack a Swarm user. And don't say Iote's Shield because it comes too late to be of any significant use and you can use it on FKs as well.

Edited by Ephidel

At least Falcoknights can participate in more Chapters from the start, unlike DKs who spend a lot of time waiting for other units to whack a Swarm user

lolno?

Dracos are still going after it. It's three res.

...Three....res. 3 more damage?! OH NOES! KEEP TEH DK AWAY FROM MAGIK LOLZ! CATRIA! GET TO THE CHOPPAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Edited by MightyZagaro

Except doing either is a pointless waste of funds.

Know why axes win? Most enemies on the map are now 10% more inaccurate. Catria can actually dodge from time to time, making her even more of a durability beast.

Okay, so what? You're still not going to have anybody promoted before axe users die.

Ummmm.... No.

Boss abuse + Arenas + Shiida = Falcoknight as early as Chapter 3 or 4.

lolno?

Dracos are still going after it. It's three res.

...Three....res. 3 more damage?! OH NOES! KEEP TEH DK AWAY FROM MAGIK LOLZ! CATRIA! GET TO THE CHOPPAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Stat Growths mean YOU FAIL!

More like 10 Res difference.

Only two chapters call for Res. One is easily done with Pegasus Knights (unpromoted), and the other is easily done with Paladins, a class that completely obsoletes the Falcoknight.

Dracoknights have far higher base stats than both. They have the most significant gain for promotion, making your units much more useful immediately.

An extra 2 speed on stat caps isn't going to do much. Your Dracoknights are still going to be faster than most of your army thanks to the characters that are using the class.

Axes > Swords. It'll take some work to get a B and C in Axes, but it's a far, far better investment than raising an E in Swords. WTA, the fact that Pegasus Knights promoted into Dracoknights tend to have incredible skill, and the fact the game uses 2 RNs will completely nullify inaccuracy problems, not to mention you get to use the *Hand Axe*. Swords don't have a decent 1-2 weapon (Levin Sword is terrible).

The only Pegasus character that promote early is Sheeda, but why use Falcoknights? Paladin is completely obsoleting the class and Sheeda has so much speed growth that she'll go from capping speed to capping speed, and quite possibly actually gaining some Str and Def she needs. In fact, why promote Sheeda early at all? An early promoted Cavalier is going to win this one, AND then become a Dracoknight after the Axes are gone.

The only Pegasus character that promote early is Sheeda, but why use Falcoknights? Paladin is completely obsoleting the class and Sheeda has so much speed growth that she'll go from capping speed to capping speed, and quite possibly actually gaining some Str and Def she needs. In fact, why promote Sheeda early at all? An early promoted Cavalier is going to win this one, AND then become a Dracoknight after the Axes are gone.

I think I'll wait for Levin, mate.

I'm covering a lot of your argument there.

The Hand Axe point is a good one though. Levin Swords do indeed suck mucho ass.

Edited by Ephidel

Eff it. This man is hopeless. He's apparantly a power whore [We do this shit on his lame ass forums and we'd be banned by now], he takes ridiclious amounts of favoritism and arena abuse into account [shiida at lvl 20 in C4?! LMFAO!!!] and on top of all that he's one of those people who don't think cavemen and dinosaurs ever existed, and is probably one of the bad christians who takes the entire bible to heart, including the hateful, prejudical parts of it.

I PITY this fool. Not even Mr. T has ever pitied a foo as big as you, good sir.

Eff it. This man is hopeless. He's apparantly a power whore [We do this shit on his lame ass forums and we'd be banned by now], he takes ridiclious amounts of favoritism and arena abuse into account [shiida at lvl 20 in C4?! LMFAO!!!] and on top of all that he's one of those people who don't think cavemen and dinosaurs ever existed, and is probably one of the bad christians who takes the entire bible to heart, including the hateful, prejudical parts of it.

I PITY this fool. Not even Mr. T has ever pitied a foo as big as you, good sir.

Sorry, I don't have tunnel vision so I tend to disagree with you. Besides, at least I don't have my face shoved up my own colonic tract.

