Professor Layton and the Curious Village

General Spoon

Oh gosh, I absolutely love this game (I'm a puzzle fan too). The graphics are simple but very colourful, and the plot twist was very surprising. Layton is truly awesome too, he's such a gentleman and so intelligent. :3 Oh, the Victorian-ish music is quite nice as well.

I finished the game a couple of months ago, and managed to download some of the Wifi puzzles (but then the connection failed after that). I'm still waiting for news of the second game to be released in english...

Edited by HorsemanGirl

One of my favorite games to play. One thing that really caught my attention, though, was the beautifully orchestrated score. Professor Layton's Theme was brilliant, imo.

I'm also a big fan of puzzles, so yeah.

Played it, beat it, never touched it again. The puzzles have shit variety, and they're almost all literal thinking, and without any creativity. The music is also earsplittingly-bad.

Lol. The puzzles have plenty of variety, and the music is only bad if you're deaf.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe I should have started a new topic, oh nevermind...

So, they announced that they were going to work on a new trilogy of games for the series. The first new game is Professor Layton and the Devil's Flute, taking place 3 years before Curious Village. Apparently, it should be set to release in Fall 2010. Here is some info on the game. Here is a little magazine scan. And now I am bursting with joy (and sadness that still only Curious Village has been released in English. Why why why why...)