Rinehart

Kriemhild

Note: All the names in this article are from the FE5 Translation Patch. It might not be consistent to the names written in the other parts of this site. Thus, some names might need to be changed.

Rinehart Schutaeze is a general of Freege, a part of the Grandbell Empire. He was born a noble and became a general at a very young age. He also has a younger sister, Olwen, who looks up to him. Rinehart was Queen Ishtar's personal guard ever since she was a child and is her first in command of the Gelpritter squad. It is possible that he has some feelings for his queen. She gave him the Holy Sword, which became his most treasured sword. Kempf, a general of similar status, is jealous of Rinehart's fame and sees him as a rival. Rinehart doesn't see it the same way, making Kempf despise him even more.

After the fall of Fort Norden, Prince Leaf and his Liberation Army were approaching Lenster Castle, ready to take it back. Rinehart and his Gelpritter were to attack the army from the rear. With the genius tactician Cyas directing them, there was no way Lenster Castle was going to fall. However, Rinehart noticed that Queen Ishtar was acting strange and became worried about her. He followed her to Conort, leaving Muler in charge of the Gelpritter temporarily. Rinehart discovered that Prince Julius was suffering from a very high fever and was getting worse. Rinehart accompanied the queen to Lenster where she asked Bishop Cyas to come to Conort and help Julius. Cyas's departure ultimately caused Prince Leaf to succeed in taking Lenster Castle.

A Freege army led by Lord Barat began to attack Lenster Castle. Within half a year, Leaf's Liberation Army was eventually driven to a corner of the castle. Rinehart came in to check on Barat's progress. He advised Barat to speed up since King Blume isn't happy that Lenster still wasn't recaptured. The king was deeply saddened at the loss of his son, Ishtor. He was currently defending Alster and if the Isaac Rebellion Army reached it, he would call Barat. So Rinehart told Barat to make sure Lenster was captured by then.

Meanwhile, Prince Julius suspected that Rinehart had feelings for Queen Ishtar. He didn't want anyone to take Ishtar from him so he told Ishtar to get rid of Rinehart. Ishtar said that she needed him since he was her guard for a very long time. Julius said he doesn't care and told her that he's going to kill Rinehart the next time he sees him. Ishtar then agreed to get rid of him but begged Julius to spare his life. She told Rinehart to leave since she was safe with Julius.

Instead of returning to Freege, Rinehart went to the Great River of Thracia, a major defense point, to look for his sister, Olwen. There he met Bishop Cyas who said he heard that Olwen turned against them and joined Leaf. Rinehart said that Olwen is still a child and is only being manipulated. She would understand if he could just talk to her. Cyas told him that Olwen grew up and won't be following her brother's footsteps forever. Either way, Cyas agreed that Rinehart should talk to her.

When Rinehart met Olwen in the battle, he told her that he was glad to see her safe. He asked her to come home to Freege but Olwen refused to leave until all the kidnapped children were safe. Rinehart didn't want to lose his only sister but Olwen made her own decision. She told him that even he can't change her mind and would even fight him if he stood in her path. Rinehart realized that she really had grown up and gave her one last gift. He gave his prized Holy Sword to her as a farewell gift. He then warned her that he'll show no mercy when they meet again. However, he was eventually defeated by Leaf's Liberation Army. If he survives, he leaves and is never seen again.

It is possible that he has some feelings for his queen.

Just out of interest, is there a quote or reference for this? It's been a long time since I touched this game.

Cyas told him that Olwen (has grown) up and won't be following her brother's footsteps forever.

There's probably still a few more issues, but I'm sure NTG will be able to find and fix most of them. I'll probably take another look later as well ^^;;;

Edited by VincentASM

Just out of interest, is there a quote or reference for this? It's been a long time since I touched this game.

I think the way he gives out the Holy Sword - which he had received from Ishtar herself - to Olwen sounds like he had a broken heart, personally.

Olwen:

"This... This is your most prized sword!"

Rinehart:

"Yes... It was give to me by Lady Ishtar, but I have no need for it now. You should take it."

Olwen:

"But why? It seemed so...precious to you."

Also, he's somewhat evasive and uses few words about the subject.

