This Story's Title Shall Remain Unknown

HowAreYaBud

Ugh...Second attempt at writing a good non-script story. Don't kill me if I don't do well, Shuuda Post all feedback in the feedback thread.

Chapter 1

"When I woke up, I had no idea where I was or how I'd gotten there. All I knew was that I was in a forest, and it was night. I didn't know what time it was, what day, or even what season. The leaves on the trees were just starting to change color, though, so I assumed it was Fall. When I sat up and looked around, I saw a clear, blue, sparkling lake a few feet away from me. I trudged over, leaned down, and took a long drink. I wiped my mouth and got back up. I scanned my surroundings for a path to get out of the place. I spotted one, even though it was barely visible, because it was crowded with rocks and vines and saplings. I lay down again, listened to the crickets' loud chirping. Somehow, it calmed me...Got rid of all my worries, like not being able to get out of the forest. After a few minutes, I decided it was time to go, and headed down the path. The whole time, I kept tripping. A few snakes came after me a few times, so I had to dodge those. Once, when I almost fell, a grabbed onto a vine. I pulled myself up to see a snake head staring me in the eyes. That freaked me out, and I ran as fast as possible for the rest of the way. It took me about 5 minutes to get out of there."

"...And that's when I met you two." I scooted closer to the fire and put my hands over it. I was at a campsite, telling my two new friends, Donna and Ken, how I got here.

"Then...What's your name?" Donna asked me.

"I'm Rayken."

"Hmm..Strange name." Ken said, with a surprised look.

"Ken!" Donna shouted. "Don't say things like that!"

"Yeah...Sorry, sorry...Anyway, I'm turnin' in for the night." Ken stood up, and I was surprised by how tall he was. He towered at least two heads above me. He had short brown hair. He was wearing baggy jeans, and a plain, green shirt. He was tan, like me, except more so.

"Oh yeah, I'll be there in a minute." Donna replied. "But..What about you? Are you staying for the night?" I shook my head and stood up. "Oh, okay..." She looked disappointed. "Well then, I suppose this is goodbye." She went over to Ken.

"I'm sorta glad he's goin'...I don't trust him.." I think he was trying to say it so that I wouldn't hear, but I did. After that rude comment, I doused the fire, and headed on my way.

Chapter 2

After a few hours, I began to get tired. I didn't stop to rest though, not even for a minute. I felt like there was somewhere I had to go, but I couldn't figure out where. When dawn came, I finally collapsed and fell asleep.

When I woke up, I started walking again. I was walking through the plains for the whole day. Nothing really interesting happened until that night. I was looking for firewood, when I heard a sound. I figured it was nothing, and continued looking for wood. After a minute, I heard it again. It was a crunching sound, like someone stepping on leaves. That's when I started to get a little freaked. I dropped all the wood I was carrying in a pile and started looking in the bushes for whatever was making that sound. A pair of eyes was on me... I could feel it. I let my guard down for one second, to look in a bush, and that's when I was attacked. The blow knocked me into a bush... a rose bush. That hurt. As I got up and started getting the thorns out of my skin, I figured I just fell over on my own. But then I was tackled again. I quickly got up off the ground and turned around. There, right in front of me, was some kind of monster, walking on all four. It's body was long and thin, just like it's tail. It's skin was blueish, it's head in the shape of an anchor. It got ready to pounce on me again. As it jumped up, I kicked it away and stepped on it. It started screeching.

"Yeah, you like that?!" I yelled back. It stopped screeching. I assumed it was dead, so I carefully and slowly took my foot off of it. And, of course, as soon as I did, it tackled me again. I was on the ground, and the monster was on top of me. It bit my arm, and I screamed. I heard more crunching. Great, another one... I thought. As I was being bitten by the beast on top of me, and a second one emerged from a bush, I knew I was a goner.

The monster that had just came out TALKED!

"GET OFFA HIM!" It yelled.

"K-Ken?!" I shouted in surprise. As soon as it heard Ken's voice, the monster on top of me got off and charged at him. He kicked it away easily. He pulled out a javelin off of his back and stabbed the thing, killing it. Barrels of black, slimy blood oozed out of it's body. I almost puked when I saw that stuff. I cautiously got up off of the blood stained dirt, expecting Ken to turn into another monster and attack me.

"What happened?" Ken asked, in shock.

"I-I don't know...I was out here, collecting firewood, when that beast came out of the bushes and attacked me."

"Those are nasty monsters...We call them Fiends. They started showing up in forests and jungles a couple of days ago. I thought you would have heard of them." He frowned.

"No, I've never heard of them..."

"Well, you've gotta be careful. Don't you have a weapon?"

"Where would I get a weapon?" Ken looked at me as if he thought I was stupid. He probably did.

"Uh...A blacksmith? Anyway, here." He took a sword inside a sheath of of his belt and threw it at me. I caught it. It was surprisingly heavy. I unsheathed it. The blade was simple, but it looked pretty good. It was plain, with a black handle and a dull, silver coloring for the blade. I ran my finger along the side of it, and it gave me a small cut.

"That's sharp."

"Yeah." He acted as if he was surprised that I was so amazed.

"But..." I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I come this way everyday."

"Don't you get tired walking here everyday?!" I know I would.

"No. I use a monowheel." Now I could tell he DID think I was an idiot.

"A... mono... wheel?" I had absolutely no idea what a monowheel was, but I figured it was some kind of machine.

"Yeah, a monowheel. It's a giant wheel that you can ride in to get around places faster. Come with me, I'll show you."

I finish this chapter later.

