Violins (ViolinSnowKid) Vs. Violas (Snow_Storm)

Because there's no debating that violins are so much better than your average, patheic, forgetable violas! Violins are also more popular, more beloved and more vauled. They also make more money in the orcestra and they're like the gods of the orcestra.

Edited by Proud_Black_Man

I'll dispute that (despite being a violinist myself).

Violas have a key edge up on violins through the addition of the lower C string. A skilled violist can always adjust their fingerings into higher positions to reach the higher notes that violins gain from the E string, but regardless of skill a violinist cannot play any of the lower notes their instrument lacks without modifying the instrument.

I'll dispute that (despite being a violinist myself).

Violas have a key edge up on violins through the addition of the lower C string. A skilled violist can always adjust their fingerings into higher positions to reach the higher notes that violins gain from the E string, but regardless of skill a violinist cannot play any of the lower notes their instrument lacks without modifying the instrument.

You do know this was a joke topic?

Yeah. I have fun taking things too seriously some times. It's like a joke in itself. Sorry. :(

Ah, okay. Esp. when I had said this:

They also make more money in the orcestra

IIRC, because of a lack of violaists, orcestras tend to pay them higher.

Being Asian, a former violin player, an average viola player, and a dedicated/competitive piano player, I feel I have to post on this topic. o_o

I started on piano, and then played violin two years after I started, when I was 6.

From a personal standpoint, I found the violin to be more competitive, which is why I switched to viola after 4th grade.

Violin is more of a solo instrument, while some players of lower caliber might find themselves locked to a first-chair in an orchestra setting. While I say that an orchestra isn't terrible, I feel that a soloing violinist has much more potential to be a better player than a solo violist. The options for a violinist are far greater than the back-seat instrument that I quietly took. Thus making Pianists the most amazingest peoples evers :D

Edited by Ryuzaki