Lyle Dayek Chronicles: Lost Oddessy

Mufasa

Why? Because I'm bored.

And so, as of March 2nd, I have started Lost Oddessy. One of the first games I bought for the 360, after seeing that Tales of Vesperia was unavailable and the Gamestop employees shoved it down my throat.

You play as Kain. Who comes from the same school and gene pool as any of the Final Fantasy characters, and is a silent smug pretty boy, fresh out of the box. The game starts in the middle of an epic war between some evil knights of Saouron, and some guys in what looks like the remnants of Taxi cabs. After lengthy cut-scenes out of nowhere a scantily armored Kain jumps into the frey, killing 30 of Saouron’s minions, and a giant machine creature. Afterwards, a meteor comes to end the battle, seeing as the game designers got bored with the battle, and thus made mother nature interfere. Kain is the soul survivor of the meteor, and is thus sent to the council of Urha (Pronounced: OOORAH!) Which begins the plot. Oh. And the combat is turn based. As I predicted from the first time I saw Kain’s silky smooth skin on the box art.

So the reason of Kain’s immortality is just that. One of the dudes on the council apparently had a past relationship with Kain, and had cast a super secret spell of immortality on him, but don’t tell anyone the secret behind it, or else it will provide death to those who hear it! Kinda ironic huh? Oh yeah, apparently Kain has lost memory. Actually it does make sense that he can’t be killed. Because he’s the player character. Though, I doubt that that “immortality thing” will help in those particularly hard boss fights that are inevitable. Also, everyone in this game is, so far, ugly.