Knights of the Memnar chapter 1

Serene

Okay due to no one downloading it besides two people I've decided to make it readable here. So here it is:

Knights of the Memnar

By

Lord Knight

Note: Memnar is pronounced Mem-nar

Section one: The Twilight Knight

Oh Memory, Oh Memory

May thy light shine bright

Oh Memory, Oh Memory

May thy keep you in light

Oh, Memory, Oh Memory

You keeper is no more

Oh Memory, Oh Memory

For she has reached the unearthen Shore

Oh Memory, Oh Memory

Nevertheless, she shall live once more

Oh Memory, Oh Memory

Chapter 1: The Beautiful Lie

Marius a voice called from the veil of darkness. The voice sounded feminine to the body that was standing in a virtual limbo. The body was that of a longed armed male. He had the eyes of clear hazel. His hair made his appearance age older than what he actually was (age 16) his hair was similar to that of quicksilver. He was the only one in partially the entire world to have that hair color at birth. Marius had muscles, but he was not ripped by any stretch of the imagination.

Marius you are the Knight that will cut through the eventual darkness that will silence us all, the voice echoed. Marius unable to reply continued to listen to the whispers that sounded further than they actually were. You are one with the darkness and with the light; you shall be the bringer to the end of everything, even the ones that you love.

Marius continued to float but a hint of shock was in the air around his motionless body. What is she saying, Marius thought to himself as he continued to listen.

You are the Knight that shall find himself at worlds end with the one that he loves, she continued. Both you and she shall be the key that shall turn the tide of a war that shall span many worlds.

Marius then woke up in a shock, alarm clock buzzing as it was now time for him to get up and face the world that hated him so. The world seemed to have a vendetta on him for a past life. He was liked by little, and hated by more; it seemed that no one wanted to know about him. He constantly went to school just to try to excel with his life, but even that seemed impossible, for he always did badly at test and barely pass anything that he did. He felt like he could find nothing that he was good at doing.

Marius got up out of his bed and headed to the closet that was near his bed. The door opened with a demanding boom. Inside were all of his shirts that he had to wear (ten), and his pants that he wore (seven). Also in there was a little surprise for anyone that wanted to find something that were rather personal to Marius, also what could be his exit from this world.

He changed rather quickly and figured that since his alarm does not go off until about seven, and that the bus he rides because he does not have a license yet, gets to the nearest stop (a mile) at about quarter to eight. Marius decided that there was no time for a normal breakfast, because he also had to pick up from a long night on the computer working on something that he knew was bound to fail in English class. He picked up the twenty papers that he had for the assignment and stow them away in his black backpack. Walking down the halls of his house, he forgot how quiet it was inside during the morning. For his parents were both at work around five in the morning. Marius headed to the kitchen that was rather small for a house this size and grabbed the leftover hotdogs from last night and put them on a paper plate. Marius left the house to a slam of the door that the hearing impaired would have heard.

Walking across his driveway to the nearest stop, he noticed something out of the ordinary. There was a girl around his age walking near him, this girl was dressed nearly the same as Marius, a basic green shirt with blue jeans. This girl had some of the strangest hair color choice that Marius has ever seen (next to himself) her hair color was that dark almost blood red like pink. Her eyes were that of the deepest blue almost like the ocean. She was as tall as Marius (5’8”) was and had looked like a B cup from Marius’s standpoint.

No acne or any sort of facial blemishes upon her, save one scar that went down her arm in a slash-like fashion, almost like a knife pierced and dragged itself through her skin. Pouring all the blood out of her in the process.

“Hello,” Marius said as he finally had the will to strike up a discourse. “Are you new around here, I’ve never seen you before that’s why I’m asking.”

“Yes actually I’m new,” the girl said as they continued to walk.

Something about this girl made Marius think that he had seen her before, in a distant almost faint sort of way. “I figured that you were heading to a bus stop so I decided to follow you there,” she said as they neared the stop. “By the way, my name is Zelika. May I have to pleasure to ask what your name is?”

