Getting Gaiden Chapters On H5?

I've done it a few times. Horace is a good midgame tank, dunno about Athena, Etzel's my 3rd warp staff user and Ymir's there if I need some extra pole Axe user.

I'll say what I always say: There's no point in keeping characters you'll bench alive and you're better off going to the gaidens to get better EXP for those you ARE using.

There are some places, like the boss of chapter 3, where you almost have to lose characters. I really don't have a problem with letting some of my units die.
I'm the only one who found him easy? Save before fighting the boss, and give Ogma the Killing Edge (and get a critical). Finish him off with Barst. Then you win the chapter.

I'm the only one who found him easy? Save before fighting the boss, and give Ogma the Killing Edge (and get a critical). Finish him off with Barst. Then you win the chapter.

I didn't have any trouble with him, although I used a different tactic (can't remember what it was, lol). Then again, I've only been through H1, so what do I know?

I think a Steel/Iron/Devil Axe works, especially for accuracy purposes.

Also, breaking his hand axe would probably take... I'm going to guess like a million turns. Ogma takes a hit, retreats, gets healed like three times, and does that until the heal breaks. Then gets healed until the fort gets him to full HP. Unless you got Speed blessed, or Navarre can take a hit (can he? he's got 19 base HP so I'm not sure)

Edited by Nathan Graves

Devil Axe would have like 79% Accuracy, Steel would have 49% so how's that reliable? >_> Besides, your Axe users are going to get doubled, that's WAY too risky.

Navarre can take a hit, long as you have him hold an Iron Sword or nothing (this is assuming base stats).

Edited by Levin

I was referring to Killing Edge + Hand Axe + Map save. Besides, 79 turns into 91.39 true so it's reliable enough, although there's also the devil axe rate of backfire. But if you keep resetting via map save it shouldn't be too bad.

Sounds horrible. :S

I'd rather sacrifice a unit. I heard Athena has an accent so she should be interesting. :]

Oh God Athena talking... *cries and dies a little inside*

My God... its painful to read. I mean, if she had only one of her two speech issues it'd be fine. But speaking in 'the royal ve' is just... ow...