Golden Sun

Metal Rabbit

For all the distraught GS fans who wanted Isaac playable, I have to wonder as to why they think its such a great game.

I downloaded played the game (the lost age) for a couple of hours and while I liked it, I wasn't impressed with how generic the battle system is.

I'll play it more when I have the time, but for now I still say there isn't much that separates it from other RPGs,

Edited by Metal Rabbit

Well, it does get better when you start to find more Djinn and you can compound summon. Plus, it isn't about how awesome the game was. Golden Sun was... a mediocre RPG at best, but Isaac is very popular. So naturally, he deserved to be in SSBB.

I loved Golden Sun. It was my first real RPG game. However, I don't really think he's Brawl material. Or at least compared to other people that should have been in Brawl. Though I'm glad Issac is an Assist Trophy.

Well it is an OLD game. Like what 7 years old? And yeah it gets better when u get more Djinn and you can compound summon and do uber things.

It's an old game, and the graphics were supposedly revolutionary for the GBA at the time (I no, rite?) Despite that though, it's one of the first and best RPGs I've ever played. While it doesn't totally revamp the genre, it's good in its own right. Just keep playing it, it starts off a bit slow, but later on when you get more Djinn and more Summons and Psynergy, it starts to pick up. Almost every decent RPG starts off slow, that's sort of how they work. If you don't have the resolve to get past the first 10 minutes, perhaps you shouldn't be playing an RPG game. =/

Now to discuss the game, I really hope something Golden Sun related shows up at E3 this year... Camelot has hinted pretty heavily that they're going to make a 3rd. Apparently, Nintendo even "begged" (probably exaggerated) for them to make a 3rd.

If they do come out with a third, it's gonna force me to get a DS. Which will put me in the same boat as Arc (Reference to his "Boy is my wallet going to hurt this summer" topic)

Here's a question: Who were your favorite characters to use?

I mean once you got everybody

I liked Piers Jenna Issac and

Felix

. Mia wasn't bad to. But I didn't use the two wind sages once I didn't have to. And I just don't like Garet too much.

i played and beat that game when i was liek... 12... yea this is the first one mind you... i don't really remember much but i know that it was fun for the time and that the commercial for it was epic... yeaaaa.... good times...

The story is one of the best stories I've ever played through. It's just really good. I've played both games, I completely agree with the generic battle system. I didn't mind it, what I did mind was getting into SO MANY battles.

The story is one of the best stories I've ever played through.

You mean the story as in the "game" and not the dialogue or plot right? I thought the latter were really really lacking.

You mean the story as in the "game" and not the dialogue or plot right? I thought the latter were really really lacking.

True and I played this on my CBA so hearing the continual bleebs. Well as Atori said in noein

It makes me want to VOMIT

True and I played this on my CBA so hearing the continual bleebs. Well as Atori said in noein

It makes me want to VOMIT

Turn off the sound then dude.

Are you kidding me? The plot was the best part of the game. The boring, repetitive battles are what really killed this game though.

Are you kidding me? The plot was the best part of the game. The boring, repetitive battles are what really killed this game though

Hmm, I'm not completely sure how to express my answer, so bear with me...

IMO, the plot was horribly cliched and uninvolving. You have your band of adventurers travelling to elemental buildings to do something- this time preventing them from being lit, because it will cause the destruction of the world.

Okay, very few RPG plots are actually original, but it's usually the clever dialogue and character interaction that saves the day. However, there weren't any of note in this game. As such, I didn't really care for the characters as "characters", but just battlers.

Then in the next game, you do the same thing, but on the opposing side and you find out the whole of the first game was a big waste of time because

you need the lighthouses lit to save the world...

Basically, the plot was pointless and the story was just "stuff happened"- all events that I can barely remember now. So, yeah, I didn't think it was any good. I was mostly in it for the puzzles and dungeons >___

Hmm, I'm not completely sure how to express my answer, so bear with me...

IMO, the plot was horribly cliched and uninvolving. You have your band of adventurers travelling to elemental buildings to do something- this time preventing them from being lit, because it will cause the destruction of the world.

Okay, very few RPG plots are actually original, but it's usually the clever dialogue and character interaction that saves the day. However, there weren't any of note in this game. As such, I didn't really care for the characters as "characters", but just battlers.

Then in the next game, you do the same thing, but on the opposing side and you find out the whole of the first game was a big waste of time because

you need the lighthouses lit to save the world...

Basically, the plot was pointless and the story was just "stuff happened"- all events that I can barely remember now. So, yeah, I didn't think it was any good. I was mostly in it for the puzzles and dungeons >___<

Ah yes, the puzzles are also a good part of the game, since you needed special powers to pass through certain areas.