Personal experience means nothing!

Father Wood

Question about PEMN:

Say that your character is merely average (or even kind of RNG screwed) and has received no preferential treatment. If you bring up an argument saying, "x character can be used to great effect performing y action in this chapter, I know because I've done so and it worked," how valid would that be?

Not sure. It may depend o the action.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about PEMN:

Say that your character is merely average (or even kind of RNG screwed) and has received no preferential treatment. If you bring up an argument saying, "x character can be used to great effect performing y action in this chapter, I know because I've done so and it worked," how valid would that be?

Like, let's see, in Fe5:"Marty can be used to great effect capturing and rescuing in this chapter, I know because I've done so and it worked well"?

This kind of things?

Hm, I thought this was what it meant.

On the whole debating thing, it would probably drive me nuts if I were to do one, but I do like debating in real life, not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm trying to dodge flames because I used to do that in Gamefaqs.

Although when it comes down to it, who cares if people debate or not? If you're not reading them or not participating in them it doesn't affect you so why care?

Hm, I thought this was what it meant.

On the whole debating thing, it would probably drive me nuts if I were to do one, but I do like debating in real life, not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm trying to dodge flames because I used to do that in Gamefaqs.

Although when it comes down to it, who cares if people debate or not? If you're not reading them or not participating in them it doesn't affect you so why care?

Sometimes, debates happen in general threads.

He can be though. If, of course, you mean having him be a pack mule.

He has high growths in BLD and ATK, two of the most important things in a capturer/rescuer.

He has high growths in BLD and ATK, two of the most important things in a capturer/rescuer.

And no skill at all, the most important stat for actually hitting enemies in order to capture them. >_>

And no skill at all, the most important stat for actually hitting enemies in order to capture them. >_>

And that is when personal experience comes to mind.

No offence, but I think PEMN kinda stupid. Sure PE doesn't count in debates, but averages don't mean that much either (when playing) since RNG will make many things different. I mean, averages are what is likely to happen and PE is what just did happen. And unless it's something like Lucius with capped defence, it means more for me than averages.

No offence, but I think PEMN kinda stupid. Sure PE doesn't count in debates, but averages don't mean that much either (when playing) since RNG will make many things different. I mean, averages are what is likely to happen and PE is what just did happen. And unless it's something like Lucius with capped defence, it means more for me than averages.

1. Most of the time there is no proof of this PE.

2. hektr sux bc he only gaind 3 pts of str frm lvls 1/-- to 20/20 in mai pt lololoolol 

2. hektr sux bc he only gaind 3 pts of str frm lvls 1/-- to 20/20 in mai pt lololoolol 

Strawmen? In my internet board?

1. What? Proof? Why should I proof it? I just said it that my personal experience meant more to me when I choose my characters. Sorry if this wasn't clear enough. And said that it doesn't count in tier lists/debates and all this stuff, but tier lists are inaccurate because the averages aren't guaranteed to happen.

And unless it's something like Lucius with capped defence

Examples of things that can happen when personal experience is accounted for? On my internet board?
And unless it's something like Lucius with capped defence, it means more for me than averages.

Hector with base strength is pretty much like Lucius with capped defense in terms of likelihood, if you ask me.

I've noticed that, as of late, averages have kind of become a religion, with FEA as a bible. It's freaky.

Question about PEMN:

I'd be inclined to say entirely valid.

Dayum, now I remebered, there was a topic called "Post your Roys here, fellas"

That would be the proof to one of the personal experiences...

Hector with base strength is pretty much like Lucius with capped defense in terms of likelihood, if you ask me.

... wasn't that exactly what I wrote? >_>

To make things clear: I said PE sucks if Hector has base strength on 20/20 and if Lucius has capped defence. That'd be ridiculous. But it doesn't if it's not super-unlikely, and if XY's average speed on lv X is 20 and it has always been like 23 for me, I just take my personal experience when I choose my characters.

... wasn't that exactly what I wrote? >_>

To make things clear: I said PE sucks if Hector has base strength on 20/20 and if Lucius has capped defence. That'd be ridiculous. But it doesn't if it's not super-unlikely, and if XY's average speed on lv X is 20 and it has always been like 23 for me, I just take my personal experience when I choose my characters.

... I was agreeing with you. >_>

I think the heart of the PEMN idea is that there is no accounting for tastes. People can argue themselves blue in the face about which flavor of ice cream tastes better, but nobody else would listen to, read, or be even remotely interested in that argument because everybody has his own preference, and no argument can sway that preference.

Personal experience counts for SOMETHING.

In theory, averages, and favortism arguments make sense, but in real playthoughs for something calles fun it is ok to abuse to make up for level leads, and the fact that the averages never come close (except fe4 sometimes) bother me!

Your basing your argument on something that dosent even happen most of the time!

Also, if you are debating for two really good units, if you can get them both WHAT IS THE POINT? you will end up using them both!

Debating can be fun, that I can see.