HowAreYaBud

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

...kidding, kidding, fine.

Personally, I found it...boring. It had a fast battle system, but the game was just way too damn easy. Couldn't stand most of the characters. Only likable ones were Auron simply because he's the token badass, and Seymour, who is actually a legitimately insane villain.

No.

...kidding, kidding, fine.

Personally, I found it...boring. It had a fast battle system, but the game was just way too damn easy. Couldn't stand most of the characters. Only likable ones were Auron simply because he's the token badass, and Seymour, who is actually a legitimately insane villain.

EASY?!...EASY?!

IT'S FREAKIN HARD

EASY?!...EASY?!

IT'S FREAKIN HARD

??? Wha? The game is a cakewalk...Didn't grind, didn't abuse, didn't use Rikku's Mix abilities, didn't even switch members much. I got Lulu to the aga level spells, used Yuna with the black magic spheres the game will always give you by then, use return sphere to return to white magicky stuff with the only return sphere you'll ever need, never used anything outside of Tidus, Lulu/Yuna and Auron. Get Khimari a couple sphere levels early but don't use them till later so he can just get Ultima right there, Yuna uses another black magic and return sphere for when you actually need to learn ultima (later, since high level key spheres are needed, not that you need it anyways), and the game is just a walking game from there. Tidus alone makes it too easy with Haste and Hastega.

Wouldn't even use Yuna if the game didn't force Yuna in some parts. Yes, it's so easy, white magic isn't even needed to win.

Edited by Grandjackal

The random encounter rate is ridiculous. It took me well over an hour to cross Mt. Gagazet because of all the encounters. I was using Flee to escape more than half of them, too.

The random encounter rate is ridiculous. It took me well over an hour to cross Mt. Gagazet because of all the encounters. I was using Flee to escape more than half of them, too.

I know. I got so bored at that part I just gave up about 3 times halfway through the place.

?? Wha? The game is a cakewalk...Didn't grind, didn't abuse, didn't use Rikku's Mix abilities, didn't even switch members much. I got Lulu to the aga level spells, used Yuna with the black magic spheres the game will always give you by then, use return sphere to return to white magicky stuff with the only return sphere you'll ever need, never used anything outside of Tidus, Lulu/Yuna and Auron. Get Khimari a couple sphere levels early but don't use them till later so he can just get Ultima right there, Yuna uses another black magic and return sphere for when you actually need to learn ultima (later, since high level key spheres are needed, not that you need it anyways), and the game is just a walking game from there. Tidus alone makes it too easy with Haste and Hastega.

Wouldn't even use Yuna if the game didn't force Yuna in some parts. Yes, it's so easy, white magic isn't even needed to win.

I could never get any more key spheres than the game automatically gave you. And I can't figure out how to get the strongest weapons for each character...and I suck with character custimization...and I'm just not good at RPGs in general. So yeah. That would explain why it's so hard for me.

I know. I got so bored at that part I just gave up about 3 times halfway through the place.

I could never get any more key spheres than the game automatically gave you. And I can't figure out how to get the strongest weapons for each character...and I suck with character custimization...and I'm just not good at RPGs in general. So yeah. That would explain why it's so hard for me.

You don't need any more key spheres than the game gives you. Only ones you really need are the ones to get ultima. As for Yuna, what I pointed out up there is only because Yuna is forced at some parts, otherwise I wouldn't even think of using her. Lulu can just as easily use a friend sphere to learn all teh white magic too. No real character customization is actually needed, just go with how the sphere grid leads you normally.

You don't even need the strongest weapon, all they do is make an easy game even easier.

As for the encounter rate, It isn't noticeable since you're just going to kill the same enemies the same way every time thanks to the turn system+anything Tidus can do. It makes things more tedious rather than hard. It's more road blocks of experience rather than an enemy.

You don't need any more key spheres than the game gives you. Only ones you really need are the ones to get ultima. As for Yuna, what I pointed out up there is only because Yuna is forced at some parts, otherwise I wouldn't even think of using her. Lulu can just as easily use a friend sphere to learn all teh white magic too. No real character customization is actually needed, just go with how the sphere grid leads you normally.

You don't even need the strongest weapon, all they do is make an easy game even easier.

What is a friend sphere?

Exactly.

To Zanarkand is my favorite PS2 music.

I love Otherworld. Best PS2 music ever.

Edited by Green Power Ranger

EASY?!...EASY?!

IT'S FREAKIN HARD

*falls on floor laughing for 6 hrs*

it is way too fucking easy, if you mean getting everything then yes it is hard but besides that, it is way too easy, but it is fun to play just because I love the final boss music

*falls on floor laughing for 6 hrs*

it is way too fucking easy, if you mean getting everything then yes it is hard but besides that, it is way too easy, but it is fun to play just because I love the final boss music

You mean the REAL final boss, or the one that you're actually able to lose against?

You mean the REAL final boss, or the one that you're actually able to lose against?

what you think? I said the music for it was awesome I am talking about overworld

The game is good IMO. But not that great compare to FF7. There's no way FFX can outcast FF7 in any way.

that just goes without saying.

what you think? I said the music for it was awesome I am talking about overworld

Oh. Isn't it called Otherworld though?

This is the only Final Fantasy out of all twelve I have yet to play (currently on XI). And I still don't see much reason to try it out... it just feels like FFVIII-2, with a little more fantasy to it. Which wouldn't help its case at all D:

This is the only Final Fantasy out of all twelve I have yet to play (currently on XI). And I still don't see much reason to try it out... it just feels like FFVIII-2, with a little more fantasy to it. Which wouldn't help its case at all D:
How about the fact that FFX has far superior gameplay to FFVIII?

Trust me, I played FF8 and FFX side by side, and the difference was really clear.

Quite obviously, all a player really has to do is watch some battles to see the large gap between shit and shiny shit. But that's not enough to keep me interested in it D:

I want to play XI so badly but I needs a job :(

You could get the free trial. There's also a few trial disks for purchase at about $3 or so, which give you 30 days.

Edited by Celice

I still liked FFXII better just because its gameplay style besides the auto move set, it was much like .hack so I enjoyed it a lot and just like FFX in order to get the other weapons you have to get a hell of a lot stronger as well as being able to defeat all the hunts