Ken led me to the monowheel. Just like he said, it was a huge wheel that you could ride in. The engine was attached to the back of it. Near the front, inside the wheel, were handlebars for steering. Ken climbed in, and pulled me in with him. The engine made a loud roar when he started it up, then quieted down. It was surprisingly silent for something like that. He pressed his foot on a pedal, and the monowheel started slow, then sped up. It felt like we were going one hundred miles per hour.

"So why do you come here?" I asked.

"I collect herbs for Donna. She makes medicine and other stuff out of them."

"Where are we going?"

He replied, "Well, I've already got the herbs, so where do you want me to take you?"

"Uh..." I was surprised he was letting me choose. My hometown was on the other side of the planet, so no way was I going all the way there.

"Well...," I said. "what's the closest town to here?"

"Ah, that would be the village of Ur. It's a small place, nice and quiet. A farming hamlet."

I nodded. "Yeah, that sounds nice. I'll rest there and get some food. Then I'll head back to Alanyia."

"Alanyia?" He asked with a hint of doubt in his voice. "You live in Alanyia? I thought only rich people lived there."

"Well, my parents ARE rich." He turned around to look at me and his eyes got wide.

"You need to show me that city sometime."

"Yeah, no problem, but don't run into that huge boulder!" He swiftly turned back around and just barely dodged the rock.

We were silent for the next half hour. Ken stopped the monowheel as we arrived at Ur. I got off of it, and Ken sped off in the opposite direction. I headed into the town. The first thing I saw was a man with pale skin. He had long blond hair and he was wearing green shorts. He wasn't wearing a shirt, but he was wearing a black jacket, lined with red at the edges.

"Rayken?!" He shouted.

Chapter 3

"Uh..." I hesitated. I started walking away as if I hadn't realized he was talking to me, but he ran over and caught me.

"Rayken, how have you been?" He was about my size, not short, but not tall. I had instantly recognized him, off course, because he was Gram, a rival from my childhood. We had absolutely despised each other, and we competed in everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. We had contests to see who could eat the fastest, to see who could run the fastest, to see who was stronger, even to see who could stand for a longer amount of time. He won most of the contests, but I always won the standing contest. He just couldn't sit, or stand, for very long. He had loads of energy, all the time.

"Uh... hey Gram. I've been fine. You?" I started sweating. I had been avoiding him these past seven years since I had left Alanyia. I wanted nothing to do with his contests. Partly because I always lost, mostly because I was just sic and tired of them.

"Not bad at all. Hey, what's with the sweat? Afraid I might challenge you to a contest? Don't worry." He chuckled, "We're adults now, past all that rivalry stuff. To tell you the truth, I was getting tired of it too."

"I suppose so..." I muttered.

"So, you're... eighteen now, right?" He asked.

"Yeah. What about you?" I honestly didn't remember how long it had been since I left home.

"I'm nineteen." It wasn't until he started looking through it that I noticed he had a brown sack with him. He pulled something wrapped in red paper out of it, and handed it to me. "Take this. It might help you soon."

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's... well, how 'bout you find out for yourself? Anyway, I gotta go." I stopped sweating, and he started to. I wondered what he was so nervous about. He ran out of the town, like he was in a hurry.

Not bad, better then most the shit on fanfiction.net

Pity I'm having some trouble with my own story at the moment so the fact you can get three coherent chapters out pisses me off a little.

Jealousy is a bitch.

Overall I likeded it.

No, you're a bitch for posting in the actual story thread, not in the feedback. gawd!

TT_TT

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I gave up? No way.

Chapter 3 (cont.)

Instead of opening it right away, I took it into a room in the local inn. I thought it might have been something important that no one else was supposed to see. When I got into the room, I unwrapped the paper. The item was a blood red, glowing stone. The glowing had a warm feel to it. I stuffed it into my pocket. It was getting kinda late, so I jumped into bed and went to sleep.

When I awoke the next morning, I checked my pocket to see if the stone was still there. It was. After reassuring myself, I climbed out of bed, buckled my sword onto my belt, and went outside. Hardly anybody was outside, so I assumed it was still early. Figuring I should get on my way, I left the village. Almost immediantly, I was attacked by a Fiend. It lunged at me. I dodged and pulled out my sword. It lunged again, this time I kicked it away. I ran up to it and stabbed it. It was so much weaker than the last ones. Or maybe it was because I had a sword. Later, the sun was straight above my head, so I assumed it was noon. I made a fire to cook some food. That's when I felt like I was being watched. Now, I feel like I'm being watched a lot of the time, so that time I just figured it was me again. After shrugging it off, I started to have the same feeling again. I turned around. No one. I looked in a few trees. No one. I turned back to the fire. After a few minutes, someone spoke to me.

"Hey." I quickly turned around, panicking. There was a tall girl, about my age, standing before me.

"Hey." She said again. I just stared at her for a few moments. She had long black hair. She was wearing a really skimpy outfit. It was like a wetsuit, except not. "Didn't your mother ever tell you that it's rude to stair at a lady?"

"Oh, sorry..." I said quietly.

"Well, whatever. Anyway, what do you want?" My eyes got huge. SHE was the one who came up to ME!

"But...But...You're the one that came up to me!" I shouted.

She replied, "Right...Oh yeah, I was wondering what that red stone was." What red stone? Oh yeah! I had left the stone out! I quickly stuffed it back into my pocket.

"...What red stone?" I asked, nervously.

"Are you kidding me? There was a glowing, red stone right there next to you before you put it away."

"Uh...Bye!" I hastily stomped out the fire and run away.