Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon developer conference (speculation for the new FEs)

Gemini-Saga

I don't like it that they want to cut back on story. I love FE's story, that's one of the reasons I picked it up in the first place. PoR/RD had a great story, and (unlike some people) I'd like more of the plots to be like that.

And I would love a FE6 remake. I'm not going to pirate the game, so I would really like to see what happened to Elibe after FE7 firsthand. And I agree that they should make a game with both remade FE6 and FE7 that link with a FE4-like love system. But maybe I'm a little too wishful...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it that they want to cut back on story. I love FE's story, that's one of the reasons I picked it up in the first place. PoR/RD had a great story, and (unlike some people) I'd like more of the plots to be like that.

And I would love a FE6 remake. I'm not going to pirate the game, so I would really like to see what happened to Elibe after FE7 firsthand. And I agree that they should make a game with both remade FE6 and FE7 that link with a FE4-like love system. But maybe I'm a little too wishful...

As some people have said, chances are they'd do like FE3 - Book 1/Book 2 system.

Lazy bastards.

And IF they do a CrossOver... would you guys would like to be a Fighting or a Normal game ?

A rip-off of Dissida: Final Fantasy fighting game more likely seeing I think it would be very cheesy of them doing a crossover RPG game.

A rip-off of Dissida: Final Fantasy fighting game more likely seeing I think it would be very cheesy of them doing a crossover RPG game.

I dunno. A fighting game based on an obscure Japanese RPG sounds even cheesier than a standard SRPG.

If he were to do another remake, it would be the Super Famicom Fire Emblem title, Fire Emblem: Akaneia Senki.

HOLY CRUD NINTENDO REMEMBERS THE SATELLAVIEW. :D

The BS FE games are probably enough material for a "Prologue" in a Monshou remake. It'd be interesting as well if, afterward, we got an "Abridged" book 1 based on Nyna and Hardin's perspective (which would likely mean, cut the first 6 maps as well as a large amount of others, only note the most major recruitable characters, change some cutscenes so that you see better foreshadowing for some Monshou events, and just have the major event items easily handed to you to make it more a "Beginner" mode.) before going into the "Book 2". It'd at the very least make up for the original Shadow Dragon not having Book 2. Hrm.

Of course, assuming the remake is done the OG Version's CG art would be a must, as I'd like to believe it hasn't vanished forever.

As for the FE6 remake, would be nice, but I feel that one of the things that made Monshou fit as both a remake and a new entry is how many recurring characters there are, and while there's some of them in FE6... Well, maybe if they brought Lyn back, didn't have Hector die, and gave Eliwood more a role...? Changes like that though could potentially be drastic though. Hrm..

"There's nothing wrong with a smooth and simple story," he said. It's pretty interesting that an aspect of the game originally motivated by hardware limitations is now considered a feature.
Many developers have stated that hardware limitations helped them to make games as great as they were.

Many developers have stated that hardware limitations helped them to make games as great as they were.

I've heard that as well, and it makes perfect sense in my head.

And IF they do a CrossOver... would you guys would like to be a Fighting or a Normal game ?

Would be something like Super Robot Wars, mostly reenactments from scenes of the games, condensed in only one, with characters of all them.

Oguma/Gerik/Dieck Dream Team FTW.

At this point I can care less about which game they remake. It just needs to be good. The quality of the FE games is going down recently.

I don't Agree FE10 were good and pretty solid... (IMO)

you can argue about FEDS, but the developers explained why the game ended up like that... is understandable.

While you're at it, add Othin to the list.

Oh yes. But he doesn't have any scars, he loses points on badassery.

Also it would be awesome to see Navarre/Shiva/Shanan/SHANAM(yeah) Dream Team.

I just really hope IS remembers what made FE great in the first place; interesting story, unique characters, challenging difficulty, and good replay value. But with that interview and FEDS, I'm starting to doubt most of that. If they start making some Mario-like "save the princess" storylines, they'll lose a lot of fans who play the games for the story.

I just really hope IS remembers what made FE great in the first place; interesting story, unique characters, challenging difficulty, and good replay value. But with that interview and FEDS, I'm starting to doubt most of that. If they start making some Mario-like "save the princess" storylines, they'll lose a lot of fans who play the games for the story.

I really hope they don't go that way... I loved FE9-10 Story... they CAN'T miss that...

The reason I love FE is the Char Development and the Story :\

PLZ IS don't disappoint me.

That is true because your have to think around the limits and see what you can and can not do within the limits. You are force to think deeply about gameplay and how you can make it fun.

At this point I can care less about which game they remake. It just needs to be good. The quality of the FE games is going down recently.

My list of the quality of FE games, in order from best to worst.

FE6 > FE5 > FE7 > FE1 >= FEDS > FE3 > FE8 > FE4 > FE9 > FE10 > FE2

And I like all of them moderately well except for FE2, but that is only because I haven't given that game a chance yet.

