• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

How expensive are items in Legend of Legaia? And how bad are non-healing spells?

The only good healing item is the healing berry, which is full HP restore for 1 character for 3000.

The next best is healing fruit, which is +800 HP to your party for 2400.

Average fight in the late game is 1200-1700 G per battle.

The third healing spell (Spoon) at level 5 is about 2100 HP for the party for 45 MP.

Average character HP/MP 3/4 of the way through the game is around 2000 / 350.

I'll leave the evaluations to you. But in short, you need healing magic, and you need to conserve MP for healing magic. A strong spell (i.e. Kemaro) will do 2800 damage to an enemy at L8, but costs 72 MP. You can do 2100-2200 damage every other turn with normal attacks.

Knows that Legaia is a grind fest if nothing else. :(

Edited by Cocytus

The only good healing item is the healing berry, which is full HP restore for 1 character for 3000.

The next best is healing fruit, which is +800 HP to your party for 2400.

Average fight in the late game is 1200-1700 G per battle.

The third healing spell (Spoon) at level 5 is about 2100 HP for the party for 45 MP.

Average character HP/MP 3/4 of the way through the game is around 2000 / 350.

I'll leave the evaluations to you. But in short, you need healing magic, and you need to conserve MP for healing magic. A strong spell (i.e. Kemaro) will do 2800 damage to an enemy at L8, but costs 72 MP. You can do 2100-2200 damage every other turn with normal attacks.

Knows that Legaia is a grind fest if nothing else. :(

Hmmm... It'd take 2 to 3 battles just to get one of those items you mentioned.

Does using spells a certain amount of times make them increase in level, a la SO3?

^Knows that in most RPGs, the main character must always fight (e.g. Super Mario RPG).

Hmmm... It'd take 2 to 3 battles just to get one of those items you mentioned.

Does using spells a certain amount of times make them increase in level, a la SO3?

Indeed. And the top armor is ~30,000 apiece. And characters have weapons, headgear, body armor, and legwear. (And three accessories, but the accessories worth using aren't bought, but found.)

Absolutely. Hence why I referred to spell level. It ranges from 1 to 9.

Knows that the magic grail (recover 20 MP at the end of each turn) is one of the best accessories in the game for this reason.

Indeed. And the top armor is ~30,000 apiece. And characters have weapons, headgear, body armor, and legwear. (And three accessories, but the accessories worth using aren't bought, but found.)

Absolutely. Hence why I referred to spell level. It ranges from 1 to 9.

Knows that the magic grail (recover 20 MP at the end of each turn) is one of the best accessories in the game for this reason.

Whoa... And I assume there's nothing that increases the gold gotten after battle.

I figured as much.

^Knows that in most RPGs, early on, money is hard to come by, but by the time you're at the end, you're rolling in cash.

Whoa... And I assume there's nothing that increases the gold gotten after battle.

I figured as much.

^Knows that in most RPGs, early on, money is hard to come by, but by the time you're at the end, you're rolling in cash.

Actually, there exists a gold book, which is an accessory that increases the G you get after battle by 25%.

But it sells for 20,000 G, so... do you keep it or sell it?

Knows that there is actually a 'trick' to making this gold a lot easier to come by. You buy 100 tokens for 100G each, go to the arena, beat the beginner course, and walk away with 818 coins. Then, you can buy 7 loaves of Soru Bread and sell the bread for 3,000 G each. So, 21,000 net G for... well... 5 minutes' time isn't so bad.

(By endgame, when you can beat the Master Course and get 13,820 coins, money ceases to be an issue).

Knows that you still have to grind for EXP.

Actually, there exists a gold book, which is an accessory that increases the G you get after battle by 25%.

But it sells for 20,000 G, so... do you keep it or sell it?

Knows that there is actually a 'trick' to making this gold a lot easier to come by. You buy 100 tokens for 100G each, go to the arena, beat the beginner course, and walk away with 818 coins. Then, you can buy 7 loaves of Soru Bread and sell the bread for 3,000 G each. So, 21,000 net G for... well... 5 minutes' time isn't so bad.

(By endgame, when you can beat the Master Course and get 13,820 coins, money ceases to be an issue).

Knows that you still have to grind for EXP.

That's quite a dilemma. Still, making gold in that game sounds much easier than in some RPGs.

Knows that the Moonbase Proclaimer's not that big of a threat against the awesome might of Whirlwind.

Knows that I'd consider Proclaimer the easiest boss since... well...

hmm... I think that was the easiest boss fight of the game so far.

(Hardest is Biwig thanks to Maria having no accuracy...)

And the other fish-heads didn't help matters any...

Knows that Crystal Statues are a pain because of lightning speed and immunity to elements.

Knows that they thankfully only have around 650 MP (on 4D mode), so they're vulnerable to being MP-killed by chains of Shadow Wave and FG.

Crystal Cerberus, on the other hand, has to be HP killed...

Edited by Cocytus

Knows that they thankfully only have around 650 MP (on 4D mode), so they're vulnerable to being MP-killed by chains of Shadow Wave and FG.

Crystal Cerberus, on the other hand, has to be HP killed...

But then there's that other Crystal Statue, the one you see on the return trip to Kaddan...

^^^^Knows that Armor enemies in general are sloooow.

^Got EO3.

Edited by Ein Lanford

But then there's that other Crystal Statue, the one you see on the return trip to Kaddan...

315,840 / 18,500.

Knows that I'll have done some IC by then and be around L65, so I can FG them with Orichalcum-enhanced weapons (Atk ~2200?)