• Lowen
    • Marcus
    • Isadora

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got doubled by Nergy. XD

Is it even possible for Nergal to double anyone (barring characters that haven't been leveled)?

EDIT: Oh, right. I voted for Marcus.

Edited by Musashi

I say Kent in this case; he's really not as bad a unit as many people make him out to be. But in general, most of this game's horseback units are pretty crappy (Rath, Lowen, Isadora, and Sain being cases in point), so that's not saying a whole lot. I'd say that Marcus goes in the second place slot.

I say Kent in this case; he's really not as bad a unit as many people make him out to be. But in general, most of this game's horseback units are pretty crappy (Rath, Lowen, Isadora, and Sain being cases in point), so that's not saying a whole lot. I'd say that Marcus goes in the second place slot.

True, Kent isn't the worst one, Lowen is.

He has really bad growths exept for defense.

Lowen and Sain are considered better than Kent, and they're all high tier, basically.

He has really bad growths exept for defense.

True, Lowen isn't the worst one, Kent is.

He has really bad growths except for Skill.

True, Lowen isn't the worst one, Sain is.

He has really bad growths except for Strength.

Both of you are wrong. Lowen, Sain, or Kent isn't the worst paladin; Isadora is.

She has mediocre durability with her rather low HP and Defense, and many weapons slow her down due to her having a low con. Her offense isn't that much better.

Both of you are wrong. Lowen, Sain, or Kent isn't the worst paladin; Isadora is.

She has mediocre durability with her rather low HP and Defense, and many weapons slow her down due to her having a low con. Her offense isn't that much better.

I wasn't actually saying that they were the worst. I was being sarcastic.

Lowen and Sain are considered better than Kent, and they're all high tier, basically.

He has really bad growths except for Skill.

He has really bad growths except for Strength.

Seriously, Lowen is worst cavalier in all the whole Fire Emblem series, these are Kent, Sain & Lowen's gowths in comparison:

Kent: 85%(HP) 40%(Str) 50%(Skill) 45%(Spd) 20%(Luck) 25%(Def) 25%(Res)

Review: Kent is a really cavalier, he has balanced stats, his Str growth is avarage, not good or bad, he will probally reach 13-16 of str at level 20 unpromoted, speed will get a littl e higher than that and not to mention his skill.

Sain: 80%(HP) 60%(Str) 35%(Skill) 40%(Spd) 35%(Luck) 20(Def) 20%(Res)

Review: You are pretty good, good str, avarage speed but considering it, you have terrible skill and skill growth and people favorite you among the other crappy cavaliers.

Lowen: 90%(HP) 30%(Str) 30%(Skill) 30%(Spd) 50%(Luck) 40%(Def) 30%(Res)

Review: You have good luck, it would give you evasion, sure, but you are not going anywhere with that crappy spd growth, you have a terrible Str growth, I doubt you will do damage to enemies that appear kater on the game, you have defense, but that is not enough...you suck, I can't believe people choose you over Kent.

Seriously people, look at those sucky growths, they suck, there is nothing good about Lowen.

Seriously, Lowen is worst cavalier in all the whole Fire Emblem series, these are Kent, Sain & Lowen's gowths in comparison:

Kent: 85%(HP) 40%(Str) 50%(Skill) 45%(Spd) 20%(Luck) 25%(Def) 25%(Res)

Review: Kent is a really cavalier, he has balanced stats, his Str growth is avarage, not good or bad, he will probally reach 13-16 of str at level 20 unpromoted, speed will get a littl e higher than that and not to mention his skill.

Sain: 80%(HP) 60%(Str) 35%(Skill) 40%(Spd) 35%(Luck) 20(Def) 20%(Res)

Review: You are pretty good, good str, avarage speed but considering it, you have terrible skill and skill growth and people favorite you among the other crappy cavaliers.

Lowen: 90%(HP) 30%(Str) 30%(Skill) 30%(Spd) 50%(Luck) 40%(Def) 30%(Res)

Review: You have good luck, it would give you evasion, sure, but you are not going anywhere with that crappy spd growth, you have a terrible Str growth, I doubt you will do damage to enemies that appear kater on the game, you have defense, but that is not enough...you suck, I can't believe people choose you over Kent.

Seriously people, look at those sucky growths, they suck, there is nothing good about Lowen.

Sain's skill growth of 35% is terrible? Lowen's growths, all 30 or above, suck?

You're obviously not getting something here. Lowen has decent bases, and acceptable enough growths to keep him as a reasonable tank the entire game. And no, Lowen can and will still damage enemies throughout the entire game even with a 'bad' str growth of 30%. I still think Sain is better for the obvious offensive advantage, but if your entire analysis rests on the premise that any growth rate < 40% is bad, then there's a problem with that analysis.

