• FE3 Mystery of the Emblem
    • FE4 Geneology of the Holy War
    • FE5 Thracia 776
    • FE6 Sword of Seals
    • FE7 Blazing Sword
    • FE8 Sacred Stones
    • FE9 Path of Radiance
    • FE10 Radiant Dawn
    • FE11 Shadow Dragon (for the few new changes)

A bit off topic here, but wouldn't you say that FE7 is the most "behind the scenes" Fire Emblem? By behind the scenes, I mean behind the scenes to most of the people on the continent.

I noticed it myself as I was playing through the game the first time how the proportion of the problem isn't overly spread out like most others. I think that it increases the appeal of Eliwood's tale more; it's more of a personal battle than a 'someone has to do it and it so happens that it's this guy' battle.

Not that it means much coming from me, but FE 9 & 10, especially 10. I loved the characters of FE 9 (Shinon <3) and I liked the overall storyline to Radiant Dawn. If they'd spent more time on the actual personalities of the Fail Dawn Brigade, it would've been even more awesome.

Well to elaborate more: I like the twists and turns of the storyline and how things connected together in the end. The three tier promotions and all of the benefits that come with them were also pretty win.

Edited by Leyla Garcia

FE4. The only game that I've played in my life that has ever made me come close to crying. THAT was totally and completely unexpected. Best plot-twist ever. 2nd gen... haven't finished yet. Kinda confusing, because I never payed attention on the family ties on the 1st gen. Plot-wise is...

Levin telling you that you have to fight all the way

but then again, I've yet to finish the epilogue, so... definetly deserves a re-play.

Close second FE9. Very good story, moving plot-twists. Volke... who would have thought.

Edited by Legault

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

FE 7 for me. It was the first Fire Emblem game I really got into, plus it was litterally the first game that almost made me cry. When Leila and Ninian died, I almost bawled.

I'd say 9-10 tie for 2nd place. I think I would've cried if Lucia died though. I kinda expected her to early on because FE is the first game I've ever known to be unfair.