DJ Max Fever

Wist

DJ Max Portable is a series of Korean music games on the PSP (ported from a now defunct on-line PC game), in a similar vein as Beatmania and Elite Beat Agents, and I suppose Guitar Hero and Rock Band. The DJ Max series has a very good spectrum of easy to difficult music, it has a four button mode, a five button mode, a six button mode, and an eight button mode. I have DJ Max Portable 1 and 2 and I've found them both really challenging and fun to play. DJ Max Fever is a North American (and I think European) release with songs from the first two games; I am here to promote it. I think it uses the engine from DJ Max Black Square (which I don't have), but I can't imagine it's much different from teh videos I've linked to.

If you enjoy rhythm games, or the idea of playing one sounds fun, I recommend you look into buying instead of pirating this game.

's a video of someone playing a song from DJ Max Portable 1 (the video is labeled incorrectly) on 8 button mode. That song isn't confirmed for DJ Max Fever, but the normal version of Oblivion is.
's a video of someone playing a song on 6 button mode.
6 button song.
. A number of songs are available in multiple button modes and or difficulty levels.

I have a demo of DJ Max Portable 2 for half of a 5 button mode song. If you're not used to it, the demo's pretty difficult, but a few hours of playing with various songs in the real game can really help your performance. To play the demo, put this file (which I uploaded myself) in the folder "PSP\GAME\ULKS46116" on your memory card. It will show up below in one of the menus in the Game tab on the main PSP screen.

Because I want at least one person to buy the game, I offer promotional art for DJ Max Portable 2 as inspiration.

436961387_8fbd21a91f.jpg

I've also linked to some song art from the old PC game. I hope this inspires you.

Image 1 | Image 2 | Image 3

(Not all of the art is cutesy like this, I'm just considering the target audience of this thread).

If nobody responds to this thread, then there will be one casualty a day until someone provides evidence of having bought the game.

Edited by Wist