Just got this game and...

Gamer7625

I have a Guidebook but I would like to know some charecters I should train up explain why. Also the extra chapters were we can acess if we have a certain amount of units....should I do any of them or just when should I do them which ones should I do.

I have a Guidebook but I would like to know some charecters I should train up explain why. Also the extra chapters were we can acess if we have a certain amount of units....should I do any of them or just when should I do them which ones should I do.

Marth (duh)

Barst

Abel

Cain

Frey (if playing piss easy normal mode)

Catria

Merric

Lena (hammerne staff, only person that can use it)

Oguma (Barst and Cord can end up better though)

Cord

Wolf (Broken)

Sedgar (WAY too broken)

Xane

Go for the gaidens if you want, I often go to them because there's no point in keeping more than 15 units alive if you're not going to use them, better to get EXP for those you are using.

Edited by Levin

Start a new file on H5 and check the enemy stats...

Just wanna do a little test here.

Also, of course, some characters may have been switched around, so it's very possible some characters who might have been viable now suck and the other way around, but we'll wait for confirmation on that. Use who TM suggested.

Her personal weapon is quite useful. Her stats (besides skill and speed) are weak, but the Wing Spear makes up for that in the early chapters. By the time her usefulness disappears Catria is just around the corner. You can kill Shiida/Caeda off when that times comes.

Her personal weapon is quite useful.

Yeah.

...Except it's not. Effective boost against cavs. Anybody competent is killing cavs so I am not impressed. Armors are a little harder, but again, good units won't have too much trouble by the time they actually start showing up.

but the Wing Spear makes up for that in the early chapters

whut

It's LESS useful in the early chapters due to almost no cavs, never mind WTD on axes

bows also, so Shiida's kinda getting raped no matter what she does in these early chapters you claim she is useful in

By the time her usefulness disappears Catria is just around the corner.

If it ever existed, it was LONG before that.

You can kill Shiida/Caeda off when that times comes.

In other words, right away.

We are talking about NM, right? Her HP and def don't hurt her much in the beginning.

I thought she was useful when ganging up on/stopping reinforcements in certain chapters. Reinforcements are practically always cavaliers and maybe a horsemen or two. She can kill those horsemen in one go thanks to her weapon and AS, so she shouldn't be worried about those unless two pop up simuntaniously (does that ever happen)? She can survive two cavaliers in most situations, so I never worried about that too much.

As for armors? Those are annoying the first eight chapters or so when weakness hitting weapons aren't that common yet. So yeah, Wing Spear helps.

Again, if it's normal mode most units can be of some use. There is no penalty for using Sheeda for the first half of the game and replacing her later on with another unit.

Her HP and def don't hurt her much in the beginning.

yes, it does? We're talking about the earlygame here. Never mind that she didn't get any prologue levels so she's WAY behind.

Furthermore, earlygame is by far the roughest spot on NM.

I thought she was useful when ganging up on/stopping reinforcements in certain chapters.

...She's actually one of the worst suited for this job due to poor durability. If I want somebody to stop reinforcments I'll use somebody who can kill them AND who isn't made out of paper.

She can kill those horsemen in one go thanks to her weapon and AS,

So can anybody else worth a damn, what's your point?

She can survive two cavaliers in most situations,

so can anybody else worth a damn

Those are annoying the first eight chapters or so when weakness hitting weapons aren't that common yet.

not really?

you make it sound like they're nessacary for some reason. Steel/silver works fine. Barst is even doing it with Iron.

Again, if it's normal mode most units can be of some use.

even friggin CAPTAIN GORDIN is usable so I don't know how this is supposed to justify shiida's suck but okay

There is no penalty for using Sheeda for the first half of the game and replacing her later on with another unit.

Why use a crappy unit like her in the first place?

yes, it does? We're talking about the earlygame here. Never mind that she didn't get any prologue levels so she's WAY behind.

Furthermore, earlygame is by far the roughest spot on NM.

...She's actually one of the worst suited for this job due to poor durability. If I want somebody to stop reinforcments I'll use somebody who can kill them AND who isn't made out of paper.

So can anybody else worth a damn, what's your point?

so can anybody else worth a damn

not really?

you make it sound like they're nessacary for some reason. Steel/silver works fine. Barst is even doing it with Iron.

even friggin CAPTAIN GORDIN is usable so I don't know how this is supposed to justify shiida's suck but okay

Why use a crappy unit like her in the first place?

My god, man are you bad at arguing! You pretty much only say 'except it's not...' and flame the other person.

@Tamara: I actually forgot about the Wing Spear, so she doesn't fail as much as I said with it. She does make a good mage though

As a mage, her magic growth is as high (low?) as her strength growth as a pegasus knight, right? I want to try that sometime. Mine got good strength one playthrough so I made her an archer. It worked well enough and she even helped me finish endgame in one turn that time.

@Sweet Tooth: you don't get the point. If someone wants to use Shiida for whatever reason on NM, then he should. NM isn't that hard, so there are ways to make her useful. Your way of playing isn't the only way to enjoy the game.

Edited by Tamara

@Sweet Tooth: you don't get the point. If someone wants to use Shiida for whatever reason on NM, then he should. NM isn't that hard, so there are ways to make her useful. Your way of playing isn't the only way to enjoy the game.
This. People can use crappy characters if they want to. They just shouldn't claim she's an excellent unit or say things like Sniper Sheeda being able to solo H5 and other nonsense like that.

This. People can use crappy characters if they want to. They just shouldn't claim she's an excellent unit or say things like Sniper Sheeda being able to solo H5 and other nonsense like that.

Like how I use Jeorge?

This. NM's too easy, you can beat it with characters promoted at lvl 10.

Off-topic but, has any1 besides me ever felt sleepy during their first NM playthrough?

Edited by Levin

Like how I use Jeorge?

Jeorge is actually good, though [despite his being locked to bows], best prepromote not named Sedgar/Wolf and better than a good deal of unpromotes.

-Usable out of the gate

-Low str, high speed, works for him since lolNM

-Needs a lot less EXP to not fail

His durability is rather yuck, but not yuck enough to hold him back.

And even if his offense isn't sufficent without the bow, there's a freebie silver bow in C10 he won't mind since his only real competition for it is lolGordin. Besides, you can always give him a forge, it's not like anybody else wants one.

Edited by Sweet Tooth