Pale Flower of Darkness criteria question...

WyvernSageLord

Alrighty, here's the thing. At one point, I was mainly intent in going to the Kenneth Chapter so here's what I did:

I promoted my fighting force, Guy, Dorcas, Bartre, and Raven earlier than they should have and then I continued to level up Erk, Lucius, Serra, Priscilla and whonot to 20, hoping I'd get to the Kenneth stage.

However, this clearly was a mistake because I was sent to the Jerme stage. Exactly how much of a boost in "level" do promotions give to the promoted one? Or is there another factor I'm missing here...?

Well, you see, what you did would have taken you to the Jerme level. Suppose you promote the physical units at level 10, then they're level will jump from 10 to 21. And if you promote the magical units at level 20, they're level would only go from 20 to 21. So it's very likely that your physical units would all be around ten levels higher than the magical units by the time you reach the chapter, thus making you go to the Jerme route. It doesn't matter if you trained the magic unpromoted units between level 10 to 20 since once they promote, they'll be considered to be at level 21 no matter what.

What I'm saying is that you did the exact opposite of what you should have done to face Kenneth. If you say, promoted your magical units early and promoted your physical units late instead, then you would get the Kenneth chapter.