FE5

THR

Only two things can justify not warp-skipping chapter 22:

1) Lack of a Warp Staff;

2) Masochism.

And I don't do ranks. Dealing with ballistae and mooks who get leadership bonuses from Cyas and Reinhardt? No thanks.

(But of course, finishing the chapter before visiting the shop? Lol no.)

Edited by Anborn Arsar

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're using Olwen then it could be worth it, but she's a terrible character if she's not getting Ambush. LOL at Knight's Proofs, NOBODY should be promoting this late.

Capture enemies for cash? There's ONE other shop after this one.

And why wouldn't we be talking about ranks?

If you're using Olwen then it could be worth it, but she's a terrible character if she's not getting Ambush. LOL at Knight's Proofs, NOBODY should be promoting this late.

A character who makes the most use of an item should get the said item, in this case, Olwen.

Because of fatigue, you have to use more units, and if you use more units you have a limited amount of Knight Proofs, and some of them are pretty hard to get.

Capture enemies for cash? There's ONE other shop after this one.

You can buy killer weapons from the shop and whatever else you want in Chapter 22 and you can use that other shop you were talking about.

And why wouldn't we be talking about ranks?

Because that's not the point of this thread, at all. And even if we were, we should have mentioned it in the first place.

Warp skipping is gay.

warping in one turn to avoid a harder chapter is cowardice.

The misleading tier list-

lara and lifis, but mostly the prior, cannot fight, they get their reserved seating in the "god" tier because of the very same warping skipping (lara) and stealing anything with (abusing rng build) (lifis)

BrightonEarly is a marauder. Use him. (wrath)

A character who makes the most use of an item should get the said item, in this case, Olwen.

But she doesn't. Mareeta makes just as much use of it as Olwen does.

Because of fatigue, you have to use more units, and if you use more units you have a limited amount of Knight Proofs, and some of them are pretty hard to get.

Lets say you're planning 18 characters for endgame (Which is a lot). Leaf/Sety/Galzus/Linoan/Lara don't need one, and oh look, we already have 13 by the time Chapter 13 comes along.

You can buy killer weapons from the shop and whatever else you want in Chapter 22 and you can use that other shop you were talking about.

If we're not talking ranks, you should already have 20+ killer weapons from Chapter 15 capture abuse.

Because that's not the point of this thread, at all. And even if we were, we should have mentioned it in the first place.

Fine. That's going to make my arguement easier and harder...

Mareeta is already good without Ambush.

Look at it this way.

Olwen without Ambush is okay. Mareeta without Ambush is great.

Olwen with Ambush is great. Mareeta with Ambush is between great and brilliant.

It's best to have a general balance of power between your characters. Olwen is okay without Ambush, but she improves a lot with it, while Mareeta does not improve as much.

Lets say you're planning 18 characters for endgame (Which is a lot). Leaf/Sety/Galzus/Linoan/Lara don't need one, and oh look, we already have 13 by the time Chapter 13 comes along.

...?

http://serenesforest.net/fe5/location.html

You get 8, and some of those are tough to get.

If we're not talking ranks, you should already have 20+ killer weapons from Chapter 15 capture abuse.

Those are only Killing Edges if I recall correctly. You get all the kinds of Killers in 22.

Since time doesn't matter, it's not getting any items vs getting a bunch of useful items.

Edited by Alvis

What's there to discuss about FE5 ranked? You warp skip every chapter you can there.

I prefer not warp skipping it though, because of all the goods you get (buying Lightning, for one, is something I really want). And I usually don't have everyone capped by then, either.

IMO, bows fail in Tharcia. Being locked to 2-range in Tharcia is bad.

Not only the weapon is bad, but so are the users. Ronan and Selphina are out of question. While Tanya and Robert are the best you can use, they still have a problem...Tanya's STR and Robert's underleveled, can be fixed with Scrolls and Elite Manual though...

You don't get that many knight proofs. :mellow:

Yeah, you only get 14 of them in the whole game without the shop.

Yeah, and that they will be at a lesser level than by using the normal 13-15 unit team. I beleve that the gamedesigners put in this fatigue system, so that they can stop you from using your early promoted characters constantly forcing you to use the arena to get the secondary team to catch up with everyone else. Thankfully you only have to raise abnout 20 units per playthrough and alternating half the team in every other chapter. Unless that you are using prepromos, you still have to at least buy 8 Knights Proofs from the shop in Chapter 22, as the game doesn't really provide you enough of them for everybody.

Yeah, only swords. But this game does actually lack Kill Axes more than any other Kill weapon in this game. There are actually only 4 in the entire game.

Chapter 5 from Enemy Berserker reinforcement. (I don't count this one, the Berserker's BLD is way to high for you to capture him and take it.)

Chapter 14X from Enemy Mercenary

Chapter 17A from the two Armor Knights near the exit to the Chapter.

Chapter 23 From Enemy General. (Sleep him to capture him.)

What's there to discuss about FE5 ranked? You warp skip every chapter you can there.

I prefer not warp skipping it though, because of all the goods you get (buying Lightning, for one, is something I really want). And I usually don't have everyone capped by then, either.

Uh huh, that too. Without the shop there are only two in the whole game. No enemies have it either that you can capture/steal and take.

Homer and Cyas come with it in their inventories, that's it.

But this game does actually lack Kill Axes more than any other Kill weapon in this game. There are actually only 4 in the entire game.

You can buy Killer Axes in the Ch22 armory.

You can buy Killer Axes in the Ch22 armory.

Yeah, but I'm talking about without the armory.

So, any recommendations as to who to give the manuals to?

Solar Hit - Othin, or Carion, maybe.

Luna Hit - dunno, maybe Halvan?

Elite to someone underleveled who needs it, depending on who you're using. <edit> yeah, Carrion will do </edit>

Solar Hit and Duel Manuals should probably go hand in hand on someone, though I tend to give Duel to Leaf so he can waste ballistae twice as quickly (he doesn't get fatigued by doing it). Or anyone with high PCC will do, really.

Luna/Wrath works on anyone who needs the offense boost - Karin and Nanna are good examples. Fin too, when he's not using Brave Lance. Basically people with fairly low (0-2) PCC and no other rape skills.

Edited by Mekkah

Carion is not a good choice for Elite.You see, he gets a sword with the skill in it.

Edited by Skasha

Carion is not a good choice for Elite.You see, he gets a sword with the skill in it.

Elite Sword is a good weapon to trade around among sword users. lolarena.

Give your Elite to a magic user can be a good choice too. Tina?

Just reached ch 8, my idea is to give elite to carrion, as from what I've seen, he's the last underleveld elite-less unit that I'm planning on using

Yes. That is also a character that I use the manual on. Alone with an Elite Sword, he can gain 4X the amount of EXP. 8X if you are playing the Elite Mode.

Elite Sword is a good weapon to trade around among sword users. lolarena.

Give your Elite to a magic user can be a good choice too. Tina?

Wait a minute..the bonuses of the sword doesn't carry over in the arena. Haven't tried it, but does it really?

Edited by Laylea

Wait a minute..the bonuses of the sword doesn't carry over in the arena. Haven't tried it, but does it really?

Hm...I think it does. Or else why my characters can level up faster than usual? Or maybe I remember it wrongly....