Easiest final boss ever?

I just beat this game, and I have a question as to how common my experience is.

First of all, I forgot about the very existence of Warp Staves, so it never occurred to me to teleport Marth up to Medeus. I'm not sure if that's even possible, but if so, it makes the endgame chapter even easier.

As is was, it took me 6 turns to fight my way to Medeus, and on the 7th turn Marth attacked with Falchion (as he was supposed to, I presume.) It turned out that his strength was high enough to do 30 damage to Medeus on each attack, and his speed was high enough to double-attack.

In short, in my experience, Medeus is the easiest final boss ever.

Yeah, I warped Frey and Marth up to Medeus on turn 1 of my first playthrough. Frey killed the manakete in front of Medeus and Marth did 33 damage twice. I beat the level in 1 turn. Yeah, I think he's the easiest ever.

In short, in my experience, Medeus is the easiest final boss ever.

Mmm. I would say Idoun. Because Roy has enough speed to double attack, and the Sealed Sword has like a 3x damage boost, thus being able to double hit 48's with just 20 str.

I laugh at how it takes an entire team of legendary weapon wielders to kill her, while Roy and Fa can solo the final boss.

Another easy boss is Formotilis from Sacred Stones. He has better stats then Idoun, but all sacred weapons have 2x boost, Sieglinde and Siegfreide have 3x boost, and due to the Tower of Valni and Ruins, it is insanely easy to level up all of your characters to 20/20

-On topic-

That's just broken. An unpromoted lord can kill something? xDI wouldn't know if Medeus is THAT easy or not, but basing upon your experience, I can guess SD shouldn't give me too much of a problem. Compared to games like Thracia, Shadow Dragon doesn't look so threatening.

Edited by Ryuzaki

I never even thought about using the Warp staff for that. >.< That would definitely make things even easier, but I still think that Idoun is the easiest.

Edited by Melodia

Idoun is the easiest final boss. But yeah, I always kill Medeus with a 1 turn strategy >_>.

Maybe I should inquire about easiest final chapters ever... Part of the challenge of some of them is just getting to the final boss (e.g. Ashnard and Ashera)

I should probably add that I haven't beaten FE6, but it doesn't surprise me that Roy can do to Idoun what Marth can do to Medeus. (FE1 and FE6 have a bit too much in common, I think.)

You know, I think this thread might actually belong in the General FE board, since I'm comparing Shadow Dragon's final boss to those of other FEs. My mistake...

First time, I didn't use the warp trick. I solo'd him with Paladin Catria using Gladivus (With Merric as a healer)

Second time, I used the warp trick and Sniper Abel critical'd him.

Yeah, he's easy, but I still think Idoun is the easiest final boss.

Someone never fought Fomortiis...

Everyone except thieves and assassins can possibly one round, several are able to real easily. Idoun's easy if you're having Roy fight her, otherwise she can be a bit troublesome.

That and she can actually hit you.

Was unaware you could fight him with other weapons (I figured if it's like the original, Marth would be the only one who could attack as everyone else would be too afraid to fight him), but even then he was pretty easy with Marth and his Falchion...Still harder than Idoun and Fomortiis though.

This was normal mode though.

Edited by Destiny Furry

Maybe I should inquire about easiest final chapters ever... Part of the challenge of some of them is just getting to the final boss (e.g. Ashnard and Ashera)

I should probably add that I haven't beaten FE6, but it doesn't surprise me that Roy can do to Idoun what Marth can do to Medeus. (FE1 and FE6 have a bit too much in common, I think.)

You know, I think this thread might actually belong in the General FE board, since I'm comparing Shadow Dragon's final boss to those of other FEs. My mistake...

FE6 also has the easiest final chapter.

The final chapter in this game's H5 is quite difficult if you don't know what you're doing. Specially if you lack Geosphere.

FE6 also has the easiest final chapter.

The final chapter in this game's H5 is quite difficult if you don't know what you're doing. Specially if you lack Geosphere.

Yeah, the geosphere makes endgame lol on normal mode. Leaves only Medius and the generals alive after all 3 uses. It's funky how endgame is hard to the point where it makes the geosphere have a point in existing.

Or we could suicide a certain unit, but I can't stand just suiciding my units. Hate this game's gaiden requirements

Edited by Destiny Furry

And what's with warp staves having unlimited range in this game? o_o

Their range didn't get limited until FE6.

Yeah, the geosphere makes endgame lol on normal mode. Leaves only Medius and the generals alive after all 3 uses. It's funky how endgame is hard to the point where it makes the geosphere have a point in existing.

Or we could suicide a certain unit, but I can't stand just suiciding my units. Hate this game's gaiden requirements

Doesn't Geosphere only have 13 might? I think I'm missing something here...

Edited by Navarre

Oh, it bypasses defense? And it can kill?

That it does. In H5, you want to use it to weaken the current enemies and kill the stinking Fortify priests. That is if you're not doing the 1 turn strategy. It's the chapter that's a problem, Medeus is easy unless you lack the good indirect units to use on him (if you're not using Divinestone and Falchion).

Edited by Levin

Yeah, he's easy, but I still think Idoun is the easiest final boss.

I agree. Idoun and Fomortiis were easy as hell. Roy and Fa can one-round the former, whereas the latter has about 8 weapons that are effective against him (not counting Slayer) and spends his first turn summoning monsters. But Idoun is still easiest.

Edited by Fayt Raybrandt

I agree. Idoun and Fomortiis were easy as hell. Roy and Fa can one-round the former, whereas the latter has about 8 weapons that are effective against him (not counting Slayer) and spends his first turn summoning monsters. But Idoun is still easiest.

Only if Fae has reached her speed cap though. (Which isn't likely through normal means, according to FEA.) But, heh.

I would say Medeus is like the Fire Dragon from FE7 in terms of gameplay. Finishable in one turn when ganged up on.

Edited by Little Al

Aum Staff.
It wasn't unlimited in FE4.
But it made sense in FE4 since the maps were huge there.

It wasn't unlimited in FE4.
Only being able to warp to castles you've captured is unlimited range now?

(Yes, I know what you mean, but still, limitations still exist).

Edited by Chainey

Damn, I must have been epicly screwed. On my first run (H1) Marth got doubled by Medeus. I was forced to have Wolf weaken the bastard for a while since he was the only one who wouldn't get one-rounded while still doing significant damage.

Damn, I must have been epicly screwed. On my first run (H1) Marth got doubled by Medeus. I was forced to have Wolf weaken the bastard for a while since he was the only one who wouldn't get one-rounded while still doing significant damage.

Normally it isn't a problem, but yeah..Medius is freaking fast. My Marth on normal had 21 speed, couldn't double him.

Idoun by far. My friend got screwed though. He didn't know that you couldn't do the end without getting all the legendary weapons. Fire Dragon i felt, could be tough, if you ignored hector. But you still get Athos, who can usually do it himself if he attacks and is rescued each turn.