It's your favorite FE, Vincent! Go replay it!

Edited by Arthur

TheEnd gave a good example. Another example is when Julius says "I don't care about that. I don't like him... I don't like the way he looks at you." It's not explicitly stated so I only said it's a possibility.

There's probably still a few more issues, but I'm sure NTG will be able to find and fix most of them. I'll probably take another look later as well ^^;;;

I really don't feel like copy-pasting the entire thing just to fix one mistake. I'll wait until there are more errors.

Suggestion time!

Rinehart Schutaeze is a general of Freege, a Dukedom of the Grandbell Empire.

He advised Barat to speed up since King Blume was unhappy that Lenster still wasn't recaptured.

Rinehart didn't want to lose his only sister but Olwen already made her own decision.

Also, I'm not sure if Ishtar could be called a queen. Her father is a king, so that makes her a princess or a lady or something. I don't think she's married to Julius either?

Rinehart was Queen Ishtar's personal guard ever since she was a child and is her first in command of the Gelpritter squad. He was given the Holy Sword from her, which became his most treasured sword. It is possible that he has some feelings for his queen.

I think swapping the last two sentences works a bit better.

(However) Rinehart doesn't see it the same way

To make it flow better.

Rinehart and his Gelpritter were (ordered) to attack the army from the rear

This sentence seems kind of short, but I'm not sure if one extra word can change much ^^;;;

(There,) Rinehart discovered that Prince Julius
A Freege army led by Lord Barat began to attack Lenster Castle.

I think this sentence doesn't really introduce the paragraph well enough.

I think it needs some more "reason" or explaining. Eg. perhaps add ", in order to reclaim it from the rebels(?)" afterwards?

I'll edit this later, since I just noticed I'm low on time >___<

Suggestion time!

Also, I'm not sure if Ishtar could be called a queen. Her father is a king, so that makes her a princess or a lady or something. I don't think she's married to Julius either?

I believe she was the Queen of Manster.

I believe she was the Queen of Manster.

I thought she was the Queen of Freege. Being the Queen of Manster means Redric is directly under her. Well, Blume is the King of Conort while Hilda is the Queen of Miletos. So Ishtar is technically a princess of Conort and Miletos. If she was in control of any other place (Freege or Manster), then she's automatically a Queen of that area. Rinehart, Cyas, and Fred all refer to her as a queen in the translation.

Is Freege still a dukedom even after Grandbell became an empire? Anyway, here comes the edited version.

Rinehart Schutaeze is a general of Freege, a Dukedom of the Grandbell Empire. He was born a noble and became a general at a very young age. He also has a younger sister, Olwen, who looks up to him. Rinehart was Queen Ishtar's personal guard ever since she was a child and is her first in command of the Gelpritter squad. He was given the Holy Sword from her, which became his most treasured sword. It is possible that he has some feelings for his queen. Kempf, a general of similar status, is jealous of Rinehart's fame and sees him as a rival. However, Rinehart doesn't see it the same way, making Kempf despise him even more.

After the fall of Fort Norden, Prince Leaf and his Liberation Army were approaching Lenster Castle, ready to take it back. Rinehart and his Gelpritter were ordered to attack the army from the rear. With the genius tactician Cyas directing them, there was no way Lenster Castle was going to fall. However, Rinehart noticed that Queen Ishtar was acting strange and became worried about her. He followed her to Conort, leaving Muler in charge of the Gelpritter temporarily. There, Rinehart discovered that Prince Julius was suffering from a very high fever and was getting worse. Rinehart accompanied the queen to Lenster where she asked Bishop Cyas to come to Conort and help Julius. Cyas's departure ultimately caused Prince Leaf to succeed in taking Lenster Castle.

Shortly after that, Lord Barat began to lead a Freege army in order to reclaim Lenster Castle from the rebels. Within half a year, Leaf's Liberation Army was eventually driven to a corner of the castle. Rinehart came in to check on Barat's progress. He advised Barat to speed up since King Blume was unhappy that Lenster still wasn't recaptured. The king was deeply saddened at the loss of his son, Ishtor. He was currently defending Alster and if the Isaac Rebellion Army reached it, he would call Barat. So Rinehart told Barat to make sure Lenster was captured by then.

