• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

FE4 Wrath, I'll give you. But on the other side of the coin, you're talking about a skill that only can be gotten on an amiibo character (I think).

There is (or gonna be) DLC where it's not only accessed by an Amiibo character.

Vantage in those games needed half HP or less to work, like in Awakening. Admittedly, it wasn't stellar in RD either, but still, I personally don't like the idea of needing to go into battle at least half dead to benefit from a skill unless it's something like Resolve.

Its main use is defense, though. I'll grant you that it might be kinda dumb to have Vantage activate at half-HP, but at the same time, it makes sense because the unit that has it is trying to make some effort to defend itself. Especially in the case of a Proto-Hector fathered Arthur or Proto-Nino, who both have the Wrath/Vantage combo. Or Robin as Chrom's wife, who has the Vantage/Vengeance combo in addition to Dual Strike+ access. (Same could be said for either of Male!Robin, Male!Morgan, Dark Mage father!Inigo, Myrmidon father!Laurent, Dark Mage father!Owain, if any of them get Lucy's hand in marriage. Alternatively, Lucy herself could get all three skills if she's Robin's daughter.)

One of the quotes in his sig references the "Stupid Sexy Flanders" trope.

Edited by Just call me AL

There is (or gonna be) DLC where it's not only accessed by an Amiibo character. Its main use is defense, though. I'll grant you that it might be kinda dumb to have Vantage activate at half-HP, but at the same time, it makes sense because the unit that has it is trying to make some effort to defend itself. Especially in the case of a Proto-Hector fathered Arthur or Tinny, who has the Wrath/Vantage combo. Or Robin as Chrom's wife, who has the Vantage/Vengeance combo in addition to Dual Strike+ access. (Same could be said for either of Male!Robin, Male!Morgan, Dark Mage father!Inigo, Myrmidon father!Laurent, Dark Mage father!Owain, if any of them get Lucy's hand in marriage. Alternatively, Lucy herself could get all three skills if she's Robin's daughter.)One of the quotes in his sig references the "Stupid Sexy Flanders" trope.

Perhaps, but even so, I still ain't sold on Vantage being much good in Fates after most of what worked well with it in past games got noifed.

I personally dislike Vengeance because FE ain't the type of series that I consider to be able to pull the concept off well. I mean, this IS a series where defeated units are gone forever, after all... Oh, and dual guards can and will screw over Vengeance.

Isn't a werefox.

Edited by Levant Colthearts