FE2 Tips

General Spoon

Okay, so I'll play it on easy mode then I guess.

Also, there are five chapter's in the game? Or is it five for each group or something?

How good is the patch on this site?

It's more 5 parts than chapters.

As for the patch...Dunno, didn't need it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I'll play it on easy mode then I guess.

Also, there are five chapter's in the game? Or is it five for each group or something?

How good is the patch on this site?

Dunno. Hoping that the Ragnorok bug got fixed. You couldn't use Excalibur with that glitch either.

Edited by Laylea

Slow grinding is probably the whole point, to get players to move on earlier and to require them to play story missions and to get them to use better tactics to make up for not being as leveled up.

There's a difference between better tactics and being unable to beat the enemy. The enemy grows MUCH faster than you in normal mode. Even with better equipment, the enemy will eventually stomp you no matter what.

I'd rather just not grind at all and play the game early. The idea of grinding being so slow that it's discouraging doesn't fit with the game being eventually unbeatable without grinding. They collide into eachother to become a nexus of unfun.

I'd rather just not grind at all and play the game early. The idea of grinding being so slow that it's discouraging doesn't fit with the game being eventually unbeatable without grinding. They collide into eachother to become a nexus of unfun.
People would be surprised how rewarding it feels to grind sometimes if you love a game enough.

Besides that, from my experience playing FE2, you probably don't need to *grind*, more or less level up instead. To me, grinding is the act of leveling up to unnecessary extents.

Edited by Chainey

People would be surprised how rewarding it feels to grind sometimes if you love a game enough.

Besides that, from my experience playing FE2, you probably don't need to *grind*, more or less level up instead. To me, grinding is the act of leveling up to unnecessary extents.

It can feel rewarding, when it doesn't practically make you.

I still have to grind a couple levels just to make par. Not to mention, leveling is just sooooo sloooow in this game.

Perhaps I just lack patience.

too bad the Falcoknight class kinda sucks so Est's not getting good stats compared to the classes that hit tier 3, meaning Est's stats are even more meh

I'm confused. Falcoknights completely rip monsters a new one and the pegasus sisters have some of the best growths in the game (well given the shit growths that is most FE2 units). When you remember an important fact...

...the angel ring doubles stat games (say I was going to gain 1 strength, i'll now gain 2).*

Add that to the fact Zombies are basically walking EXP piles and Est can catch up pretty quickly.

As for tips. What I bolded should be beared in mind as well as.

-Remember the Lion Heads and use them well. I'm sorry I never did get round to translating their text or level up stat gains for that matter :( so you'll to bear with cave speak if you use the patch.

-I remember a retreat option but I don't remember there being a penalty for using it.

-When playing easy mode items can be traded between parties on the world map. Normally they have to be put into a storage box.

*-Either grind Thieves in the Thief Shrine or just bear with the one that Kauta comes with.

If memory serves, their Drain spell costs nothing, but suffers a bit in the accuracy department.

Resire. You're talking about Resire.

And yes, it wasthe only exception (since it sucked HP, huh), and had like 50% accuracy.

Falcoknights completely rip monsters a new one

Monsters aren't the only thing that exist.

and the pegasus sisters have some of the best growths in the game

Est's growths still aren't that great, and she's handicapped by Tier 2.

...the angel ring doubles stat games (say I was going to gain 1 strength, i'll now gain 2).*

Because Est so totally gets a monopoly on something so stupidly overpowered.

Endgame x Laylea OTP.

Doesn't work. FE2's not a "REAL" Fire Emblem game, remember? Endgame would shun the lover of "THAT ABOMINATION".

On-topic: Who fails more? Cliff or Robin?

Edited by Shiva

Robin?

Cliff actually has w1n growths. Robin, omfg, he sucks. Starts okay. But sucks once everybody else levels.

Hey, FE2's always been the most iffy for me. Plus, you don't see many tier lists and such to go by, unsurprisingly, for FE2. -_-

Can mages and healers kill themselves?

In the beginning, yes. But later in the game there are shields and accessories that can recover their lost HP every turn. Though they will gain more accuracy in their Rezaia spells later on and having them dish out more dmg than they can take.

Doesn't work. FE2's not a "REAL" Fire Emblem game, remember? Endgame would shun the lover of "THAT ABOMINATION".

On-topic: Who fails more? Cliff or Robin?

Robin. He suffers at Def and Str issues. He would have to promote to his last class to make him any good.

Robin?

Cliff actually has w1n growths. Robin, omfg, he sucks. Starts okay. But sucks once everybody else levels.

Robin suks without many class changes.

As for Cliff, it is best to make him either a Mercenary, or Mage from his starting class.

As a Mercenary, once that he becomes a Magic Knight, he will pretty much become the best sword wielding unit in the game.

As a Mage, he can pretty much become the best Mage in Alm's group. He even learns Arrow, Excalibur, Aura. Both Excalibur and Aura at once. Spells that others except him cannot learn at once. Yes. I usually like making him a Mage due to these reasons alone. Plus he gets h4x stats, especially in a stat that almost never grows on many characters, which is Def.