Playing Kirby is really just playing Easy mode

Hero

The topic title says it all.

Kirby has an excellent moveset in this game, and is quick on top of that. The flying ability really counteracts most of the disadvantages his light weight brings. You can win matches as Kirby with half the thought and effort it takes with other characters.

Which game?

He is obviously talking about Kirby Super Star. Kirby is obviously the best character in that game after a human controlled TAC sidekick (who can heal himself to full at will by simply swapping powers), as he can switch between all the different powers. Metaknight isn't as good (hammer kirby>all) and none of the single-power characters in Helper-to-Hero have a decided advantage over Kirby.

At best, TAC Sidekick w/ hammer power > Kirby with hammer > Bonkers > All else

Playing Kirby without powers on true arena is quite difficult, however, probably the hardest in the game simply because the last few bosses spawn . If I cheat on the souped up metaknight boss (galactic swordsman guy) by using powers on him I can easily beat every other boss in true arena (including galactic marx dude) but I admit I have problems with the space-knight guy. Course, I haven't played that game in months...

@Brawl:

I do agree Kirby kicks ass but I don't really know where my skill level is compared to most people in the brawl world. I play consistently with 4 other people and have played semi-consistently (say once a week) with about 10. Outside of them I don't know how I rank.

Edited by SeverIan

His movement speed is nothing special, and even then movement speed isn't a great determinant of how good a character is in Brawl. Lots of characters can match his moveset, stand out more, or outlive him, recovery weight and all. Some can do all of them. He doesn't play defense generally and he's not fast enough to apply outstanding pressure in a great capacity on somebody who knows their stuff, so his alright priority, low lag, general immunity from chaingrabs, decent ability to get a hit from another hit and decent killing ability are just enough to keep him in the playing field against the really dumb stuff out there.

Edited by Mac

I was mainly just looking for reactions. I've been saying that Kirby is easy mode to rile up my usual Brawl partners, who are all Kirby freaks.

You have to admit, though, Kirby is a very powerful character with a pretty shallow learning curve. A first-time Kirby player might as well be playing with a whole different level of difficulty from a first-time Dedede player, for example.

He is obviously talking about Kirby Super Star.

An excellent choice. I played that one to death and back.

In Kirby SuperStar, Bomb Kirby and Plasma Sidekick are uber-tier.

In SSB64, playing Kirby makes the game a hell of a lot easier.

In Melee... well if you're talking about Melee then you're a brilliant troll.

In Brawl, well I think you're confusing Kirby for MetaKnight.

Kirby is a good character in a lot of respects however, I wouldn't go as far as saying he makes winning that much easier unless your playing someone who's style is so badly countered by kirby's characteristics.

Oh, Kirby's a good character that's fairly easy to learn, he just has a few flaws (short range, no reliable projectile unless you can steal one from your enemy, limited kill strength, and he's too light for his own good) that make him far from broken.

Oh, Kirby's a good character that's fairly easy to learn, he just has a few flaws (short range, no reliable projectile unless you can steal one from your enemy, limited kill strength, and he's too light for his own good) that make him far from broken.

Metaknight

What I meant, is that Metaknight also suffers from the disadvantages you just summed up. Nearly in the same degree even.

His advantages (broken recovery, able to gimp well, no lag) just outweigh that.

Eh, enough about him.

Kirby is good. Not broken. Not too hard to learn. Still good. Beginner's first choice, but able to compete at high level play.

Likely best Falco counter, too.

Metaknight has awesome range, is much much more maneuverable than Kirby so he can compensate for lightness much easier, and has as excellent gimping abilities as it gets+no problems landing kill moves, so "he has to hit more to outright KO somebody" doesn't really faze him in a comparable way.

What I meant, is that Metaknight also suffers from the disadvantages you just summed up. Nearly in the same degree even.

His advantages (broken recovery, able to gimp well, no lag) just outweigh that.

Eh, enough about him.

Eh? MetaKnight's sword means he doesn't have a range disadvantage and his speed means that he's harder to kill. Lightweight becomes just a way to keep your opponent from comboing and decreases the efficiency of chaingrabbing, since he can keep away from strong attacks. His lack of projectile is truly his ONLY flaw, but it's less of a flaw than it is for characters like Marth and DK because MK is so zetta fast, and he can get past projectiles pretty easily because of his speed and smallness.

Kirby is good. Not broken. Not too hard to learn. Still good. Beginner's first choice, but able to compete at high level play.

I think Ike is more of a beginner's first choice in Brawl, then they think they're (lol alliteration) the shit because they can kill at low damages. Then they get raped by those of us that played Melee, and then they learn that MetaKnight is the toppest-tier character and they start playing as him, then think they're so good at Smash because they can spam dsmash and whorenado and they wag their e-peen in everybody's face because they place in tourneys without having any tech skill or mindgames.

Likely best Falco counter, too.

It's either Kirby or G-Dub. Both counter laser-spam, both are small and light so they can't be chaingrabbed and are hard to hit, and bot have great vertical recoveries so those super-cheap dair gimps aren't gonna work.