“My name is Marius Tenchi,” Marius replied. “But please call me Marius.”

“Okay then Marius,” Zelika replied with a giggle as she looked up at the sky. It got dark all of the sudden. Zelika then changed a bit and acted all fierce and worried. “This isn’t good. It looks like it’s going to rain.”

“I don’t think that’s it’s going to rain anytime soon,” Marius proclaimed as he noticed the excite same thing and pictured something different. “Though I like it dark like this. It makes me feel at home.”

“I have to agree with you on that,” Zelika said as her prediction was right and it did start to rain. “This isn’t good.”

“What’s the matter Zelika,” Marius asked as they continued to walk, unbothered by the rain, but agitated by some outside force. “A little water isn’t going to harm you.”

“Ah but I will young Knight,” a voice called from out of the distance. A dark figure appeared from the forest in the foreground.

This man had a sense of evil in the air. He was wearing nothing but black, even his hair was a shade of jet black. His eyes were blood red, almost bleeding. He was wielding something of odd shape, a sword. Zelika staggered back out of a being shocked. “Ah Zelika,” the man said. “I’m a little disappointed in this.”

“What do you mean by that,” Zelika yelled as the rumble of thunder pierced the eardrums of everyone around.

“I didn’t think that someone of your weak skill level would have been around to guard to believe Knight of Twilight,” he said again. “I was thinking that at least a High Knight would have been in charge, or the Lord Knight himself. I’m a little disappointed in you.”

“Don’t insult my skills Owen,” Zelika said as she made the air consolidate into a sword right before Marius. Amazed Marius staggered back a few feet before he regained composure. “I don’t even think that you are worth being fought by a High Knight let alone the Lord Knight himself. You are just another low rank Primadid symbiotic scum, and I along with one of the two fabled Knights of Twilight shall be the ones to end you pathetic existence in the name of the Memnar herself.”

She then turned to Marius while Owen was stunned by a ray of orange light that appeared from the tip of Zelika’s blade. “You must awaken the powers that were hidden inside of you from your birth. You are a Knight of the Memnar you must awaken your powers to defeat your foes,” she stated. “You are different because you are not like the mortal ones; you are a demi-god. You fear no death except the one that will come for you on the battlefield. For death is just a beautiful lie to us Knight. Now awaken the powers inside you by thinking that you are gripping a sword.”

Marius who knew that he could trust this girl, Zelika for some odd reason decided to concentrate as she did a bit earlier. He pictured a sword that was around three and a half feet, thin but built up enough so that it did not break on contact with a superior blade. The guard was a simple box shape design that made it a bit easier to wield. The hilt was made of a silver cloth similar to Zelika’s hilt.

After all, of this, he gripped the air, and a blade was found. He grabbed it with one hand, and charged in with full force on this Owen character that he knew nothing about. He lunged at him with all of his might, running faster than he had ever run before. Marius stabbed Owen with a force that was unparallel to anything that Owen had ever felt before. He died right on contact from the blade and the shot of orange like magic that exerted itself from the tip of his blade, in a similar fashion to that of Zelika’s blade except for the fact that hers stunned. Marius has provided the guarantee deathblow.

Owen fell to the ground with a demanding thump. The only thing that was happening with his body now was the constant drip of blood from the blow Marius instilled in him. Marius and Zelika dropped down from the air and sheathed their swords while heading to look over the dead body.

“Good work Marius,” Zelika said as she patted him in the back. “I didn’t expect that much power from one who had just received his abilities.”

“What in hell are you talking about Zelika,” Marius said. “I don’t understand a thing that you are saying. Can you at least tell me something before I agree with you? Because next time if there’s a crazed homicidal lunatic wielding a sword, I won’t fight!”

“I guess that I must tell you if you are to come with me to the closest thing to Shangri-la,” Zelika said, as a bright light appeared around them and teleported them away from the fight scene.

A few moments later the bus arrived to see the dead body, thinking that it was human he ordered the bus company to call the police and have them over here. Only one car came, inside the car was a person with grey hair, probably around his fifties but all the same. He told the driver to keep going and that he would handle it. After the bus left this man made the body disappear, he then teleported out of there in the similar fashion to that of Zelika and Marius but in a purple almost black color.

