An Art Section.

Zoa

As I said elsewhere, I will soon be implementing a gallery. There you can upload your works and comment on other's.

I am reasonably convinced that spriting is actually impossible unless you are simply editing pre-made sprites. Then it's no fun.

But, I would do fanart! It sounds like fanatic almost...

Um...

<- points to avatar that Blackavar made.

Once in a while, I do make my own sprites from scratch (such as my avatar currently.) :) Even Battle sprites (well, I only made one), but I don't think me alone will be enough to, errr, create a seperate sprite section. That and I also don't base myself in sprites.

But, hey, if it's going to be made from scratch, it's considered art so might as well just stick it in with your other fanart. No biggy.

<- points to avatar that Blackavar made.

Yes, but... I like making my own avatars, thank you very much. There's no fun for me in having other people do stuff for you, especially if it's something you can do (every one can draw, just at different levels of accomplishment. The important part is to be proud of your work).

Once in a while, I do make my own sprites from scratch

But, hey, if it's going to be made from scratch, it's considered art so might as well just stick it in with your other fanart. No biggy.

When you say from scratch, you really mean based off of pre existing sprites just with changes to the way to clothes and hari, etc. look, right?

Anyway, I used to do a bit of sprite stuff, but it all turned out poorly because, and I maintain this is true, creating sprites purely from scratch is impossible. The Japanese guys steal theirs from... ones that are already made. Yeah.

I'm pretty sure Blackavar had to do a lot of hard work to make the face-sprite. If you can't tell, it looks almost like an exact replica of an in-game fire emblem sprite, and yet there are no recognizable parts used from any other character's sprites on first glance.

When you say from scratch, you really mean based off of pre existing sprites just with changes to the way to clothes and hari, etc. look, right?

No, I mean off of nothing. >__> I do it right off of MSPaint. Anyways, if I'm trying to do a certain style, I'll use whatever sprite as reference but still work off of nothing.

Eventually though, we'll probably end up with some kind of Fanworks or Original works section for anything you made, like sprites, art, fiction, music etc. This is only a small forum for now, so we'll just have one section dedicated to all those.