Question about FE4 stats and growths...

Liz

How important are skill/luck compared to strength and magic for, say, a troubadour-->paladin?

also, do the growths posted here take into account the supposedly growth bonuses added by holy blood that are posted here?

and finally, how important are the * weapons? Are they worth having a children unit with lower growths, but able to use them?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A trobadour is best as a healer; they are seldom able fighters. Yet, they usually can't have high magic either.

The children growths take into account holy blood bonuses - that's why HP growths sometimes reach high 100s at times.

* weapons are stronger than in any other game in the series - think of +20 speed/+10 skill with 30 base attack. However, few characters can use them, because of class issues, and most are locked to fixed characters.

The only * weapons that can be inherited are Holsety (one of the very best magic tome in the series) and the Valkyrie Staff (ressurects a dead unit). Only Fury/Tiiltyu/Sylvia's male child can use it Holsety, and only Fury/Silvya's can use the Valk staff.

Getting Holsety is totally worth it. The Valk staff? Not necessarily.

A trobadour is best as a healer; they are seldom able fighters. Yet, they usually can't have high magic either.

The children growths take into account holy blood bonuses - that's why HP growths sometimes reach high 100s at times.

* weapons are stronger than in any other game in the series - think of +20 speed/+10 skill with 30 base attack. However, few characters can use them, because of class issues, and most are locked to fixed characters.

The only * weapons that can be inherited are Holsety (one of the very best magic tome in the series) and the Valkyrie Staff (ressurects a dead unit). Only Fury/Tiiltyu/Sylvia's male child can use it Holsety, and only Fury/Silvya's can use the Valk staff.

Getting Holsety is totally worth it. The Valk staff? Not necessarily.

yeah, i want to get Sety to use Holesty.

this is kinda like my rough draft on who i'm using for my first playthrough:

• Sigurd
  • Diadora
  • Aira
  • Azel
  • Cuan
  • Ethlin
  • Levin
  • Lachesis
  • Lex
  • Fury
  • Holyn

• Celice
  • Julia
  • Lackche or Shanan or both
  • Aless
  • Nanna
  • Leaf
  • Femina
  • Altenna
  • Sety
  • Delmund
  • Johan

How does Azel/Lachesis sound for Nanna? Who is better as a father for Lakche, Lex or Holyn?

Levin/Fury for Sety?

Edited by Persephone

Levin/Fury is your tried-and-true, bread-and-butter awesome.

Some people like Azel/Lachesis. I didn't make a good use of it in my last playthrough (having them rely on magic swords is a bad, bad idea), so no opinion there. Lachesis's Hezul blood saves their strength growth, anyway.

You can't go wrong with Ayra. Lex, Holyn and Noish are her most popular pairings, but there are some good others.

Also, you can field all your units in FE4. All of them. You don't need to choose.

Levin/Fury is your tried-and-true, bread-and-butter awesome.

Some people like Azel/Lachesis. I didn't make a good use of it in my last playthrough (having them rely on magic swords is a bad, bad idea), so no opinion there. Lachesis's Hezul blood saves their strength growth, anyway.

You can't go wrong with Ayra. Lex, Holyn and Noish are her most popular pairings, but there are some good others.

Also, you can field all your units in FE4. All of them. You don't need to choose.

true, but seeing so many units all at once makes my head a little dizzy, so i think i'll limit myself.

DX

How important are skill/luck compared to strength and magic for, say, a troubadour-->paladin?

also, do the growths posted here take into account the supposedly growth bonuses added by holy blood that are posted here?

and finally, how important are the * weapons? Are they worth having a children unit with lower growths, but able to use them?

1. For Nanna, I would say that Luck > Magic > Str > Skill, since she starts with enough Magic to heal about 40HP or so with Relive so getting MORE isn't as dire except for magic swords, whereas Luck boosts Avoid. Str is also less important because Hezul blood means she'll have 50+% even with a dad that uses magic, and with most others her growth will be like 70%. Skill is pretty meh overall. Swords have high hit and she should be healing most of the time anyway.

