[Solved] Melty Blood fails to run correctly whilst MB Caster is running

Wist

Melty Blood Act Cadena Ver. B runs without issue when I load up a normal session of the game. I set up a PlayStation 3 controller with JoyToKeys so that the buttons correspond to the keys pressed to issue commands in the game (Cross corresponds to Z (A button in Melty Blood), Circle corresponds to X (B button in Melty Blood), etc.), and play the game with the controller.

The problem I've run into is that Melty Blood does not respond to any key presses whilst running through MBCaster. If I press 9 to go into MBCaster's debug mode (or I try to play a game with someone, I am able to connect to others without difficulty), the game sits at the main title screen indefinitely. It responds only to "esc," which exits the game, and "/", which toggles whether or not the window stays above other windows. I have tried setting the input controls in config_caster.ini to 255 but the game still refuses to recognize any commands from the keyboard (or the PS3 controller).

Melty Blood is updated to version 1.03a. I'm running MBCaster version 080813 (protocol version 2). I do not have the English patch installed. mbcaster.exe, info.ini, and config_caster.ini are all in the same file in which the Melty Blood executable can be found (and is installed to). I am running Windows XP. If this is at all relevant, a normal session of Melty Blood does not recognize any input when I go into Pad1's Pad Config (I made sure that English was the language in which to type). This hasn't proved problematic in single player because my controller is configured to keys on the keyboard. I know my controller is working because Touhou responds to it as a normal controller, and I can type the Melty Blood command keys in Notepad whilst running JoyToKey; but again, Melty Blood doesn't respond to any keyboard input at all whilst running through MBCaster.

Can anyone suggest any potential solutions to this problem? I can't search Melty Bread for solutions because the website is currently experiencing technical difficulties. I've exhausted all the avenues that my limited experience permits me to experiment with. MaSu and Nightmare have already tried their hand at assisting me, but to no avail. I appreciate any help or advice anyone is able to offer.

Edit (2009.01.26) 1:

The Melty Bread website is back up but I've yet to find anything which hints at a problem such as this.

Edit (2009.01.26) 2:

Well, that was bloody annoying. There was a problem with the fact that Melty Blood can only recognize buttons of certain low values. By setting the A button to R2 on my controller (I had neglected to try the shoulder buttons when playing with the Pad Config input), Melty Blood stopped getting held up at the title screen. It doesn't matter what any of the other key settings are as long as the game can get to the character select screen, I can now play normally through my controller and JoyToKeys. That was... not quite a transparent solution....

Edited by Wist