New GUNDAM series?

Magical CC

WOW!

Title: Unknown

Mechanic Design: Katoki Hajime

Character Design: Suzuki Tatsuya

Mobile Suit: Phantom Gundam Unit No.7

EARTH FEDERATION PHANTOM SWEEP TEAM

Hughes Curro: Male. Age 32. A veteran officer who leads the Phantom Sweep special forces unit charged with hunting for Zeon remnants. He has a bitter experience in which his unit was annihilated in the past.

Sherry Allison: Female. Age 24. She was serving as a test pilot but was assigned to the special forces unit as a replacement.

ZEON FORCES INVINCIBLE KNIGHTS

Erik Blanque (Blank): Male. Age 20. A young officer whose family is a distinguished family in the Principality of Zeon. He takes command of the “Invincible Knights” in order to execute a counterattack operation against the Earth Federation Forces.

Story: The time is Universal Century 0081. One year has passed since the war. Although the world was regaining order, small-scale battles continued in various places by the Zeon remnants who still continued to resist. During the situation, a veteran soldier of the Earth Federation Forces is appointed to a cleanup operation of the Zeon remnant forces. Feelings mix on the battlefield as the young Zeon officers advance their secret strategy for the revival of Zeon…

1235404508973gw0.th.jpg1235404695946ts7.th.jpg

All hail the mighty Zeon Empire!

Edited by Sulley

Like having a new gundam series is actually a surprise.

Character designs aren't anything special, but they're not bad.

And this could be really good, but wow, who came up with the unit names? Phantom Sweep and Invincible Knights? >_>

also, new mazinger yay BREAST FIRE

The good news is UC timeline's return together with Zeon ~

But some guys say that, it's just an OVA, not really a series.....

Edited by Sulley

It probably is an OVA. That seems like how they do it. UC gets OVAs, new series are AUs.

hmm, maybe. But at least, an UC OVA is better than an any other timeline OVA (not that S!t again)

But really, those name is kinda...lame...

Edited by Sulley

Sounds like it's revisiting the idea 0083 had in showing what kind of events went on before the Titans came around.

It's still good to see a new UC animation. New animation will likely better show how high performance some early UC machines can be.

Expecting some kind of 08th MS Team kind of stuff. And plotholes.
I'm getting more of a Stargazer vibe, but plotholes are a staple.
Since the Z movies were a retcon of the original series, expect this to continue that.
I doubt it. The Zeta Gundam movie retcons were done by Tomino himself, and even then aren't set in stone (making it safe to assume ZZ still exists especially when a lot of material takes account its existence).

There's really nothing this OVA can retcon. It's taking place in-between shows, so unless Zeon magically gets completely wiped out and 0083 and Zeta can't happen, then I highly doubt it's a retcon, unless it accidentally changes some minor aspects that can be attributed to being errors.

Edited by Chainey

I'm getting more of a Stargazer vibe, but plotholes are a staple.

As long as it is not somekind of 0083 plothole, I'm fine with it.

And is that purple haired guy supposed to be related to the Zabi Family?

I'm assuming purple hair is that Eric Blanque guy mentioned in the article.

What's this 0083 plot hole?

0083 mechas are more advanced than Z Gundam mechas.