• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Would agree that Astrid-Makalov is a crack pairing.

Crack pairing? That's an understatement.

Above poster would love to touch Shanoa.

SHANOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUAAAAAAUAAAAGHAAAUGHAGHUAGHA!!

^Doesn't understand the definition of a crack pairing.

@GG: Doesn't know that FE crack pairings can include pairings in the games themselves.

@ Col. M: Made me want to find a picture similar to the one in his sig.

A crack pairing is SPECIFICALLY an impossible, bullshit pairing made up by fans.

From TVTropes:

Shipping beyond all bounds of sanity. There are official couples and there are couples drawn from more-or-less subjective subtext, and then there are these. Characters who are shipped together despite barely even having a relationship in canon. Sometimes they haven't even met in canon. Sometimes they don't even belong to the same 'verse (that's what cross overs are for, after all) or to the same species.

Crack pairings range from the making-you-scratch-your-head-in-puzzlement weird, to the eyes-gouging-with-a-fork-inducing weird. But they always leave you asking "Why? By all that is holy, WHY?"

@GG: I'm looking at the site right now, and Astrid X Makalov is listed as a crack pairing on that site. (As well as Claude X Sylvia, Harken X Vaida, and Kyle X Lute. Why the heck Hector X Florina isn't listed is beyond me.)

@WLS: Quoted another site I looked on, but removed the quote for some reason.

Edited by Little Al

GG:

As mentioned on the Troper Tales page, Fire Emblem doesn't even need wacky fan pairings (though there are certainly plenty of those out there): some of the canon pairing possibilities are downright Crack Pairings. Examples given on the Troper Tales page are: Sylvia/Claude from the 4th game, Harken/Vaida from the 7th game, Kyle/Lute from the 8th game, and Astrid/Malakov from the 10th game.

There you are.

Loves Lute.

I'm not really convinced that AstridxMakalov qualifies as a crack pairing (seeing as they have a support in FE9), but whatever...

Started a topic about the possibility of the world ending in 2012.