Meanwhile, Prince Julius suspected that Rinehart had feelings for Queen Ishtar. He didn't want anyone to take Ishtar from him so he told Ishtar to get rid of Rinehart. Ishtar said that she needed him since he was her guard for a very long time. Julius said he doesn't care and told her that he's going to kill Rinehart the next time he sees him. Ishtar then agreed to get rid of him but begged Julius to spare his life. She told Rinehart to leave since she was safe with Julius.

Instead of returning to Freege, Rinehart went to the Great River of Thracia, a major defense point, to look for his sister, Olwen. There he met Bishop Cyas who said he heard that Olwen turned against them and joined Leaf. Rinehart said that Olwen is still a child and is only being manipulated. She would understand if he could just talk to her. Cyas told him that Olwen has grown up and won't be following her brother's footsteps forever. Either way, Cyas agreed that Rinehart should talk to her.

When Rinehart met Olwen in the battle, he told her that he was glad to see her safe. He asked her to come home to Freege but Olwen refused to leave until all the kidnapped children were safe. Rinehart didn't want to lose his only sister but Olwen already made her own decision. She told him that even he can't change her mind and would even fight him if he stood in her path. Rinehart realized that she really had grown up and gave her one last gift. He gave his prized Holy Sword to her as a farewell gift. He then warned her that he'll show no mercy when they meet again. However, he was eventually defeated by Leaf's Liberation Army. If he survives, he leaves and is never seen again.

I thought she was the Queen of Freege.

Er, no. I believe she is the Princess (or Duchess) of Freege, not yet a Queen. Hilda and Blume are still alive after all, who cares about Ishtor.

Being the Queen of Manster means Redric is directly under her.

Leidrick works under Lopto Church IIRC.

Well, Blume is the King of Conort while Hilda is the Queen of Miletos. So Ishtar is technically a princess of Conort and Miletos.

Blume and Hilda are the King and Queen of Freege. But the Freege was given the Manster area by the Empire, like how Dozel ruled over Isaac. That's why Blume was there in Alster/Conote, with Ishtor in Meglen and Ishtar in Manster to help him. Hilda herself gets Chronos from Yurius.

If she was in control of any other place (Freege or Manster), then she's automatically a Queen of that area. Rinehart, Cyas, and Fred all refer to her as a queen in the translation.

I think people call her Queen as the symbol of her political power or status, being Yurius' lover makes her as a very important person, no?

Is Freege still a dukedom even after Grandbell became an empire? Anyway, here comes the edited version.

I think yes.

Edited by Ishtar

I think people call her Queen as the symbol of her political power or status, being Yurius' lover makes her as a very important person, no?

Makes sense. The FE4 translation doesn't refer to her as a queen AFAIK. It could be that the different translators had different views, which would mean that she's not literally a queen. Is it still okay to refer to her as a queen in the story article?

Makes sense. The FE4 translation doesn't refer to her as a queen AFAIK. It could be that the different translators had different views, which would mean that she's not literally a queen. Is it still okay to refer to her as a queen in the story article?

I think go ahead. After all Rinehardt is an FE5 character, so it's better to go along with FE5 translation.

I think go ahead. After all Rinehardt is an FE5 character, so it's better to go along with FE5 translation.

Perhaps. But if she's not really a queen, it would be misleading to the readers to state that she is.

Perhaps. But if she's not really a queen, it would be misleading to the readers to state that she is.

In a way, I believe she has more power than your usual Queen. >.>

I'm not too sure how or why Firelizard got it wrong (since he's a great translator), but I'm almost certain the references to Ishtar being a Queen in the FE5 translation are incorrect. I'm assuming it was an oversight, since if you swap the two Kanji in Princess (Oujo), you get Queen (Joou?).

I'm not too sure how or why Firelizard got it wrong (since he's a great translator), but I'm almost certain the references to Ishtar being a Queen in the FE5 translation are incorrect. I'm assuming it was an oversight, since if you swap the two Kanji in Princess (Oujo), you get Queen (Joou?).

I just checked the script again and I saw Manfloy calls her as Princess, not Queen.

