Decent moveset for a Glaceon?

Solanum Tuberosum

If you want to badly use Hail/Blizzard combo, just build a team with Abomasnow as the Hail inducer. That way, you get infinite Hail (unless your opponent changes weather) by simply making Abomasnow enter in battle, instead of both wasting a moveslot AND a turn for setting up Hail for a 8-turn time max (with Icy Rock).

As for Glaceon moveset, if you plan to use it as a Choice Specs attacker, and if you have access to Platinum, you maybe can use Signal Beam as an alternative to Sleep Talk in Smogon's Choice Specs set. Be warned though, it has limited uses aside from denting Celebi a bit harder than with Ice Beam, beating Crawdaunt, Abomasnow, Ludicolo, and pure Dark-types, as Shadow Ball already takes care of Psychics, Hidden Power Fighting takes care of Rock/Dark and Ice/Dark types, and Ice Beam is WAY better against nearly all Grass-types save for those mentioned above.

(And even for the Pokés more sensible to Signal Beam than Ice Beam, in the case Ice Beam is a neutral hit, Signal Beam doesn't have a wonderful advantage, as a neutral STAB Ice Beam is 142 power, while Signal Beam is 150 power).

Edited by AceNoctali

Ice Beam

Blizzard

Trump card/ Shadow Ball

Hail

No. No need for two Ice attacks in the same moveset, better diversify its attacking possibilities with an Hidden Power (Fighting for hitting Rock and Steel, two of his bane, or Electric, for BoltBeam-like combo). And as I said, Hail is a waste of a moveslot.

Currently, in Japanese (not sure if its been fixed yet) copies of Platnium, IIRC there is a way to get hail to do hail damage and sandstorm damage. Or maybe it has something to do with rain dance. But I know that it has something to do with pursuit, and that ice types are immune to the damage from it.

Currently, in Japanese (not sure if its been fixed yet) copies of Platnium, IIRC there is a way to get hail to do hail damage and sandstorm damage. Or maybe it has something to do with rain dance. But I know that it has something to do with pursuit, and that ice types are immune to the damage from it.

You mean the Acid Rain glitch ?

That one is fucked indeed, but I never encountered it so far (because I use my Diamond cart for battles, Platinum only serves me for tutoring my Pokés).

Is this for in-game, Wifi, or simulator?

The Acid Rain Glitch ? It occurs in those conditions :

- Battling on Wi-Fi, with the Platinum player (if one is a Platinum player, and the other a Diamond/Pearl player) hosting the battle ;

- KOing a fleeing Pokémon with Pursuit while weather is active.

For what I've heard, it doesn't systematically occurs, but if those conditions are met, chances this glitch occurs are important.