I have some of the recent games towards the end of the list but some closer to the front. Even Radiant Dawn (which has lots of issues) is still pretty fun, and some of its innovations were actually very welcome additions.

I'm still optimistic about the series, and FEDS is awesome.

I've beaten FE:DS three times now, so I can honestly say I'd like to see a remake of Moshou no Nazo and BS FE together. Maybe make BS FE a tutorial to a remake of Monshou? I mean, it has four chapters just like Shadow Dragon's prolouge.

I don't want a remake of Fuuin No Tsurugi. It's not even that old of a game. If they start remaking games that were from the GBA, that would take time away from games that actually deserve a remake, like Monshou no Nazo or Seisen no Keifu. I mean, WHY would you take away from the classics to remake a mediocre game?

Their idea of a all star FE...... that idea scares me a bit. Compare Vanguard Ike with Ragnell, Lyn with Sol Katti, Marth with Flachion, and Roy with Sword of Seals. Throw in Sigurd with Tyrfing and it's a slaughterfest.

Edited by Dr.Shroob

I've beaten FE:DS three times now, so I can honestly say I'd like to see a remake of Moshou no Nazo and BS FE together. Maybe make BS FE a tutorial to a remake of Monshou? I mean, it has four chapters just like Shadow Dragon's prolouge.

I don't want a remake of Fuuin No Tsurugi. It's not even that old of a game. If they start remaking games that were from the GBA, that would take time away from games that actually deserve a remake, like Monshou no Nazo or Seisen no Keifu. I mean, WHY would you take away from the classics to remake a mediocre game?

Their idea of a all star FE...... that idea scares me a bit. Compare Vanguard Ike with Ragnell, Lyn with Sol Katti, Marth with Flachion, and Roy with Sword of Seals. Throw in Sigurd with Tyrfing and it's a slaughterfest.

If anything, Seisen's the mediocre one.

And remaking FE3 would be dumb since we just got FEDS, and FE3 cut out characters/maps that FEDS rightfully put back in the game. It's the superior remake to begin with.

If anything, Seisen's the mediocre one.

And remaking FE3 would be dumb since we just got FEDS, and FE3 cut out characters/maps that FEDS rightfully put back in the game. It's the superior remake to begin with.

Obviously it would be a Book Two remake with a tacked on BS remake.

And, I may be the only one that thinks this, but isn't Roy's game a little too recent to get a full blown remake? A port would be fine, but, a remake?

And, I may be the only one that thinks this, but isn't Roy's game a little too recent to get a full blown remake? A port would be fine, but, a remake?

Roy wasn't actually introduced to Western players, and there are things to be included, such as the addition of Assassins and things like that.

Roy wasn't actually introduced to Western players, and there are things to be included, such as the addition of Assassins and things like that.

Just because I'm new here means in no way am I an idiot. I'm quite aware of those things, seeing as how I've played an beaten Fuuin no Tsurugi, but, I just think that a classic game should be a bigger priority than a game that's not even a decade old. Now, if it were as big as games like Super Mario 64 or OoT, that's one thing, but, Fuuin no Tsurugi isn't the greatest FE game ever, nor is it that old even.

It's like saying Twilight Princess should be remade before The original Legend of Zelda, or something to that degree.

Edited by Dr.Shroob

Book 2 alone in FE3 is still better than FEDS, so a remake of Book 2 would definitely not be dumb due to how good FE3 Book 2's map design is.

if there is going to be any sort of remake, it should be either Book 2 of FE3, or the Jugdral saga. i don't think that FE6 or anything later deserves a remake yet

FE6 doesn't need to be old to be remade, (FE1 certainly wasn't) and while bringing the infamous Roy's game to the states is worthwhile on its own, that's not to understate the fact that the Sword of Seals was and is a great game that can easily be argued as one of the best in the series.

Book 2 alone in FE3 is still better than FEDS, so a remake of Book 2 would definitely not be dumb due to how good FE3 Book 2's map design is.

You're a bigger fan of Book 2 than I was then.

I'm surprised you haven't been flamed/called out for this yet.

Anyways, I think that FE3 Book 2 should be remade next, with the BS Fire Emblems as tutorial chapters.

If I were to take every one of FE4's innovations and discuss the worth of each one, I would come out with half 'good' and half 'bad'. The story was impressive for an FE game, the generational system was nice and the class variety was very welcome, as was the weapon triangle. On the other hand, the map design makes some characters unusable by virtue of how many move their class grants them. The maps themselves are a chore to traverse even with the likes of Sigurd and Cuan thanks to low enemy density and ridiculous terrain setup. And despite all of the cool class options, there are hardly any representatives of any of these classes to play with. That's a bit disappointing. I'd rather have limited deployment per chapter if I could have more choices to choose from.

I still played through and enjoyed it, but to say that I disagree with the general consensus on this game goes without saying.