Why is the death of a father needed for a main character to man up?

Masu

Why? In almost ANYTHING I have seen, Anime,Movie,Book and game, for some reason, the main character's father ALWAYS has to die before the main character grows up and becomes a hero. Why? Is it seriously THAT necessary? And If by some miracle the MC's dad IS alive, HES EVIL. Whats up with people and dads nowdays!?

FE6 didn't have the death. Just sickness, so the child would have to fend for themselves instead of coming crying to daddy.

But Hector died :/ (although Lilina isnt the MC but A FATHER STILL DIED D:)

Well... with "dad" not around, a guy is forced to be "the man of the house."

In Bleach, Ichigo's father is alive.... however, his mother is dead instead.

I bet you he will be evil XD

Actually... I spoiled it for myself...

he is apparently an ex-badass soulreaper.

oh thats OLD *watches the japanese version* but it would be hilarious if he's like "Sup Ichigo. Im evil" but i doubt he is since he was on good terms with urahara when

he killed the hollow that killed his wife

oh thats OLD *watches the japanese version* but it would be hilarious if he's like "Sup Ichigo. Im evil" but i doubt he is since he was on good terms with urahara when

he killed the hollow that killed his wife

Yea, I recall you and someone else jacked another person's Bleach thread. I don't have time to get obsessive and watch ahead of what Adult Swim shows. Online classes are gay like that.

Yea, I recall you and someone else jacked another person's Bleach thread. I don't have time to get obsessive and watch ahead of what Adult Swim shows. Online classes are gay like that.

Lol.

Yeah i would catch up in class but i fell behind recently. Havent been watching anime/reading manga in MONTHS

99% of the Gundam series also take part in this.

You see, Kamille's

parents deaths weren't the only thing that helped him to mature

If the MC's dad is still alive, then the main character can always go to them for help. It isn't very heroic to go home and ask dad for help. So they just need to get rid of that option in some way, like killing him, turning him evil, getting him sick.

This would explain why Shinji Ikari never manned up..........

Actually it doesn't much, as Gendo wasn't active in his role as a father.

Oh oh! How about another example of a male main character who doesn't need the death of a father to man up? Vash the Stampede!

He technically lost his mother figure, which supports my statement. He is also not manly, he is goofy and whines a lot, but his awesomeness makes up for that.

Edited by Bohemund