2. Yes, that includes holy blood, as evidenced by Levin's children having ridiculous Speed.

3. Holy Weapons generally supercede having slightly lower growths, but that only assumes that you can use them. Giving Lakche and Skasaha * in Swords doesn't mean anything considering the only way to get them Balmung is through a glitch, and that's the only spot where a unit would be able to use the weapon but no have access to it (in all other cases they can't use it). The other holy weapons that can be passed on are either forced (Tyfling, Gae Bolg, Ichival) or it's worth it, since Holsety is ridiculous (30 Might, +20 Speed, 1-2 range, attacks Res) and Claude's blood is useful for certain kids because it turns their C Staves into an A/*, while still making them good casters (Sety/Fee).

However, I would only pair Claude with Sylvia or Fury, since a Tiltyu pairing makes the kids pretty weak because of no Pursuit.

Who is better as a father for Lakche, Lex or Holyn?

Lex. Elite makes it not even a contest.

Diadora. You are using Diadora....For? O.o

Not that I'm against this, but it's probably a bit hard and pointless for you to use her. >.>

Oh ho ho, I'm so a hypocrite...after all I abuse her to LV. 30... >.>

Diadora. You are using Diadora....For? O.o

Not that I'm against this, but it's probably a bit hard and pointless for you to use her. >.>

Oh ho ho, I'm so a hypocrite...after all I abuse her to LV. 30... >.>

why not? she looks like an interesting character.

i'm not really concerned about rank right now, i just want to get through the game.

afterwards, once i know how to play the game and stuff, i'll attempt a ranked run, but before then, i won't mind aboosing of her so that she is max!

XD

Who is better as a father for Lakche, Lex or Holyn?

Levin/Fury for Sety?

I prefer Holyn out of Lex and Holyn, but I think Dew better than both of them.

That's a great pairing.

Edited by luigi bros

i'm not really concerned about rank right now, i just want to get through the game.

afterwards, once i know how to play the game and stuff, i'll attempt a ranked run, but before then, i won't mind aboosing of her so that she is max!

XD

Then abuse her until the end of chapter 2, since you can't field her from chapter 3 on.

Also, FE4's ranking system is messed up, don't worry about it. >_>

Also, remember to always use the arena, and that it doesn't kill you.

Edited by TheEnd

XD

Diadora's availability is limited (she's only usable from the time you get her and chapter 2). Cuan, Ethlin and Fin leave at the start of chapter 4. Do train Fin since he's useful later in the game.

If you're gonna be using Deirdre, I've read that her equipment should be sold as soon as Ch. 3 is reached, and her gil should be given to Sigurd. (I'm trying out the action I typed to see if it works well though.)

EDIT: Levin (the member) pretty much covered the rest.

Edited by Little Al

XD

No one play FE4 for ranked run, so just you know.

Mainly because of the 1000 out of 1030 level ups you need.

There is just not enough exp ;-;

Not enough turn is the problem for me. lolabuselol

Dierdre is horrible imo. Insane magic and resistance but the rest of the stats are just bad.

The Valkyrie Staff is the worst ultimate staff of Fire Emblem imo. Holy Maiden/Latona were more useful and Again Staff is the best of the best.

Dierdre is horrible imo. Insane magic and resistance but the rest of the stats are just bad.

The Valkyrie Staff is the worst ultimate staff of Fire Emblem imo. Holy Maiden/Latona were more useful and Again Staff is the best of the best.

Diadora is awesome, since she gives Celice some RES.

Valk staff is useless with savestates. >:

Diadora is awesome, since she gives Celice some RES.

Valk staff is useless with savestates. >:

Yeah, but USING Dierdre is a bad idea.

You don't need savestates to keep everyone alive. FE4 isn't that hard imo.

Yeah, but USING Dierdre is a bad idea.

You don't need savestates to keep everyone alive. FE4 isn't that hard imo.

Nah, staff user, easy to abuse.

FE4 is the easiest in the series. >:

Nah, staff user, easy to abuse.

FE4 is the easiest in the series. >:

But is it worth training her? And Sigurd will lose a lot of money on Staff Abusing

FE8 would like to have a word with you.

But is it worth training her? And Sigurd will lose a lot of money on Staff Abusing

Huh? A Live staff is 5k. A Relive if 10k. She can easily win a few arena levels by OHKOing enemies.

FE8 would like to have a word with you.

There is no FE8.

Also, FE4 is the official Trampling FE.

And he will get it back in Chapter 3 after Diadora finished her Arena and sold her stuffs. Money is never a proble to Sigurd, unless you are talking about Chapter 5 Tryfing.