Sain Or Lowen

Mr.Shiu and Watch

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great arguments going on here.

Lowen wins durability, Sain wins offense. Sain's offense win is far bigger than Lowen's defense win though, and he's not about to die anytime soon (especially not if you're not playing HHM). So I would recommend using Sain.

One rounding is not an issue in this paticular game. Not getting killed by the enemies is much harder then actually getting killed by the enemies. Lowen has a defensive and avoid lead over Sain. Therefore, Lowen>Sain.

Maybe this is true on every mode not HHM, but Lowen does have definite problems 1-rounding when Sain doesn't. Sain's consistent str lead is also an advantage when both aren't 1-rounding, since Sain puts enemies in KO range for other units better than Lowen does.

Lowen's better at every chapter before ch23 in HHM, IMO. His 2-3 point lead in def pretty much guarantees that he never dies against melee enemies, and that durability is much sought after early in the game. He's kind of bad once durability doesn't become much of an issue, but I agree with IOS that Sain's offensive lead in the part of the game where good offense isn't hard to come by isn't as valuable as Lowen's defensive lead in the part of the game where good defense is hard to come by.

Neither. Marcus is your man.

Also, it depends on what mode you're playing, who else you're using, and what your goals are.

Also..

All Lowen has is Defense on his side. Not good enough if you ask me.

All Sain has is Str on his side. Not good enough if you ask me.

Edited by Reikken

All Sain has is Str on his side. Not good enough if you ask me.

I wasn't making a serious argument, I was just stating my position. At least I didn't make a one word post with my answer.

Besides, in my opinion, Strength is more important than Defense.

Pre-promotes are crapy latter on in the game compared to units you have raised from lvl 1

not really

If you've been raising those prepromotes as well, then they'll still be on a higher level.

And then some of them are awesome anyway. Like Pent is pwn even without a higher level. Geitz is the only warrior with decent spd. Harken has great stats. Even Isadora is great once her supports are established. She gets amazing avoid and has good spd/crit to make up for a lack of atk, and her class is awesome to begin with.

Edited by Reikken

Sounds like you were unlucky. Lowen averages 16 defense after promotion. That's equal to Sain's 20/20 defense average (if you want to be precise, Lowen actually has 0.6 more defense at 20/1 than Sain does at 20/20).

I never do LM because I'm lazy. But if you're doing LM, Lowen has a few chapters of availability over Sain and they're at about the same level in ch16. If you don't do LM, Lowen's earlygame completely blows Sain's out of the water.

Harken has great stats. Even Isadora is great once her supports are established. She gets amazing avoid and has good spd/crit to make up for a lack of atk, and her class is awesome to begin with.

IsadoraxHarken is the second fastest growing support in the game, tied with 6 others =O

Edited by dondon151

IsadoraxHarken is the second fastest growing support in the game, tied with 6 others =O

Srsly. That's why she stands a chance despite starting those supports late.

She would be much better if Harken joined at the same time she did, though. He joins so late!

Well, at least there's Lowen if his supports aren't already all taken.

Edited by Reikken