Planetarian for the PSP

Wist

I just today learned that there is a PSP version of Planetarian (and it seems that Little Busters will be ported, that news surprised me because the PSP version of Tomoyo After hasn't been released yet). The PSP versions of visual novels are attractive to me because I can very easily play them at university wherever I like, as well as on long bus and train rides. When a PSP port of Planetarian was skipped in favor of a Tomoyo After, I feared that Planetarian's short length would leave it neglected.

This has recently proved untrue, but I most probably haven't the means to import the title. The game is not in stock at any of the normal import venues because it appears to be a limited edition run sold exclusively at Key's tenth year anniversary festival. I believe this is suggested on the Planetarian site, and on this random French page I found. If this is a limited edition release, then a normal release may not ever follow. I was hoping for a portable Planetarian much more than I was a portable Tomoyo After, and, because I refuse to pirate any current generation titles, the prospect of never having the opportunity to own this game very much saddens me. I hope that you will all express great sympathy as a result of this heart wrenching turn of events instead of poking fun at one of my most favored hobbies.

Holy crap, limited edition with no hope of import would really suck. Planetarian was incredibly gripping, and a very moving story, at least in my opinion. While I'd personally be hesitant to play Key games on a mobile, for fear of breaking down in tears in the middle of public, I can fully appreciate the appeal of handhelds for exact the reasons you listed.

Here's hoping they do a standard release and that you're able to track down a copy.

As a friend, I am heartbroken by this tragic realization. I hope that someday you may find the sacred item you seek, and can proudly hold it above the rest of us common people.

You fucking owe me for not making an eroge quip.

Holy crap, limited edition with no hope of import would really suck. Planetarian was incredibly gripping, and a very moving story, at least in my opinion. While I'd personally be hesitant to play Key games on a mobile, for fear of breaking down in tears in the middle of public, I can fully appreciate the appeal of handhelds for exact the reasons you listed.

Here's hoping they do a standard release and that you're able to track down a copy.

I'd never before considered the prospect of tearing or breaking down in public. I haven't ever read through any sad parts of a Key game on a bus or train, but that's something to be wary of henceforth. I agree it would be very nice if a standard release is issued but I'm not at all familiar with how Japanese companies tend to approach limited versus standard releases in a situation like this. The PC version of Tomoyo After was supposed to be a limited edition release and, to my knowledge, it has always remained that way. Planetarian already has PC and PS2 versions so I fear this PSP release will remain limited.
As a friend, I am heartbroken by this tragic realization. I hope that someday you may find the sacred item you seek, and can proudly hold it above the rest of us common people.

You fucking owe me for not making an eroge quip.

I'm going to be in Japan in late May and early June so I'll most definitely keep an eye out for it at any used or collectible game shops. Unfortunately I have no idea whether or not I'll be able to find it, and what price it might be if I do chance upon it.

When I learned of the aforementioned news, I made this this face at my computer screen, and inside I felt like this.

Edited by CaptainWistmarre