Any advice over here?

Just call me AL

I wasn't expecting this to happen but I just went Finn X Bridget just recently in my first playthrough. I didn't want it because I get old Finny boy back during part II. Would there be any way to try to prevent this from happening again besides taking my sweet time taking Silval Castle? Because the pair may not be high on my priorities, like I said in the topic description.

Only alternative I see is killing Fin and reviving him with the Valk Staff before you finish the chapter. Due to the availability of the 2, their love status is 180 points to begin with and +10 each turn (and this is without having them adjacent to each other).

Edited by Levin

The skillsets of Patty and Favel suck now. They have prayer and pursuit. They already get pursuit from Briggid, so all that Fin is adding is prayer. Which means nothing to Favel.

Patty should get high HP, decent attack, high skill, meh speed, high luck, and average defense.

Favel shoud get high HP, decent attack, high skill, bad speed, some luck, and some defense.

The skillsets of Patty and Favel suck now. They have prayer and pursuit. They already get pursuit from Briggid, so all that Fin is adding is prayer. Which means nothing to Favel.

Patty should get high HP, decent attack, high skill, meh speed, high luck, and average defense.

Favel shoud get high HP, decent attack, high skill, bad speed, some luck, and some defense.

Patty will always have high hp, decent attack, good skill, meh-decent speed, average luck and decent defense no matter who the daddy.

Faval will always have high hp and HIGH luck due to major Ulir. Speed won't matter due to having a high base+Ichival. Skill will always be decent-high unless his father is Jamka or Ardan. Fin as a father is pretty decent.

Patty will always have high hp, decent attack, good skill, meh-decent speed, average luck and decent defense no matter who the daddy.

Faval will always have high hp and HIGH luck due to major Ulir. Speed won't matter due to having a high base+Ichival. Skill will always be decent-high unless his father is Jamka or Ardan. Fin as a father is pretty decent.

Crap, I didn't factor in blood bonuses when I did that...

Only alternative I see is killing Fin and reviving him with the Valk Staff before you finish the chapter. Due to the availability of the 2, their love status is 180 points to begin with and +10 each turn (and this is without having them adjacent to each other).
If it happens again next time, and I rush a little bit while taking Silval Castle, I'll be sure to try that. I figured love growths had something to do with it.

Isn't pursuit a soldier skill for Faval and, after her promotion, Patty? Edited by Little Al

If it happens again next time, and I rush a little bit while taking Silval Castle, I'll be sure to try that. I figured love growths had something to do with it.

Isn't pursuit a soldier skill for Faval and, after her promotion, Patty?

In any case, you could probably do better than passing Prayer down. To an archer.

In any case, you could probably do better than passing Prayer down. To an archer.

You think I don't know that? I'm gonna do my best to try to not let it happen next time. (I pretty much decided to wing it for now.)

Oh, you did know that. Sorry.

Sorry about that. It's just mainly I wasn't expecting the pairing to happen so soon. (Seeing as it's my first time playing FE4. And the prayer skill was too luck based for my liking.)

Sorry about that. It's just mainly I wasn't expecting the pairing to happen so soon. (Seeing as it's my first time playing FE4. And the prayer skill was too luck based for my liking.)

Prayer is an awesome skill. It can make Sylvia looks invincible in the Arena. >.>

Fin retreats when you kill him.

So, just kill him.

Prayer is an awesome skill. It can make Sylvia looks invincible in the Arena. >.>

IF, and only IF the enemy attacks leave her with like 1-7 hit points - which usually doesn't happen.

Edited by Anborn Arsar

IF, and only IF the enemy attacks leave her with like 1-7 hit points - which usually doesn't happen.

Lol, usually I calculate the damage first. >.>

Faval and Brigid only have Pursuit because of their Archer/Sniper class. Patty only gets it after she promotes. Fin/Brigid is actually a very good pairing, due to it being easy to make, and Patty could definitely use Prayer seeing as she gets herself nearly killed so often.

I found a trick to make Prayer units beat anything in the arena - all she needs is some source of hp recovery that heals a fairly small amount of hp. Can be Life Ring, a castle, a low-Mag healer with a Live staff (like Nanna), whatever you want. If she loses an arena battle, she will end up at 1hp. Take note of how much damage the enemy does, then restore her hp to the point where she would end up at a good Prayer point after a certain amount of hits. For example, if an enemy does 15 damage to her, make her recover until she has 16 or so. Then put her in the arena and enjoy your 110% avo bonus. I recommend letting her use some cheap sword, since she's pretty much invincible anyway.

As for her stats being crappy, they aren't.

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=pattyfin&game=4x

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=pa...lyn&game=4x

The only difference I see is more hp/skl for Holyn!Patty, and more luk for Fin!Patty. If there's an advantage for Holyn as a father, it's nsignificant compared to her having Pursuit before promotion. And she'll be the same before and after promotion anyway: crappy fighter before, awesome afterwards.

For Faval, anytime he needs more anything, he can use Ichieval for auto-win, it's as simple as that. And he can do above Prayer trick even easier than Patty, since equipping Ichieval gives him the Life skill.

How did you get Brigid/Fin? That's almost impossible for me.

You can get Fin to stay near the girl you want him with if you're pairing him.

If you're not pairing him either wait till turn 50 to capture Sivail or let the pirates kill Brigid then revive her.

If you're not pairing him either wait till turn 50 to capture Sivail or let the pirates kill Brigid then revive her.

High love growths. I heard you can do it if you manage to get them together by turn 20ish.

Fury with Return Staff might help.

Lol, usually I calculate the damage first. >.>

There are limited ways of manipulating it though. >_>

I didn't know at first, but as far as I can tell you, Bridget's with Tiltyu and Claude, meanwhile Finn was in the caste just waiting. I just basically did nothing, but now I know for a fact that this had something to do with it.

I didn't know at first, but as far as I can tell you, Bridget's with Tiltyu and Claude, meanwhile Finn was in the caste just waiting. I just basically did nothing, but now I know for a fact that this had something to do with it.

In what turn you conquered Silvail? 30?