• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Knows about a hungry mage.

Now they just need to get rid of that stupid HM lock. Nothing like switching Haxorus's Brick Break to False Swipe when in the mood to catch something.

Maybe that will happen in the 6th gen?

Now they just need to get rid of that stupid HM lock.

I doubt they'll get rid of it.

Gonna catface a lot when BBCS2 gets here.

Knows I disagree.

Hmmm... In my case it's the lack of good supports, and as I see it, it doesn't help his case that his class HURTS him, what with light magic sucking so bad in PoR. What the hell, 2 mt and 4 wt Light? 4 mt and 6 wt Shine?? 7 mt and 12 wt Nosferatu???

Cannot use a psy grenade.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Don't equip the Nosferatu tome iunno?

Doesn't like Rhys.

That's not the only thing, it's that Rhys has virtually nonexistent Strength, meaning his tomes weigh him down a lot, and his Speed isn't helping.

Knows Makalov is hated by many.

Hmmm... In my case it's the lack of good supports, and as I see it, it doesn't help his case that his class HURTS him, what with light magic sucking so bad in PoR. What the hell, 2 mt and 4 wt Light? 4 mt and 6 wt Shine?? 7 mt and 12 wt Nosferatu???

Cannot use a psy grenade.

Ulki and Mia doesn't matter if Mia's doesn't give Rhys defense since he's not supposed to be attacked in the first place. If you can keep Mist away from enemies surely you can do the same for Rhys.

Rhys generally has high magic when he promotes (around 20) and enemies have low stats and low RES even in hard mode so he's bound to do at least good damage compared to Mist who needs to hit enemies with her sword till she gets a B. As for high wt on MT you can just reduce the WT since you're given an abundance of money in FE9 and increase the MT to the equivalent of shine. If you give Mist forges surely you can spend money on reducing WT and increasing MT for Rhys, as for nosferatu he shouldn't be using it in the first place unless you want to take an enemy hit in which he's guaranteed to survive.

Will know I consider Mist a waste of EXP just for a mounted healer.

Edited by Generic Officer

Ulki and Mia doesn't matter if Mia's doesn't give Rhys defense since he's not supposed to be attacked in the first place. If you can keep Mist away from enemies surely you can do the same for Rhys.

Rhys generally has high magic when he promotes (around 20) and enemies have low stats and low RES even in hard mode so he's bound to do at least good damage compared to Mist who needs to hit enemies with her sword till she gets a B. As for high wt on MT you can just reduce the WT since you're given an abundance of money in FE9 and increase the MT to the equivalent of shine. If you give Mist forges surely you can spend money on reducing WT and increasing MT for Rhys, as for nosferatu he shouldn't be using it in the first place unless you want to take an enemy hit in which he's guaranteed to survive.

Will know I consider Mist a waste of EXP just for a mounted healer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ulki low tier? Also, the thing is, I'm more restricted on what I can do with Rhys. At least Mist gives some good supports to units that're actually worth using.

Incidentally, Mist is actually a good Arms Scroll candidate (I don't know anyone else who'd even want them all that much).

Knows that this would be frustrating

250px-Super_Effective_Strip_22.png

Edited by Metal King Slime

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ulki low tier? Also, the thing is, I'm more restricted on what I can do with Rhys. At least Mist gives some good supports to units that're actually worth using.

Incidentally, Mist is actually a good Arms Scroll candidate (I don't know anyone else who'd even want them all that much).

Yes she can use the two arms scroll but you only get one sonic sword with 20 usage (unless if you want to hammerine it) while you just forge/buy Rhy's weapons.

Yes, just because he's low tier for efficient runs but that doesn't mean you can't deploy him for your causal runs. Anyways in a pure efficient run yes Mist wins over Rhys since she can keep up, canto after healing and support good units. But in a casual efficient run Rhys would be the better choice.

To summarize:

Rhys                                        
+High staff rank no need to grind till Mist can use restore or physics since his staff rank is his light rank no need for much grinding.
+Deals good damage upon promotion early or 21/1. (Specifically knights or low res units which FE9 is full of)
+Assured growth in magic which means his offense is guaranteed to increase compared to Mist's 35 STR.
+Can shove Ike which can help for casual efficiency.
+Good base magic which means he generally heals to full hp with just a heal staff.
-Low speed
-Small viable support partners.
-Needs forges on WT. (Which isn't a problem since money is abundant)

Mist
+Mounted healer can canto
+Good support options
-Takes a load of exp just for promotion which can be invested in others.
-Requires mass weapon level grinding just to use sonic sword for viable offense.
-35% STR growth, which means her offense till sonic sword is terrible or average.
-Low base magic and staff rank, she's stuck healing a small amount till her magic picks up.

Loves playing pokemon a lot more than I do.

Edited by Generic Officer