I might have to stone you now for insulting my beliefs.

Besides, at least I don't have my face shoved up my own colonic tract.

You are every possible fail in the universe, and I'M the one with my face in my ass?

I might have to stone you now for insulting my beliefs.

Belive what you want, but cavemen and dinousaurs were here. Unless you think those bones came out of nowhere.

You are every possible fail in the universe, and I'M the one with my face in my ass?

Belive what you want, but cavemen and dinousaurs were here. Unless you think those bones came out of nowhere.

Learn to spell so I can take you seriously.

Who said Cavemen and Dinosaurs didn't exist anyway? They don't exactly prove evolution at all.

Your face = my ass.

Kiss it, you know you want to.

Who said Cavemen and Dinosaurs didn't exist anyway?

Anybody who thinks the world is 4,000 years old.

Kiss it, you know you want to.

Goddess no. I might catch failureitis.

1, Strange, I find using the Arenas difficult on Merciless.
Levin's point still stands. If you manage to arena abuse and get an overleveled character, then nobody cares that you beat the game.
2, Arenas exist to be used, otherwise they wouldn't put them in the game. That's like saying "NO! Don't use grenades because this game is perfectly doable with a Pistol!".
Arenas exist to be used, yes, but this is not how units are judged in quality. The quality of units are based on playing the game efficiently and not screwing around.
3, Except, like I said, you replied WAY too fast like you were waiting on this thread and I have to use the Wii Browser. Maybe you shouldn't just wait around hoping for someone to post, because it's all too much of a coincidence to be a random event.
Get over it. This whole thing happened too long ago.
5, And you could keep FKs out of harm's way as well with a bit of common sense, but isn't this a FK Vs DK argument? I'm getting confused when people counter the FK with a Paladin then attempt to override the Paladin with a DK.
Paladin obsoleting FK is an argument against FK, because once you promote into Falcoknight, you no longer have access to Dracoknight, but if you promote to Dracoknight, you still have access to Paladin if you so wish, and both Paladin and Dracoknight are better than Falcoknight in their own ways.

Basically, by promoting to Dracoknight, you are not giving up the advantages the Falcoknight has that the Paladin covers.

I've already said that I prefer Paladins to both of them, so that's irrelevant.
Alright. I prefer Paladins too, but we're trying to debate facts here as to which class is better for an efficient playthrough of the game, not what class we like the best.
At least Falcoknights can participate in more Chapters from the start, unlike DKs who spend a lot of time waiting for other units to whack a Swarm user. And don't say Iote's Shield because it comes too late to be of any significant use and you can use it on FKs as well.
If you're going to use favortism to get Falcoknights in the first several chapters in the game, then this can also be applied to the Cavaliers or using a Master Seal on Shiida to earn you a Dracoknight/Paladin instead. Paladin for the chapters with pirates, Dracoknight to pwn the rest of the game.

and is probably one of the bad christians who takes the entire bible to heart, including the hateful, prejudical parts of it.
Do you really have to bring Christians into this? I'm a Christian myself, and I take offense to this slandering.

Anybody who thinks the world is 4,000 years old.

Goddess no. I might catch failureitis.

Cavemen and Dinosaurs could still have existed within 4000 years, it's just extremely unlikely.

And who's the one who can't spell again?

LOLFAIL!

Notice the presence of the word "bad".

As in, one who thinks all homos should die, anybody who doesn't believe what they believe goes to hell, and all that. Of course not all of them are like that, but some of them are. Guys like that would fall into the "bad" sterotype. Example: Fred Phelps.

I know some Christians a lot more tolerant than that, THOSE people I like. Those would be in the "good" sterotype. Example: Fred Rogers.The hateful ones I just want to sock in the mouth.

Unless you are somebody who shoots gays and say "God told me to do that" hang around people's houses with a "DEATH TO THE NONBELIVERS" sign, not one single word of that statement applied to you.

Asspiece here on the other hand...

Edited by MightyZagaro