The 81st Academy Awards

Media Junkie

The 81st Academy Awards happened last night and I have very mixed feelings. On one hand, Heath Ledger got Best Supporting Actor and Sean Penn got Best Actor, which I was excited about. Some aren't happy with those picks, but get over it, they earned their awards. On the other hand, I was a little pissed that neither Changeling, directed by the real Clint Eastwood, nor Frost/Nixon, directed by Ron Howard and my personal pick for Best Picture of 2008.

What are your thoughts?

I saw them and I agreed with alot of awards, though I wanted Frost/Nixon to win best picture.

Dark Knight should have taken best cinematography. And Defiance should have won that music award

I loled at Ben Stiller presenting the award

I didn't watch them.

Didn't want to, but Clint should have won MANY awards for Gran Turino (I'm not sure if it came out in time, or if he actually won awards, like I said I didn't watch it).

Like you Mr. Eastwood, Gran Torino IS my favorite movie.

Edited by FEFL

Gran Torino was predictable.

I knew the ending scene from the very beginning, knew why it happened when the little asian kid and his gangsta cousin were introduced, and knew how it happened the moment the kid was all mad-insane.

i was just sitting in the theater seeing what i knew was going to happen next.

I knew the ending scene from the very beginning, knew why it happened when the little asian kid and his gangsta cousin were introduced, and knew how it happened the moment the kid was all mad-insane.

So you are saying it was bad? I honestly thought that the annoying Asain gangster was going to die(you know the one I'm talking about, the dude that gave Thou the stink eye).

I thought it was funny that Walt couldn't pronounce their names. Yum-yum.

Edited by FEFL

So you are saying it was bad? I honestly thought that the annoying Asain gangster was going to die(you know the one I'm talking about, the dude that gave Thou the stink eye).

I thought it was funny that Eastwood couldn't pronounce their names. Yum-yum.

i wasn't saying it was bad. i was saying it wasn't as good as people make it out to be.

You can fuck off, although it's funny that the person bagging on Gran Torino is the only one who spelled it right.

The 81st Academy Awards happened last night and I have very mixed feelings. On one hand, Heath Ledger got Best Supporting Actor and Sean Penn got Best Actor, which I was excited about. Some aren't happy with those picks, but get over it, they earned their awards. On the other hand, I was a little pissed that neither Changeling, directed by the real Clint Eastwood, nor Frost/Nixon, directed by Ron Howard and my personal pick for Best Picture of 2008.

What are your thoughts?

I didn't actually see it, I saw a little bit on the news, comentary, "What the Buck?!", etc.

It was really great, I wasn't expecting such a show.