[マンフロイ]

イシュタル王女▼↓

Edited by Ishtar

Ishtar said that she needed him since he had been her guard for a very long time.

I think this might sound better.

I believe the article's mostly fine now, but I still prefer calling Ishtar as something other than a queen.

I just checked the script again and I saw Manfloy calls her as Princess, not Queen.

Not only Manfloy; looking again, she's referred as a Princess (oujo) both in FE4 and FE5.

Some additional things that might be worth mentioning:

1) The Gelpritter squad is actually Ishtar's personal guards, much like Sanaki's Holy Guard from FE9/10.

2) Reinhardt is referred to by some as the "second coming of Tordo".

I'll see if there's anything else later.

I can't believe I missed the second coming of the Holy Warrior Tordo. I intended to write it but I must have forgotten it when typing. I added it this time though. I also replaced "Queen" with "Princess".

Rinehart Schutaeze is a general of Freege, a Dukedom of the Grandbell Empire. He was born a noble and became a general at a very young age. Some people refer to him as the second coming of the Holy Warrior Tordo. He also has a younger sister, Olwen, who looks up to him. Rinehart was Princess Ishtar's personal guard ever since she was a child and is her first in command of the Gelpritter squad, a group of elite Mage Knights that protect the princess. He was given the Holy Sword from her, which became his most treasured sword. It is possible that he has some feelings for his princess. Kempf, a general of similar status, is jealous of Rinehart's fame and sees him as a rival. However, Rinehart doesn't see it the same way, making Kempf despise him even more.

After the fall of Fort Norden, Prince Leaf and his Liberation Army were approaching Lenster Castle, ready to take it back. Rinehart and his Gelpritter were ordered to attack the army from the rear. With the genius tactician Cyas directing them, there was no way Lenster Castle was going to fall. However, Rinehart noticed that Princess Ishtar was acting strange and became worried about her. He followed her to Conort, leaving Muler in charge of the Gelpritter temporarily. There, Rinehart discovered that Prince Julius was suffering from a very high fever and was getting worse. Rinehart accompanied the princess to Lenster where she asked Bishop Cyas to come to Conort and help Julius. Cyas's departure ultimately caused Prince Leaf to succeed in taking Lenster Castle.

Shortly after that, Lord Barat began to lead a Freege army in order to reclaim Lenster Castle from the rebels. Within half a year, Leaf's Liberation Army was eventually driven to a corner of the castle. Rinehart came in to check on Barat's progress. He advised Barat to speed up since King Blume was unhappy that Lenster still wasn't recaptured. The king was deeply saddened at the loss of his son, Ishtor. He was currently defending Alster and if the Isaac Rebellion Army reached it, he would call Barat. So Rinehart told Barat to make sure Lenster was captured by then.

Meanwhile, Prince Julius suspected that Rinehart had feelings for Princess Ishtar. He didn't want anyone to take Ishtar from him so he told Ishtar to get rid of Rinehart. Ishtar said that she needed him since he had been her guard for a very long time. Julius said he doesn't care and told her that he's going to kill Rinehart the next time he sees him. Ishtar then agreed to get rid of him but begged Julius to spare his life. She told Rinehart to leave since she was safe with Julius.

Instead of returning to Freege, Rinehart went to the Great River of Thracia, a major defense point, to look for his sister, Olwen. There he met Bishop Cyas who said he heard that Olwen turned against them and joined Leaf. Rinehart said that Olwen is still a child and is only being manipulated. She would understand if he could just talk to her. Cyas told him that Olwen has grown up and won't be following her brother's footsteps forever. Either way, Cyas agreed that Rinehart should talk to her.

When Rinehart met Olwen in the battle, he told her that he was glad to see her safe. He asked her to come home to Freege but Olwen refused to leave until all the kidnapped children were safe. Rinehart didn't want to lose his only sister but Olwen already made her own decision. She told him that even he can't change her mind and would even fight him if he stood in her path. Rinehart realized that she really had grown up and gave her one last gift. He gave his prized Holy Sword to her as a farewell gift. He then warned her that he'll show no mercy when they meet again. However, he was eventually defeated by Leaf's Liberation Army. If he survives, he leaves and is never seen again.