• Street Fighter
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Samurai Shodown
    • Killer Instinct
    • Smash Bros.
    • Melty Blood
    • King of Fighters
    • Other (explain yourself)

You mean Alpha 3? Alpha 3 is pretty popular.

The beautiful thing about Hyper Fighting/Super Turbo though, is that it's actually not too technical of a game other than learning how to reversal. SF2 is about strategy and knowing your character and his tricks well. Heck, you don't even have to rely on long strings of combos to win, because most moves do good damage on their own individually, rewarding good strategy just as much as high risk.

Edited by Chainey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Alpha 3? Alpha 3 is pretty popular.

The beautiful thing about Hyper Fighting/Super Turbo though, is that it's actually not too technical of a game other than learning how to reversal. SF2 is about strategy and knowing your character and his tricks well. Heck, you don't even have to rely on long strings of combos to win, because most moves do good damage on their own individually, rewarding good strategy just as much as high risk.

Alpha 3 is good but it's worse than SF2, IMO.

The collection one, with various versions of the characters, was AWESOME.

Even Balrog(Boxer) would be REALLY awesome, I never imagined that.

Don't forget the epic music it had too.

As for guilty gear, there ARE tons of layers to it, but it's still fun casually underneath it and plays just like any other fighter game then. Just not as insane as the competitive stuff. Seriously, I think they have to be on crack to manage playing that game like that.

Don't forget the epic music it had too.

As for guilty gear, there ARE tons of layers to it, but it's still fun casually underneath it and plays just like any other fighter game then. Just not as insane as the competitive stuff. Seriously, I think they have to be on crack to manage playing that game like that.

Oh yeah, 16-bit Mighty Wings *drools*

Guilty Gear is very good, but the DS one suck MAJORLY.

Another quite good fighting series is Art of Fighting, the third installment was specially good.

Oh yeah, 16-bit Mighty Wings *drools*

Guilty Gear is very good, but the DS one suck MAJORLY.

Another quite good fighting series is Art of Fighting, the third installment was specially good.

Mighty Wings, Mighty Wings...Which one was that again? I was more a fan of Super Turbo's Blood on the pavement (Ken's Theme), and whatever the hell Zangief's theme was called...and M. Bison's...and Fei Long's...and Cammys...and E. Honda's...Super Turbo had an awesome soundtrack XD

Art of Fighting....Isn't that a spin-off of the Fatal Fury storyline?

Yes, Guilty Gear is quite good. Faust and Johnny rule you.

Mighty Wings, Mighty Wings...Which one was that again? I was more a fan of Super Turbo's Blood on the pavement (Ken's Theme), and whatever the hell Zangief's theme was called...and M. Bison's...and Fei Long's...and Cammys...and E. Honda's...Super Turbo had an awesome soundtrack XD

Art of Fighting....Isn't that a spin-off of the Fatal Fury storyline?

Yes, Guilty Gear is quite good. Faust and Johnny rule you.

Mighty Wings is from Top Gun, y'know, the movie. SF2 ripped it off with Ken's Theme.

Art of Fighting is several years before Fatal Fury.

I prefer Sol and Slayer myself.

Alpha 3 is good but it's worse than SF2, IMO.
I personally like Alpha 2 better than both, but ST definitely has amazing competitive staying power.
Even Balrog(Boxer) would be REALLY awesome, I never imagined that.
Balrog is Top Tier in Super Turbo, because he's just that good at getting in close and making sure you never live. Top Tier for all the right reasons.

Balrog is Top Tier in Super Turbo, because he's just that good at getting in close and making sure you never live. Top Tier for all the right reasons.

You know Daigo, the guy that was famous for the Ken x Chun-Li parries, right?

He kicks more ass with his Boxer.

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XEO275-GA

Exactly. Super Turbo seems to be Daigo's best game. He is also synominous with Ryu as the character he usually plays as.

Yeah, I saw one vid with him against AfroLegends, using Ryu.

IT.WAS.AWESOME

This one:

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wdoe2qFqo

Mighty Wings is from Top Gun, y'know, the movie. SF2 ripped it off with Ken's Theme.

Art of Fighting is several years before Fatal Fury.

I prefer Sol and Slayer myself.

Oh! Didn't know that XD Yeah, it's awesome.

Ahhh, prequel. K then. Never played it, but at least I know what it is.

Sol and Slayer!? *eyes narrow, dramatic music plays* You are like my rival...and he killed my pet wombat...You walk the path of evil!

Oh! Didn't know that XD Yeah, it's awesome.

Ahhh, prequel. K then. Never played it, but at least I know what it is.

Sol and Slayer!? *eyes narrow, dramatic music plays* You are like my rival...and he killed my pet wombat...You walk the path of evil!

It's more than awesome, it's epic.

But in the KOF series, there is a a tie paradox, seeing as AoF is like 18 years before Fatal Fury, and the characters are in the same age.

I used to play Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat like they were going out of style when I was just a kid. I haven't played either for quite a while. None of the other games on the list interest me. For others, I used to be a big fan of Tekken and Soul Calibur, but not so much any more. I used to play Marvel vs. Capcom 2 quite a bit even though I suck at it, but it's been a long time.

Fighters just don't appeal to me anymore. =\

I CAN'T consider SSB as a serious fighting game, sorry.

I might as well ask. Is it the characters, how it's played, the developer intention thing or something like the overall feel?

Smash Brothers, by far. Soul Calibur comes in a close second.

lolwut

I see a lot of people saying that they have trouble considering SSB a fighting game. I can understand not considering Brawl a fighting game, since it's more of a "DON'T FALL OFF THE LEDGE I'M THROWING MY POKEBALLS AT YOU LOL KEEP UP WITH RUMBLE FALLS" type of game, but Melee and 64 are srs business.

Smash Bros, although it's never been good. The physics were terrible enough to make the game unplayable to anyone who would like to use their brain at least once a match, and right when it gets the best physics of any fighting game, it gets horrible tier-centered, glitch-abusing metagames.