Edited by Duff Ostrich

Kent doesn't reach Lowen's base str until lv 3-4. He doesn't reach Lowen's base def until lv 9. Lowen and Kent have the same base spd. Lowen's bases are much better.

With both at lv 8, Kent and Lowen have the same str, and Kent has only about a point and a half more spd on average, and even that's partially negated by Lowen's higher con. Meanwhile, Lowen has 2-3 more def and 3-4 more hp. Lowen is easily better.

Later on, the vast majority of enemies are incredibly easy to kill (facing level 9 enemies when my units are lv 18-20? Are you serious, FE7?), so even poor offense can take them out, but there are still a lot of them, so you need defense to live through them, and Lowen excels in that.

Might as well check how much Lowen's offense sucks in lategame if I did so for Marcus.

Let's say 20/10 Lowen. 16 Str, and 16 Spd that doesn't really get weighed down because of 12 con. o roughly 22-27 atk (22 being Javelin, 27 being Killer Axe).

Victory or Death has largely L16 unpromoted and L8 promoted enemies with some exceptions. Looking at initial enemies, not the unpromoted ones since he does already get those:

hp/str/skl/spd/def/res

Warrior:

54/21/13/11/10/5 - Silver Axe

55/23/13/12/9/7 - Silver Axe

52/21/13/13/10/6 - Devil Axe/Killer Bow

Lowen DAs them all as long as the third one keeps his Devil Axe equipped. He does 17-18 damage per hit with Killer Axe, so he will have to rely on a crit here. It takes 36 atk to actually one-round these though, which very few people have.

Paladin:

45/15/12/13/13/10 - Silver Lance

This time 28 atk (+1 from WTA), but a hard time doubling due to the 13 AS, and more def. Lowen 3RKOs, in fact, if he doesn't crit.

Druid:

35/23/12/13/7/17 - Fenrir/Nosferatu

Easy ORKO due to it being massively weighed down (lol 3 AS with Fenrir). Same with Bishops, which are about as good if not worse defensively.

Sniper (all Silver Bow)

42/15/16/12/10/8

41/18/14/12/9/9

41/16/14/11/9/8

41/16/15/10/9/7

42/16/17/12/9/8

39/16/16/12/10/9

Lowen does just manage to double them. 27 atk does 34 to the 9 def ones though, and 32 to the 10 def ones, which sadly is not enough for the KO.

Hero

44/15/19/15/13/9 (Silver Sword, Hand Axe)

46/15/18/15/13/9 (Silver Axe, Light Brand)

44/15/17/16/14/8 (Silver Axe)

Too fast for Lowen to double even if they lose 2 AS from Silver Axe/Hand Axe. So basically much like the Paladin, except no WTA, and maybe even WTD. A crit might not even KO them: 42 damage with a Killer Axe crit to the 13 def ones, and that's without WTD.

General

43/18/11/6/21/10 (Silver Lance)

If my calcs are right, Lowen has roughly 38 atk on these with a Hammer and WTA, but that's still only 34 damage with a double. A Killer Axe whack would do only 7 damage, so even a double crit would not kill them, unless he is supported by like Harken or Rebecca.

Wyvern Lord

48/21/15/13/16/6 (Silver Lance)

48/23/14/12/16/7 (Silver Lance)

Even worse, since Lowen now is much less likely to double. He does 5 more per hit, 15 more per crit, but they also have 5 more hp, and they cannot be Hammered.

I prefer Sain on NM. His durability is good enough to survive on his own and he onerounds pretty much everything due his insane strength.

On HM, it's Marcus for obvious reasons.

And because I'm a pussy who likes normal mode, I voted Sain.

Sain's skill growth of 35% is terrible? Lowen's growths, all 30 or above, suck?

You're obviously not getting something here. Lowen has decent bases, and acceptable enough growths to keep him as a reasonable tank the entire game. And no, Lowen can and will still damage enemies throughout the entire game even with a 'bad' str growth of 30%. I still think Sain is better for the obvious offensive advantage, but if your entire analysis rests on the premise that any growth rate < 40% is bad, then there's a problem with that analysis.

It is good...for theives and myrmidons :P .

I know of at least two in the entire series that are worse than he is. If you're going to hate Lowen, do it right.

I am doing right, if you want to do a porttrait for your avatar...make yourself a favor and do it right.

I am doing right, if you want to do a porttrait for your avatar...make yourself a favor and do it right.

You didn't exactly do a very good job of backing up your claim that Lowen is the worst cavalier in the series (Seriously? Have you even bothered to play the rest of the series?). And the fact that you're bashing Chainey's avatar instead of responding doesn't help your case.

I am doing right

There are worse Cavaliers in the series. Roshea (FE1/DS and FE3 Book 2 versions), Vyland, and Matthis come to mind immediately. These guys don't even have the availability Lowen has and don't have much to make up for it. Lowen actually gets time to himself where he can grow and be used.