Didn't Marth's battle animation change FE3 Book 1 when he got the Fire Emblem?

It's been a while since I've played it, but I think I remember him having it in battle. Didn't he use it as a shield in his battle animations, or was this only in Book 2? I wonder why they wouldn't include this; it would have been a nice change in animation since he doesn't promote.

I don't know if Marth used it as a shield in the original, but he definitely did in Book 1. I don't think it would have added very much to his sprite since it would likely be the same just with a shield thrown in.

In FE3 Book 1 Marth had:

A rapier attack animation

A standard attack animation

variations for when he has the Fire Emblem as a shield

Falchion animations.

Also I recall in FE1 for the Famicom Marth had a special animation for when he finsihes off Medeus.

Yeah, basically, Marth himself had a lot more animation variety originally. Intsys got lazy, I'd say.

While Smash Bros. games had an impact on the series being localized, it had little to do with how the series is developed. (Brawl didn't even use Marth's Shadow Dragon design, remember?)

In FE3 Book 1 Marth had:

A rapier attack animation

A standard attack animation

variations for when he has the Fire Emblem as a shield

Falchion animations.

Also I recall in FE1 for the Famicom Marth had a special animation for when he finsihes off Medeus.

Yeah, basically, Marth himself had a lot more animation variety originally. Intsys got lazy, I'd say.

Also had a new animation with the Miracle Sword. (In FE1 NES)

That's really disappointing that they didn't put in the variety that an NES game had. It's also interesting that they removed the Miracle Sword's effect. But that's understandable since that changed from FE1 to FE3. Did the Miracle Sword and Rapier change his attack animations in FE3 Book 2?

I'm not to the point in the DS game yet where I have the Falchion. So can someone tell me if that changes his animation? They removed the final blow to Medeus too, huh?