“Okay,” Marius said as they stood in a virtual limbo. “What’s going on here?”

“You are a Knight of the Memnar, you are one of the twelve souls in the entire universe that is chosen to become a demi-god,” Zelika started in, but before she could get another word in Marius opened his mouth.

“Universe,” Marius began. “The only planet that’s populated is Earth.”

“Not true,” Zelika replied. “There are many other populated planets that are inside this universe. The three most important, the ones that have been given the title The Three Worlds by the great Memnar are, Earth, Veil, the planet of the Tridogi Winged Knights or Avaunts as you will, also there are the Guardians, a lesser version of the Knights that take care of matters that the Knights keep out of. Finally, there is Arixia home to the Edgemasters and the Second Runners. I would go into more detail but I would only confuse you even more. You’ll find out more about Arixia and Veil later but for now let’s just stay with the basics.”

“Okay then,” Marius said as he tried to figure out what she had just recently said. “Who is this Memnar that you are talking about?”

“Do you believe in a god,” Zelika said with a worried face.

“Wait what,” Marius asked.

“I said do you believe in a god,” Zelika said, this time a little pissed off.

“No, I’m an Atheist,” Marius replied.

“Good,” Zelika said. “It would be a bad thing to find out that a Knight was in a religion. For the Memnar is the one a true god. There is nothing else besides that; there is not even a demi-god that watches over planets. Only the Memnar and his Knights. Which are the protectors of the main source of life in this universe?”

Zelika paused for a few seconds thinking about whether or not she should have said that. Then she blurted out “Memories. Memories are the main source of life in this universe.”

“Amazing,” Marius said. “And for the longest time the main source of life was chocolate pudding. THAT’S COMPLETE BULLSHIT!”

“It’s true,” Zelika replied. “When your forget memories all that really happens is that you find no use for them anymore, and they are sent to our dimension, to be used to be power for the universe. Since nearly an unlimited supply of memories exists everyday, it’s possible to make a world a better place with them.”

“So this Memnar,” Marius began. “He along with the Knights, they protect the memories?”

“To the most part, there are also guardians of the Memories that make sure that they get here correctly. The current one is a young girl who has lived nearly 1,000 years, named Mio.”

“Wait 1,000 years,” Marius, proclaimed. “And she’s still just a girl. How old does that make you?”

“I’m your age jackass.” Zelika proclaimed. “Though you don’t know me. I was born in Arixia and was supposed to become on of the top ranking Edgemasters in all of Marist, one of the five continents there.”

“Okay so if I come with you,” Marius began. “What would happen to my parents, they’d obviously notice that I was gone in merely an hour or so?”

“We have already done that,” Zelika said. “We made a double of you out of your own Memories. It is set to die in about five weeks because of suicide. Fits nicely to that noose that you have in your closet. Wanted to escape the pain of mortality didn’t you? Do not worry about it, the Knights live until they are dead because of combat. Most live till they are at least 1,000 years old.”

“Alright that makes sense,” Marius said while thinking. “Now who was that Owen guy?”

“He was a Primadid the main enemy to everything in the universe,” Zelika replied as a gate appeared. “I haven’t got time to explain it now. Once you are in Shangri-la, I shall tell you more. Now you have a choice to make. Either you come with me and become a Knight of the Memnar and battle to keep the universe intact, or you can stay home, wanting a way out, stuck in your meaningless life, ever plotting suicide.”

“Does it look like I want to stay in this miserable dump,” Marius proclaimed as he walked in front of Zelika. “I’m going with you.”

They both walked together side-by-side until they got to the gate. They entered in a planned unison that was never actually planned or thought out. Thus, they headed to Shangri-la the home of the Knights of the Memnar, and the Memnar himself.

End Chapter 1.

• 1 month later...

*bump* one of my old works for all you newcomers, if you want me to continue working on it, just let me know by your response to it. I still have it saved