IIRC some Japanese player posted an FE4 ranked run on youtube

dondon151

I don't see any run except from this one. But then again the player stopped in Chapter 1. So I think this is not what are you talking about.

Well, I remember seeing it on Youtube, and I remember watching part of a final (?) chapter video that had a lot of Leaf getting danced and then using Rescue on Leen/Laylea.

Unfortunately that's about all I can remember.

I'm not sure if that's a ranking or not, though it does show some efficient EXP play.

He keeps killing off Oifaye for whatever reason. Wouldn't that hurt combat rank?

EDIT: Oooh, I bet he was doing that to use up RNs.

Edited by Chainey

Wouldn't that hurt combat rank?

Naw, combat rank is only for when people really die. Arena just knocks them out I guess, then shows them with 1hp left.

I think I have seen it in Nicovideo, hopefully this is the right one...I dunno...

Ah, I remember that sped-up music! Except I also remember animations being on...

He keeps killing off Oifaye for whatever reason. Wouldn't that hurt combat rank?

EDIT: Oooh, I bet he was doing that to use up RNs.

Yeah. Losing in the arena doesn't hurt combat.

Edited by dondon151

That link gives me some sort of register/login sheet in japanese, I think I've seen something like it before but forgot the way around it. Why can't people just use Googlevideo or something for this?

You have to register to nico nico in order to view Nico Nico vids.

I used to have problems registering, but now I have no problems doing so, so you should be able to if you find the register link. Just hover the mouse around until the URL at the bottom of your browser shows "register.htm" or whatever it was.

I made it, but I'm kind of irritated that the person doing it doesn't skip conversations. And the videos seem in a weird order.

I'm not sure if that's a ranking or not, though it does show some efficient EXP play.

I'm watching the end only, and the person was indeed got A rank. I don' know how he managed to raise Asaello to LV.30 with only 3 kills. O.o

By weakening enemies with him.

EDIT: Yep. He grinds at one point just by doing pitiful damage to a slept Ishtar.

EDIT 2: No wait, I think I'm thinking of the wrong character.

Edited by Chainey

I just finished watching the previously linked FE4 run. It was a truly entertaining run. The player was so skilled that he managed to take everything slow about FE4 (besides arena use, which is fun anyway) and managed to take them away with impressive macro skills, able to multitask so many events in single turns.

Edited by Chainey

Either I suck at navigating or I'm missing the videos between Ch3 and Ch7? I can't really figure out what order the videos in that list are in to begin with...

Either I suck at navigating or I'm missing the videos between Ch3 and Ch7? I can't really figure out what order the videos in that list are in to begin with...

Which one? The first run or the second one? I'll search them for you if you want.

this one. thanks beforehand.

I can't found it. But I just realized that the player submitted his Chapter 3 video in 2009/02/03. So my guess the he hasn't make Chapter 4~6 yet.

How come he has videos of 7~F then? Why would you record things out of order like that in a run that's supposed to have continuation?

Edited by Mekkah

NicoNicoDouga has a lot of strange FE Runs.

I recall noting one for Monshou where a player de-equiped every character except for a single Knight, and had the other characters basically be bait to get this one Knight to do all the fighting.